Back from the game - Cardiff (A) - Wembley special.

112 posts
parky
Hob Nob Regular

Back from the game - Cardiff (A) - Wembley special.

by parky » 18 May 2011 00:41

Great performance from the lads, especially in the second half in which we dominated, we gave the ball away too much for my liking in the first half!

Support was simply outstanding special mentions to 'Shoes off' 'Pikey What's the score?' and the utter silence that fell as the first goal was dropping into the net.

SHORT AND CURLY

Re: Back from the game - Cardiff (A) - Wembley special.

by SHORT AND CURLY » 18 May 2011 00:50

Just back myself
Simply a fantastic night, fantastic performance, especially second half. First half we were poor but got the luck we deserved against the funny speaking lot.

A superb night, even better than the Everton game.

Support was outstanding. If anyone finds a shoe it might just be mine :D

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 18 May 2011 01:01

What can i say really. Superb and unbelievable first goal from Shane. I couldn't comprehend it when the ball crossed the line. Total pandemonium from there on in really. The support were totally behind the team tonight and this was deffo the highlight of my time supporting Reading. We stood all game with not a complaint from the stewards or other supporters who would probably have wanted to sit. Fair play all around for that. Corner, Penaltywith much confusion from us as we weren't sure if it has a freekick or not. Bloody hell we could go 2 goals up here!!. Willing the ball in and stop the game right there. Call it a day and let us have the glory.

Second half i really thought we would see Cardiff rip us apart. Two goals did not look like enough to hold on after the pressure we took in the first 15 minutes. well actually Cardiff were piss poor, pressed the panic button and looked like they were never going to get the rub of the green. We needed that third goal though. Hunt hit the post and proved an effective foil, chasing lost causes, battling for the ball and damn were the team bullish and forceful out there tonight. WE WANTED IT MORE. It was really that simple. I kept willing that clock down after 60 minutes, fearful of the breakthrough for Cardiff that was surely to come at some point.

McAnuff attempted a run on goal which was evident of the teams confidence, sadly not to be until he scored the third. The elation on the pitch and the support was massive.
I have a headache, sore throat (i'm sure i tasted blood at one point :shock: ) and top, top scenes after the game had finished. The benny hill moments of the indignant home support, the two pratts arrested and held in front of us lot, then the old bill making them turn their backs on us. :lol:

Blood, sweat but thankfully no tears tonight. Elated and very very happy.

URZZ
Hob Nob Regular

by URZZ » 18 May 2011 01:08

WTF was going on with Cardiff throwing their seats at Harte etc?!

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 18 May 2011 01:10

URZZ WTF was going on with Cardiff throwing their seats at Harte etc?!

Surely those blue happy clappy cards issued pre game to motive their team. :lol:

URZZ
Hob Nob Regular

by URZZ » 18 May 2011 01:15

royalexile
URZZ WTF was going on with Cardiff throwing their seats at Harte etc?!

Surely those blue happy clappy cards issued pre game to motive their team. :lol:

Oh that's not embarrassing. :?

Me and my old man assumed... oops.

Z175
Hob Nob Regular

by Z175 » 18 May 2011 01:22

Just back.

Incredible. Awesome. Stunning.

So much passion and desire and belief! We just all knew we were going to win! A superb effort from every player and every fan.

We were outsinging them, the team was containing them. We kicked the goal, which was was an Incredible slow motion moment. We could literally say thats going in as ww waited. Saw nothing really of the pen but no complaints.

Two nil and we were bouncing. It's nice to have every fan singing. Shoes off was ,as above, a highlight!

Howard Webb had a brilliant game. Let it flow nicely and gave us a pen!

At HT McDermott clearly not going to sit back and we were treated to end to end stuff.
Jobis celebrating went mental. What a lovely goal.
I thought federici was quick to everything tonight, one flap and one out of the box moment, but he had a lot of headers and needed to come out smartly several times in a wet night. Matt mills was terrific,another everton away, blocking everything. Mills and kish could have dealt with breaking up cardiff all night long. We looked a little vulnerable from far post headers but that's all.

Cummings got a lot of the ball and generally used it well. He was great defensively and an outlet. Mcanuff started patchy then really came into it. With his confidence high they couldn't touch him. Karacan and legs super in the middle, perfect away box to box play. Long immense, his passing was nice too. Hunt only player not to have a great game but his effort and energy were actually key at times.

Horrible shitty stadium, nasty fans, pleasant stewards, grand evening out.

Que sera sera!
Last edited by Z175 on 18 May 2011 01:38, edited 1 time in total.

