Search found 4545 matches

by leon
19 Sep 2018 14:47
Forum: General Football
Topic: Women Pundits/Commentators
Replies: 25
Views: 241

Re: Women Pundits/Commentators

Meh, I'm happy with my views on this, and the best argument that can be mustered so far is because more women watch football now that means women need to be pundits. Strange concept. Next, you'll be telling me the only reason homes under the hammer has Dion Dublin as a presenter is because more bla...
by leon
19 Sep 2018 14:23
Forum: The Team
Topic: MATCHWATCH : Norwich City (h) sponsored by Andy Hughes
Replies: 49
Views: 2548

Re: MATCHWATCH : Norwich City (h) sponsored by Andy Hughes

My team for Naarige: Walker ________ Yiadom Ilori Moore Blackett (if fit, if not Gunter) _________ Bacuna Kelly Sims _________ Swift ________ Barrow (if not breastfeeding) Baldock And, when our Iranian international is up to speed, I'd slide him in for Kelly.... assuming he is actually half decent....
by leon
19 Sep 2018 12:03
Forum: General Football
Topic: Women Pundits/Commentators
Replies: 25
Views: 241

Re: Women Pundits/Commentators

Meh, I'm happy with my views on this, and the best argument that can be mustered so far is because more women watch football now that means women need to be pundits. Strange concept. Next, you'll be telling me the only reason homes under the hammer has Dion Dublin as a presenter is because more bla...
by leon
19 Sep 2018 11:43
Forum: General Football
Topic: Women Pundits/Commentators
Replies: 25
Views: 241

Re: Women Pundits/Commentators

one of the points and its the only point I agree with in his rant, and he hasn't done himself any favours in how he has approached it is, is she there just cos she's a woman? Are Sky and BT just trying to be seen as politically correct? Is she there just as a token gesture, or is she there on merit...
by leon
19 Sep 2018 10:19
Forum: The Team
Topic: MATCHWATCH : Norwich City (h) sponsored by Andy Hughes
Replies: 49
Views: 2548

Re: MATCHWATCH : Norwich City (h) sponsored by Andy Hughes

The player most Norwich fans rate and certainly on the evidence I've seen is their best prospect, is the young lad Jamal Lewis at left back. In the recent Old Farm derby game against Ipswich he provided their biggest attacking threat. That's OK. Our Wall of Iron on the right side (Aluko and Gunter)...
by leon
17 Sep 2018 11:17
Forum: The Team
Topic: BFTG - Preston
Replies: 66
Views: 6797

Re: BFTG - Preston

Not sure of your point. We’re not Premiership quality. Aluko was a very good player in a team considered by many the best ever to have played in this division. He SHOULD be a key player in our team. The question is why he isn’t. Sorry but that is just not true! They are the second best team to have...
by leon
16 Sep 2018 22:25
Forum: The Team
Topic: MATCHWATCH : Norwich City (h) sponsored by Andy Hughes
Replies: 49
Views: 2548

Re: MATCHWATCH : Norwich City (h) sponsored by Andy Hughes

Hound wrote:
leon wrote:
JoeyJoeJoeJnrShabadoo wrote:thanks


This literally, is the best thing about the Team Board.


Unlike that hotbed of quality posting that is AE

A) it always makes me laugh. It’s quality.

B) AE is literally the best thing in the world. Well sort of.
by leon
16 Sep 2018 22:02
Forum: The Team
Topic: MATCHWATCH : Norwich City (h) sponsored by Andy Hughes
Replies: 49
Views: 2548

Re: MATCHWATCH : Norwich City (h) sponsored by Andy Hughes

JoeyJoeJoeJnrShabadoo wrote:thanks


This literally, is the best thing about the Team Board.
by leon
16 Sep 2018 21:57
Forum: The Team
Topic: MATCHWATCH : Preston North End (a) sponsored by the season starts here
Replies: 153
Views: 7860

Re: MATCHWATCH : Preston North End (a) sponsored by the season starts here

It will be interesting to see where Ezatolahi fits into Clement's plans. It sounds like he could add a bit of steel and solidity to midfield which is what we need. Will he make the grade? A player with potential. Unlikely to be a saviour. Doesn't need to be a saviour, just needs to provide the bit ...
by leon
15 Sep 2018 14:52
Forum: The Team
Topic: MATCHWATCH : Preston North End (a) sponsored by the season starts here
Replies: 153
Views: 7860

