Re: Royals on the Box/Internet Thread

by Hound » 11 Jan 2018 17:59

Brum Royal Wolves away
3rd March
Now on Sky at 1730

That’s going to be fun :(

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

by Kitsondinho » 11 Jan 2018 19:39

Brum Royal Wolves away
3rd March
Now on Sky at 1730

Yay I get to watch us get throttled in glorious HD :roll:

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 11 Jan 2018 20:22

Leeds on 4 times in 3 weeks

Some things never change :roll:

SpaghettiHoop

by SpaghettiHoop » 11 Jan 2018 20:25

Brum Royal Wolves away
3rd March
Now on Sky at 1730

The day Wolves achieve promotion!

double d

by double d » 11 Jan 2018 20:41

Hound Leeds on 4 times in 3 weeks

Some things never change :roll:

Sure they have been on tv about 12 times already

Tilehurstsouthbank
Hob Nob Regular

by Tilehurstsouthbank » 12 Jan 2018 10:49

SpaghettiHoop
Brum Royal Wolves away
3rd March
Now on Sky at 1730

The day Wolves achieve promotion!

And our record will be safe by then....hopefully! :shock:

PistolPete
Hob Nob Regular

by PistolPete » 27 Feb 2018 14:52

Any way of watching this on the Internet tonight?

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 27 Feb 2018 15:00

Reading Leeds perhaps surprisingly hasn't been picked up by foreign broadcasters as the Saturday 3pm game so will be available to ifollow subscribers as per normal.

RG7Fan

by RG7Fan » 27 Feb 2018 20:08

Anyone got a feed for tonight's game against Sheffield?

LightwaterRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by LightwaterRoyal » 10 Mar 2018 15:58

https://youtu.be/NA97pomYhmI

Stream for Reading VS Leeds

PistolPete
Hob Nob Regular

by PistolPete » 30 Mar 2018 16:03

Any stream for tonight’s game?

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 30 Mar 2018 16:39

PistolPete Any stream for tonight’s game?

From a quick look at the Ifollow fixture list Reading don't have another game this season being televised in Europe so there should be streams for all the remaining games.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 06 May 2018 12:47

Excellent stream if you don't have access to Sky.

http://www.dubs.top/dubs-iwidget-76/

Rawlie19
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Rawlie19 » 14 Jul 2018 05:42

I've just been into iFollow to see what my options are for next season. Last season I paid for the full package, but didn't really use the 'watch live HD' option for a few reasons:
1. The evening games are too late for me (00:45 BST or 01:45 GMT)
2. Reading were crap... Certainly didn't want to waste my time getting up at silly O'Clock for that shower of...
3. I like listening to the BBC Berkshire commentary (I know, a lot of you don't – I do) and not having the option to do this AND watch the game was annoying.

I'm sure last year there were 3 options:
1. Free, which only included behind the scenes news from time-to-time and the weekly club newsletter (what the hell was this?)
2. Basic cheaper option which included the commentary, video highlights of matches (and possibly the replay of the match later?)
3. The full rip-off option which included live HD match, commentary (but NOT together), replay's, highlights etc.
There was a fourth option of paying £5 (£5-£9??) for a single match.

Now they seem to have knocked off the 2nd option meaning you either pay £110 for the season (and all I want is to listen to the commentary) or go for free and get basically nothing.

Anyone confirm this? Seen anything from the club about it?

Rawlie19
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Rawlie19 » 14 Jul 2018 05:50

Rawlie19 I've just been into iFollow to see what my options are for next season. Last season I paid for the full package, but didn't really use the 'watch live HD' option for a few reasons:
2. Reading were crap... Certainly didn't want to waste my time getting up at silly O'Clock for that shower of...
3. I like listening to the BBC Berkshire commentary (I know, a lot of you don't – I do) and not having the option to do this AND watch the game was annoying.

1. Free, which only included behind the scenes news from time-to-time and the weekly club newsletter (what the hell was this?)
2. Basic cheaper option which included the commentary, video highlights of matches (and possibly the replay of the match later?)
3. The full rip-off option which included live HD match, commentary (but NOT together), replay's, highlights etc.

