Royals on the Box/Internet Thread

3140 posts
NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Royals on the Box/Internet Thread

by NewCorkSeth » 04 Aug 2017 13:49

Just opened it up for the first time. Crashed my browser...

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 04 Aug 2017 14:44

NewCorkSeth Just opened it up for the first time. Crashed my browser...

What are you using?

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 04 Aug 2017 14:44

CountryRoyal
NewCorkSeth Just opened it up for the first time. Crashed my browser...

What are you using?

Chrome.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 04 Aug 2017 14:50

Mr Controversial
Another piece of advice if I may.

If you have a smart TV that you want to stream your phone to for watching the match, you wont be able to VPN and screenlink to your TV. Screenlink uses directwifi which gets screwed up with VPNs. You will need to get yourself a phone to HDMI adapter (like this one https://www.amazon.co.uk/REALMAX-Micro- ... roid+to+tv) to get the picture from your phone on to your TV.,

This one here? I'm not using a VPN as I live in Paris so if I buy a phone to HDMI adapter I can stream it onto my TV?

Mr Controversial

by Mr Controversial » 04 Aug 2017 14:56

NewCorkSeth
Mr Controversial

If you have a smart TV that you want to stream your phone to for watching the match, you wont be able to VPN and screenlink to your TV. Screenlink uses directwifi which gets screwed up with VPNs. You will need to get yourself a phone to HDMI adapter (like this one https://www.amazon.co.uk/REALMAX-Micro- ... roid+to+tv) to get the picture from your phone on to your TV.,

This one here? I'm not using a VPN as I live in Paris so if I buy a phone to HDMI adapter I can stream it onto my TV?

If you have a smart TV like me then you can "screen mirror" your phone to your TV - this will ONLY WORK if you are not connected to the VPN as screen mirroring is done over local WIFI ( both TV and phone on same wifi network)

If your TV does not have screen mirror function or you are using the VPN then you will need a cable to connect from your phone to the HDMI input to deliver the screen mirroring. The cable I linked to does this BUT be warned the cable does also require USB power source.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 04 Aug 2017 15:01

Mr Controversial
NewCorkSeth
Mr Controversial

If you have a smart TV like me then you can "screen mirror" your phone to your TV - this will ONLY WORK if you are not connected to the VPN as screen mirroring is done over local WIFI ( both TV and phone on same wifi network)

If your TV does not have screen mirror function or you are using the VPN then you will need a cable to connect from your phone to the HDMI input to deliver the screen mirroring. The cable I linked to does this BUT be warned the cable does also require USB power source.

Ok, and please tell me if I'm being thick, but can I not just use my laptop and a regular HDMI cable to cast from my laptop to my tv?
(my tv is not a smart tv :cry: )

Mr Controversial

by Mr Controversial » 04 Aug 2017 15:03

NewCorkSeth
Mr Controversial
NewCorkSeth This one here? I'm not using a VPN as I live in Paris so if I buy a phone to HDMI adapter I can stream it onto my TV?

Ok, and please tell me if I'm being thick, but can I not just use my laptop and a regular HDMI cable to cast from my laptop to my tv?
(my tv is not a smart tv :cry: )

yes if your laptop has the ability to HDMI out and you access Ifollow on the laptop.

harry
Hob Nob Regular

by harry » 04 Aug 2017 17:30

Hoping the ifollow app will work ok at first attempt tomorrow so I can watch the game while attending wedding celebrations.

ForzaRoyals

by ForzaRoyals » 04 Aug 2017 20:32

Presumably there are fans of Millwall, Forest, Derby and Sunderland trying the same this eve? Might be worth checking their forums to see how they are getting on with ifollow via VPN?

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 04 Aug 2017 21:37

No 'illegal' streams to be found for tonight's games which doesn't bode well for those hoping not to have to pay.

ImJappy

by ImJappy » 04 Aug 2017 21:42

Jagermesiter1871 No 'illegal' streams to be found for tonight's games which doesn't bode well for those hoping not to have to pay.

Expect an M3U8 content error tomorrow on Ifollow with VPN.

urz13
Hob Nob Regular
Location: The following statement is false. The previous statement is true.

by urz13 » 05 Aug 2017 10:04

I've bought the £5 match pass for this game to see how it works and everything. I'm abroad at the moment so don't need a VPN, but will try the last 10mins or so with one to see how well it works. If all is good I'll probably sign up and use it with a VPN back in the UK, as I'm at uni so can't get to many matches. £110 is a fair chunk considering the price of a season ticket, but works out at less than £3 a game so should be worthwhile.

biff

by biff » 05 Aug 2017 11:53

urz13 I've bought the £5 match pass for this game to see how it works and everything. I'm abroad at the moment so don't need a VPN, but will try the last 10mins or so with one to see how well it works. If all is good I'll probably sign up and use it with a VPN back in the UK, as I'm at uni so can't get to many matches. £110 is a fair chunk considering the price of a season ticket, but works out at less than £3 a game so should be worthwhile.

did ya use an english debit/credit card?

hidden behind vpn and dont want to leave anything to chance!

trueroyal1871

by trueroyal1871 » 05 Aug 2017 12:42

biff
urz13 I've bought the £5 match pass for this game to see how it works and everything. I'm abroad at the moment so don't need a VPN, but will try the last 10mins or so with one to see how well it works. If all is good I'll probably sign up and use it with a VPN back in the UK, as I'm at uni so can't get to many matches. £110 is a fair chunk considering the price of a season ticket, but works out at less than £3 a game so should be worthwhile.

did ya use an english debit/credit card?

hidden behind vpn and dont want to leave anything to chance!

This will work fine, I did it with my UK debit card and the UK address that card is registered to. Nothing showing up on ifollow yet with regards to watching the match but that might be because kick off isn't for another couple of hours.

LightwaterRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by LightwaterRoyal » 05 Aug 2017 13:06

It's telling me to go to the Match Centre to buy the day pass, but I cant seem to find that option. Any help appreciated

LightwaterRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by LightwaterRoyal » 05 Aug 2017 13:14

I managed to figure it out guys but thanks anyway. I'm going to test out and see if I can record it as well.

Emmer Green Royal

by Emmer Green Royal » 05 Aug 2017 13:49

Is ifollow working? I can't login and it hasn't sent password reset email.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 05 Aug 2017 13:52

Does a video just pop up when the match starts?

LightwaterRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by LightwaterRoyal » 05 Aug 2017 13:53

I bought the day pass but i cant seem to find the page where they'll be streaming the game.

LightwaterRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by LightwaterRoyal » 05 Aug 2017 13:54

Also found a VPN that's free, has no usage limit and works flawlessly.

Its called Psiphon

3140 posts