Re: MATCHWATCH : Preston North End (a) sponsored by the season starts here

sandman wrote:
Royals and Racers wrote:Walker
Gunter
Yiadom
Moore
Ilori
Bacuna
Swift
Meite
Aluko
Kelly
Baldock

subs
Jaakkola
O`shea
Mcshane
Sims
Bodvarsson
McNaulty
Rinomhota


Oh dear.


Yeah Kelly, Aluko and Swift away from home.
by leon
13 Sep 2018 23:35
Forum: General Football
Topic: 3rd UEFA Cup Competition
Replies: 14
Views: 268

Re: 3rd UEFA Cup Competition

Feels like the golden goose is slowly being throttled to this former fan. The more European football there is, of any flavour, the more it cheapens the product. "Less is more", someone should tell UEFA et al. (Although I get it that it's probably more commercially attractive to have more ...
by leon
13 Sep 2018 23:30
Forum: General Football
Topic: Bobby Madley
Replies: 16
Views: 534

Re: Bobby Madley

Green wrote:Listen lads I didn't say I was one of them, was just trying to defuse the situation.


By mocking the disableds?

What sort of an animal are you!
by leon
13 Sep 2018 23:23
Forum: Rumours and Gossip
Topic: The Local Journo Thread
Replies: 375
Views: 41401

Re: The Local Journo Thread

Not really one for OMA's sustained attack on local media outlets but Low's ratings for the first 6 games are pretty laughable when it comes to the ratings of Illori, McShane and Yiadom. https://www.football.london/reading-fc/reading-fc-player-ratings-dismal-15131742 He gave everyone 5 irrespective ...
by leon
12 Sep 2018 20:47
Forum: The Team
Topic: Rival Watch
Replies: 2021
Views: 226404

Re: Rival Watch

Tbf I know some Bolton fans and they’re OK.

Fulham fans on the other hand....
by leon
11 Sep 2018 14:50
Forum: The Team
Topic: Rival Watch
Replies: 2021
Views: 226404

Re: Rival Watch

Hound wrote:Heard Brum were also facing a points deduction

Maybe our best chance of avoiding relegation this year sadly

Actually think it’s a shame for Bolton. Not a talented side but very well set up and disciplined - the players and manager don’t deserve it


Agreed.
by leon
09 Sep 2018 22:00
Forum: The Team
Topic: Gourlay
Replies: 203
Views: 33723

Re: Gourlay

Platypuss wrote:So much demonstration of confirmation bias in this thread.


Is that like something to do with Hitler and stuff?
by leon
08 Sep 2018 14:21
Forum: The Team
Topic: Gourlay
Replies: 203
Views: 33723

Re: Gourlay

As with the previous interview I’m not entirely sure what you people were expecting from him?

To say it was proof hes out of his depth is laughable.

He didn’t really say anything to be honest, but wasn’t ranting and raving.
by leon
06 Sep 2018 21:12
Forum: International Football
Topic: Nations League & Friendlies
Replies: 29
Views: 648

Re: Nations League & Friendlies

ROI need Meyler on to shore up the midfield.
by leon
04 Sep 2018 23:46
Forum: The Team
Topic: Where have the hardcore gone? Culture loss.
Replies: 151
Views: 8456

Re: Where have the hardcore gone? Culture loss.

From reading posts on here it almost sounds like the club would be better off if it moved back into a 12,000 seater stadium in the town centre and just accepted life as a league 1/2 outfit. I went to see Forest Green Rovers V Cheltenham in the checkacrowd trophy tonight and trust me we don’t want t...
by leon
04 Sep 2018 23:12
Forum: The Team
Topic: Where have the hardcore gone? Culture loss.
Replies: 151
Views: 8456

Re: Where have the hardcore gone? Culture loss.

So basically we’re saying supporting Reading is like being married. When you first met, you’d try and get up there every chance you got nowadays you’d rather watch it on the Internet.
It is currently 19 Sep 2018 15:03