Royals on the Box/Internet Thread

3140 posts
finchroyal

Re: Royals on the Box/Internet Thread

by finchroyal » 21 Aug 2018 07:51

Rawlie19
78royal I paid to watch the Bolton game in iFollow. Couldn't hear the commentary either until I switched to headphones. Needs improving

I had headphones on, could barely hear Tim, and Mick was better but still too quiet. Last season they seemed to have the options there to choose between home, away and off although they were all the same crowd noise. They need to have the option for ambient or commentary, not both together. You can hear the crowd noise through the commentary, don't need in there twice!

must be canned fans noise, reading one of the quietest sets of fans in the league

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 21 Aug 2018 14:11

Anyone know of any pubs in town that will be showing the game tomorrow?

Rawlie19
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Rawlie19 » 21 Aug 2018 15:05

Rawlie19
78royal I paid to watch the Bolton game in iFollow. Couldn't hear the commentary either until I switched to headphones. Needs improving

I had headphones on, could barely hear Tim, and Mick was better but still too quiet. Last season they seemed to have the options there to choose between home, away and off although they were all the same crowd noise. They need to have the option for ambient or commentary, not both together. You can hear the crowd noise through the commentary, don't need in there twice!

Have spoken to someone on the live chat on the iFollow page and they are aware of the problem and hope to fix it soon.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 21 Aug 2018 15:48

Is Championship Football still shown on Channel 5? - I've so far been unable to find it

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 21 Aug 2018 15:55

It's on Quest, whatever that is

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 21 Aug 2018 16:26

Silver Fox It's on Quest, whatever that is

Thought it was on Sky Sports red button.....

KentRoyal

by KentRoyal » 21 Aug 2018 16:33

Ascotexgunner
Silver Fox It's on Quest, whatever that is

Thought it was on Sky Sports red button.....

He meant highlights

scumbag

by scumbag » 21 Aug 2018 19:13

Is the game on ifollow for free for domestic users tomorrow?

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 22 Aug 2018 03:34

I think you pay a tenner. Which begs the question why would you pay 20 quid to watch it live when you can pay a tenner to watch it in your front room?

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 22 Aug 2018 08:27

Jackson Corner I think you pay a tenner. Which begs the question why would you pay 20 quid to watch it live when you can pay a tenner to watch it in your front room?

No it oxf*rd doesn’t.

And people wonder why our support is so shite.

KentRoyal

by KentRoyal » 22 Aug 2018 08:31

scumbag Is the game on ifollow for free for domestic users tomorrow?

No £10

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 22 Aug 2018 10:57

If you have Sky, every midweek championship game shown live on Sky Football channel via red button , like tonight's Blackburn game

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 22 Aug 2018 11:08

CountryRoyal
Jackson Corner I think you pay a tenner. Which begs the question why would you pay 20 quid to watch it live when you can pay a tenner to watch it in your front room?

No it oxf*rd doesn’t.

Haha

"Why would someone want to have a day/evening out with their friends, maybe have a few drinks and then go to a football stadium where you can cheer along with thousands of fellow fans when you can watch back in your bedsit on a small laptop?"

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 22 Aug 2018 13:18

Elm Park Kid
CountryRoyal

No it oxf*rd doesn’t.

Haha

"Why would someone want to have a day/evening out with their friends, maybe have a few drinks and then go to a football stadium where you can cheer along with thousands of fellow fans when you can watch back in your bedsit on a small laptop?"

Going to Blackburn away isn't going to be a 20 quid night out though is it, so paying a tenner or watching on Sky is going to be the best option for many on a school night. 8 hour round trip or sit on the sofa?

biff

by biff » 22 Aug 2018 15:04

reddit soccerstreams had a 520p stream for each of the red button games last night. Maybe wait and see what the snidey offerings are before giving ifollow any more hard-earned.

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 22 Aug 2018 15:05

Elm Park Kid
CountryRoyal

No it oxf*rd doesn’t.

Haha

It's actually on Sky via the red button. Tonight I've got 3 mates coming round £2.50 each beers from Lidles £10 Thinking ahead to the depths of winter even though I'm a season ticket holder I will stay at home. I noticed lots of empty seats at Derby and QPR last night, Coincidence?

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 22 Aug 2018 15:34

if watching through sky go on a laptop can you still red button :?:

Edit it would appear this is a no, according to the sky forums ffs
Last edited by WoodleyRoyal on 22 Aug 2018 15:46, edited 1 time in total.

super darren caskey
Hob Nob Regular

by super darren caskey » 22 Aug 2018 15:42

Does the ifollow streams have Tim and Mick commentary or is it their own commentators

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 22 Aug 2018 16:28

Gunny Fishcake If you have Sky, every midweek championship game shown live on Sky Football channel via red button , like tonight's Blackburn game

Crikey, just read all midweek games till the end of the season are shown live in a 660mill Sky deal. Hope we get some of that dosh!!!!!!

ronnyroyal

by ronnyroyal » 22 Aug 2018 17:04

From the Website, makes it easier, for me at least, to understand.

Our visit to Blackburn Rovers this evening will be streamed live on iFollow Royals on readingfc.co.uk – the first time we have ever streamed a Sky Bet Championship fixture live through our website to supporters in the UK and Ireland!

Throughout the season, several of our midweek fixtures will be available to watch through iFollow – and it is the ONLY place where you’ll be able to get a full, TV-style production of our games.

Supporters with a Sky Sports subscription will also be able to see the game via the red button tonight – but it’ll be a single camera feed, without the full game-day experience which iFollow will offer.

Here are some of the key features that set iFollow apart and will make it worth your while…

4-camera production of the action from Ewood Park
Replays of all the key incidents
Scoreboard, timer and graphics
Commentary overlaid
Watch on your phone – search for ‘Reading Official App’ on iPhone or Android
A Match Pass is £10 for fans based in the UK and Ireland – and it’s a great way to get behind Paul Clement and the team as we aim to put our first three points on the board.

3140 posts