Now they seem to have knocked off the 2nd option meaning you either pay £110 for the season (and all I want is to listen to the commentary) or go for free and get basically nothing.

Okay, I logged in again with a VPN showing I was now in the UK and see that there are the options of £45 for the year giving everything but the watch live option, or £4.99 monthly which gives exactly the same as the yearly option, but at a saving of 10p ?? I'll go with that one then and maybe miss a month if we're going down. Haha!

10539.4 Miles Away
Hob Nob Regular

by 10539.4 Miles Away » 14 Jul 2018 14:33

Rawlie19
Rawlie19 I've just been into iFollow to see what my options are for next season. Last season I paid for the full package, but didn't really use the 'watch live HD' option for a few reasons:

Okay, I logged in again with a VPN showing I was now in the UK and see that there are the options of £45 for the year giving everything but the watch live option, or £4.99 monthly which gives exactly the same as the yearly option, but at a saving of 10p ?? I'll go with that one then and maybe miss a month if we're going down. Haha!

I went for the full rip off last year, definitely won't be this year. Watching a game without commentary is utterly pointless so I'll be taking the middle tier this year and happy to listen to Tim and mick.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 16 Jul 2018 09:38

10539.4 Miles Away
Rawlie19

I went for the full rip off last year, definitely won't be this year. Watching a game without commentary is utterly pointless so I'll be taking the middle tier this year and happy to listen to Tim and mick.

I'm clearly in the minority here but I enjoyed the fact that there was no commentary and just crowd noise, was slightly annoying when it didn't sync up but otherwise was great.

10539.4 Miles Away
Hob Nob Regular

by 10539.4 Miles Away » 16 Jul 2018 09:57

Stranded
10539.4 Miles Away
Rawlie19 Okay, I logged in again with a VPN showing I was now in the UK and see that there are the options of £45 for the year giving everything but the watch live option, or £4.99 monthly which gives exactly the same as the yearly option, but at a saving of 10p ?? I'll go with that one then and maybe miss a month if we're going down. Haha!

I'm clearly in the minority here but I enjoyed the fact that there was no commentary and just crowd noise, was slightly annoying when it didn't sync up but otherwise was great.

No, I get that completely but its 10/11pm here for a Saturday 3pm kickoff, I just found it tiresome sitting and watching a game and not take my eyes off it, which, effectively you have to do without commentary, although that may have been due to the quality of the product on display (lol!). When pushed for why they don't allow audio and visual at once, they claim that its the clubs choice I'd say that's bollocks and suggest its purely so they can stop 2 people sharing the account.

78royal

by 78royal » 16 Jul 2018 10:02

I went with the full options last season but will pay match by match this season, just to save money more than anything else.

Rawlie19
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Rawlie19 » 16 Jul 2018 12:21

Stranded
10539.4 Miles Away
Rawlie19 Okay, I logged in again with a VPN showing I was now in the UK and see that there are the options of £45 for the year giving everything but the watch live option, or £4.99 monthly which gives exactly the same as the yearly option, but at a saving of 10p ?? I'll go with that one then and maybe miss a month if we're going down. Haha!

I get that totally. You want to go with the match day experience, and unless you're plugged into a radio while sat in the stadium, this is exactly what you get. I just don't think it would be too much to ask for them to have the option in the audio setting of a) Commentary, b) Ambient. If you look under audio, there is (I think this is right) Off, Home, Away... But all three were exactly the same.

If I was at the game, I wouldn't mind not hearing the commentary as there were usually people around me, we were having a chat, you can kind of get what's going on by the reactions close to you etc. But watching it on a computer screen with just some crowd noise was very difficult to concentrate on. Or as 10539.4 Miles Away put it, maybe that was because of the quality of the product on display.

I'm not holding out much hope for a better season as things are looking so far. IMO there's a lot of quality in the Championship this year and it looks one of the toughest seasons to get out... We may achieve getting out of the Championship, but it won't be 'up', I'm sure. I hope I'm proven wrong, but I'll turn on my VPN in August and pay the £45 for radio commentary (although I do think this is a high price also).

3140 posts