NR_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by NR_Royal » 18 May 2011 01:30

Let's hope these are the kind of reactions we will get when we're back from Wembley... :wink:

double d

by double d » 18 May 2011 02:41

What a game, cant describe how happy I am. Going to be wearing my shirt with pride tomorrow. More then makes up for the fact that for the whole 1st leg in the sports bar I was in in central london, about 10 cardiff fans were giving me shit for the whole game, then celebrated at the end like they won. All i said was watch next game, no Bellemy equals nothing. They also said 'McAnuff you are shit no wonder we got rid of you'. Glad they did. What a goal. Him and Cummings MOTM, Purely because he played a game out of position and was class. Will be a great player for us!

manny96

by manny96 » 18 May 2011 02:47

First post but over the moon and feeling the effects of it all. Wembley. Crikey.

rabidbee
Hob Nob Regular

by rabidbee » 18 May 2011 02:53

The moment's pause waiting for Long's lob to hit the net was comical. I didn't understand why people were confused about the pen; Webb clearly pointed to the spot, clearly indicated a pull, and clearly booked a Cardiff player. Credit to Shane for staying so level-headed. Fantastic skills by Jobi for the third. Nice to see him so motivated too. Think Z175 is a little harsh on Hunt. This was the ideal game for him - run around a lot, chase things down, stick your foot in, break their rhythm. If a defender hadn't nicked the ball as it crossed the box, he'd have scored instead of hitting the post. The later chance was from an awkward angle, but maybe he had the time and space to do better. Still, he contributes so much to Shane's game, I don't think that's always appreciated.

I thought Mills was immense today. There was a particularly good last ditch challenge on Chopra in the first half, after he'd wriggled through and looked certain to score. Great save by Federici in the second half too. That said, Emannual-Thomas should have won the game for them, the number of chances he missed. We certainly rode our luck.

Good fun atmosphere, too, from the Reading end anyway. Good noise throughout, good humour too. I assume that Cardiff will get trouble for the fans throwing shit at Harte, as Webb stopped the game. They were chucking stuff at Bywater towards the end, too. There's respect and loyalty for you. They really are dickheads.

Top sox all season means oxf*rd all if you oxf*rd it all up in the last three weeks.

seahawk10
Hob Nob Regular
Location: One kick. A royal kick! There's more in Reading yet!

by seahawk10 » 18 May 2011 03:26

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 18 May 2011 04:14

One of those nights you remember 10/20 years from now. We really pissed on the Welsh parade. Everyone from Sky BBC Radio 5 live were desperate for a Swansea Cardiff final. Just watched the FL show Mark Bright reckoned Cardiff should have had 5 stone wall pens.
Never praised us once. While Mark Chapmon on 5 live spent half an hour talking about Dave Jones future. On the plus front Claridge has predicted a Swansea stroll in the final. From a bloke who blow his career earnings on gambling.

Libertine
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Connecticut...aka "The Fifth Ring of Hell" & Prediction League Champion 2015/2016

by Libertine » 18 May 2011 04:25

Jackson Corner One of those nights you remember 10/20 years from now. We really pissed on the Welsh parade. Everyone from Sky BBC Radio 5 live were desperate for a Swansea Cardiff final. Just watched the FL show Mark Bright reckoned Cardiff should have had 5 stone wall pens.
Never praised us once. While Mark Chapmon on 5 live spent half an hour talking about Dave Jones future. On the plus front Claridge has predicted a Swansea stroll in the final. From a bloke who blow his career earnings on gambling.

I hope the "experts" keep on hating us...it is good karma. :D

The Real Sandhurst Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by The Real Sandhurst Royal » 18 May 2011 06:50

Battered by Cardiff for the first 30 minutes with last ditch blocks and then Shane Long scores thanks to Bywater and we control game.

Adam Federici was superb last night his handling was excellent in the slippery conditions.

The chant "Take your shoes off if your 2-0 up" is a classic and one to remember.

Knackered but well worth it.

bobby m's syrup

by bobby m's syrup » 18 May 2011 07:24

T.R.O.L.I.
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 2 down, far right - Still recovering from the weekend's excesses

by T.R.O.L.I. » 18 May 2011 07:30

:lol:

Definite polarising of opinions on there - the sane ("not Webb's fault that we fcked it up for the 4th season in a row") vs the rabid ("it's all the fault of Old Bill / FA / English / God).

1871 Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by 1871 Royal » 18 May 2011 07:34

Just a massive LOL on those fix claims :lol: deLOLuded

The Real Sandhurst Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by The Real Sandhurst Royal » 18 May 2011 07:37

Who gives a f*ck what they think they are just a bunch of idiots, who were handed "happy clappers" by their club to give them something to throw onto the pitch when they were losing.

Cardiff City FC you need to look at yourselves....I hope Howard Webb's match report ensures they receive a fine for not controilling their fans and as to the two idiots on the pitch at then end did they think they would get away.

It's Reading's moment, enjoy!!!

T.R.O.L.I.
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 2 down, far right - Still recovering from the weekend's excesses

by T.R.O.L.I. » 18 May 2011 07:40

The Real Sandhurst Royal I hope Howard Webb's match report ensures they receive a fine for not controilling their fans and as to the two idiots on the pitch at then end did they think they would get away.

Don't forget that they still fall under the jurisdiction of the FAW so they'll probably get a pat on the back.

112 posts
It is currently 20 Apr 2024 16:52