Hob Nob Regular

Re: Refwatch: Burnley FA Cup 4th round

by RoyalChicagoFC » 23 Jan 2010 15:01

D'Urso was wretched

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 23 Jan 2010 15:59

Whoever the referee was, he was dreadful.

howser
Hob Nob Regular

by howser » 23 Jan 2010 16:10

I have always wondered why D'Urso lost his premiership status !!! no need to wonder after that performance

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 23 Jan 2010 16:22

RoyalChicagoFC D'Urso was wretched

I actually thought that on the whole he was fine most of the match. He just got 3 or 4 important decisions for us totally wrong for no good reason.

RoyalChicagoFC
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalChicagoFC » 23 Jan 2010 16:27

:lol: Dattabout summitup!

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 23 Jan 2010 16:29

Far Canal Referee: Andy D'Urso
Assistant Referees: N Kinseley & R L Lewis
Fourth Official: P Taylor

Andy D'Urso, from Billericay Essex, started refereeing in 1979 and progressed to the national list of assistant referees in 1990.

He was promoted to the national list of referees in 1994 before moving on to the Premier League in 1999 and the select group list in 2001, but he was later demoted and has not refereed in the Premier League since 2005.

Married with two teenage children his hobbies include music, gardening and travel.

Mr D'Urso does not seem to be the most popular of referees.
You can sign the "Sack Andy D'Urso" petition here:

http://www.petitiononline.com/swfc08/petition.html

Andy D'Urso is an anagram of Roddy Anus

A very fitting anagram. And after that completely shyte performance today I am signing up! :twisted: :twisted:

Can't spot an obvious penalty but then feels he needs to signal to his his assistant that the ball had gone out for a throw rather than a corner, despite the assistant being stood within a couple of feet of the flag! Mind you, the assistant in question was the slaphead in front of the East Stand who was equally inept at spotting a stonewall penalty! :twisted:

The Real Sandhurst Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by The Real Sandhurst Royal » 23 Jan 2010 17:48

Andy D'urso and his assistant were the only two in the ground who missed one of the most blatant penalty decision you will ever see.

Good job we went onto win after that!

RoyalChicagoFC
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalChicagoFC » 23 Jan 2010 17:59

There was that complete phantom call he made late on when Burnley were trying to clear, and one of ours chasing with his back to goal got a slight touch in challenging for it, but he blows up for a foul that he didn't see and couldn't infer from what he did see

If he doesn't see it, and if it's impossible for him to draw an obvious inference from what he does see, then he shouldn't whistle it

He didn't let play continue when Bertrand IIRC got fouled winning the ball in the left corner, gained control and was starting to play it out

I'm not even gonna mention the non-call on Jobi except to say that I've seen worse (and didn't see the one that involved Raz so can't comment)

He was right at least to book Mills and then McCann a few minutes later for much the same thing --you didn't see any more of that the rest of the way-- and Ivar had it coming

Other'n that, he was horsesheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiiiiit

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 23 Jan 2010 18:07

In the position the ref was in you'll rarely see a penalty given for the Rasiak pen.

The Karacan challenge was an awful call. The McAnuff penalty was an awful call.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 24 Jan 2010 00:20

I was furious at the time, in fact for most of the game
Such an irrittating little man stopping and starting for no reason and not spotting obvious fouls and inventing others

But have seen our penalty shouts again on TV and I think he got them both right :shock:

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 24 Jan 2010 00:31

bcubed I was furious at the time, in fact for most of the game
Such an irrittating little man stopping and starting for no reason and not spotting obvious fouls and inventing others

But have seen our penalty shouts again on TV and I think he got them both right :shock:

as tenuous as the first shout was.......the burnley player deliberately had his arms wrapped around Raz's midriff....a foul...in the box= penalty

McDuffs was without a doubt a foul...a foul in the box = penalty

I don't care what Sir Steve said on Tv

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 24 Jan 2010 00:47

And not a grey hair in the programme.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 24 Jan 2010 11:07

AthleticoSpizz
bcubed I was furious at the time, in fact for most of the game

as tenuous as the first shout was.......the burnley player deliberately had his arms wrapped around Raz's midriff....a foul...in the box= penalty

McDuffs was without a doubt a foul...a foul in the box = penalty

I don't care what Sir Steve said on Tv

Ref was blindsided to the hug and it was very soft. Rasiak did himself no favours by going down the way he did. But then it does seem that Refs are incapable of giving a penalty unless the player goes down.

If teh holding had been much more obvious and Rasiak hadn't have gone down, but been clearly impeded, I doubt he'd have got anything either.

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 24 Jan 2010 11:12

Referee had an erratic performance.
He won't recieve a great mark through the match assessment.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 24 Jan 2010 11:44

It's the consistency that's the problem not just with D'Urso but all refs.The Mills booking was a case in point it was a deserved yellow card sure, but, the foul on Bertrand about 5 minutes earlier was also a yellow yet the Burnley player only got a talking to.

As for the McAnuff decision if that was anywhere else on the pitch it would have been a free kick. Gudjonsson was clumsy rather than malicious with the challenge but it was a foul and should have resulted in a penalty.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 24 Jan 2010 12:04

sandman It's the consistency that's the problem not just with D'Urso but all refs.The Mills booking was a case in point it was a deserved yellow card sure, but, the foul on Bertrand about 5 minutes earlier was also a yellow yet the Burnley player only got a talking to.

As for the McAnuff decision if that was anywhere else on the pitch it would have been a free kick. Gudjonsson was clumsy rather than malicious with the challenge but it was a foul and should have resulted in a penalty.

Think the Bertrand one was their first serious foul wasn't it? I thought he did well with that. He gave both teams a solid talking to for their first poor offence rather than going straight for the cards. Then got them out when the next offence from each came in. Again, consistently.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 24 Jan 2010 17:09

sandman It's the consistency that's the problem not just with D'Urso but all refs.The Mills booking was a case in point it was a deserved yellow card sure, but, the foul on Bertrand about 5 minutes earlier was also a yellow yet the Burnley player only got a talking to.

Don't think so - I did at the time, but in replay just looks a clumsy coming together and Jobi went over very easily
Hate to give Durso any credit but i think he got this right
Last edited by bcubed on 24 Jan 2010 17:26, edited 1 time in total.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 24 Jan 2010 17:16

you've got to be the only person to think that.

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 24 Jan 2010 17:21

Did Gudjohnsen trip McAnuff resulting in McAnuff being impeded? Yes. It doesn't matter if there is intent or not, that is a foul and referees should give a decision in McAnuff's favour. Pedancy dictates that if the referee deems it an unintentional trip then an indirect free kick should be awarded.

As much as McAnufff engineered the position to get the trip, Gudjohnsen also had the opportunity to see what was happening and back off, avoiding contact. Defenders are as responsible for their actions as attackers are for theirs.

I short, a horrendous decision by one of the worst referees I have had the dubious priveledge of seeing take charge of a match. Funny how these big decisions regularly centre around this man isn't it?

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 24 Jan 2010 17:27

Ian Royal you've got to be the only person to think that.

apart from SSC?