Royals on the Box/Internet Thread

3140 posts
Emmer Green Royal

Re: Royals on the Box/Internet Thread

by Emmer Green Royal » 26 Aug 2017 15:27

iFollow audio feed came back after a few minutes, during which they played music and said "We'll be right back". Which was wrong. Gunter is right back.

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 26 Aug 2017 15:29

Well that was good while it lasted. It seems like the BBC has just realised that it hadn't blocked the iPlayer transmission of our games. Got to half time and now lost the programme, it is back to the old thing where they have a loop telling you that this programme is not available for licensing or other reasons.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 26 Aug 2017 15:32

It's baffling to me how the BBC can do commentary coverage for all games, but their commentary isn't available on their own website because it's being broadcast through a niche private third party paywall instead.

Emmer Green Royal

by Emmer Green Royal » 26 Aug 2017 16:18

Video feed is stop/start during the second half - difficult to coordinate with the audio feed.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Mike Hunt
Hob Nob Regular

by Mike Hunt » 28 Aug 2017 02:31

where were Tim and mick on Saturday? I missed Tim's dulcet tones

Brum Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Brum Royal » 31 Aug 2017 11:55

Sky decide not to show us in the latest round of games picked for TV, dates now up to mid November.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 31 Aug 2017 13:12

Brum Royal Sky decide not to show us in the latest round of games picked for TV, dates now up to mid November.

I know its quite nice that games don't get moved but I cant help but think that our low profile (almost invisible on some channels - I think Channel 5 eventually recognised that we existed when we were in the playoffs) does us no favours when trying to attract players to the club

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 31 Aug 2017 14:00

bcubed
Brum Royal Sky decide not to show us in the latest round of games picked for TV, dates now up to mid November.

I know its quite nice that games don't get moved but I cant help but think that our low profile (almost invisible on some channels - I think Channel 5 eventually recognised that we existed when we were in the playoffs) does us no favours when trying to attract players to the club

From what I've heard and seen is that we are highly thought of within the player's circle. We do have a history of treating our players well and being a welcoming club for a player. I'm sure you would struggle to find many players saying bad things about us.

It could also have the opposite effect. Take somebody like Bacuna/Mannone who struggled for their past clubs who you could consider 'big' so a step away from the spotlight to find their form could do no harm.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 31 Aug 2017 14:26

plenty of Leeds and Villa though I hope

bit annoying, only game we have on until the end of November is a home game that I would have gone to anyway, and would rather have been at 3pm

Quite happy for us to be on for any away game

Brum Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Brum Royal » 31 Aug 2017 15:59

Hound

plenty of Leeds and Villa though I hope

bit annoying, only game we have on until the end of November is a home game that I would have gone to anyway, and would rather have been at 3pm

Quite happy for us to be on for any away game

In the six weeks worth of games announced (Sat 7th Oct to Sun 19th Nov) - 14 matches
Aston Villa - 3
Leeds - 3
Birmingham - 3
Cardiff - 2
Middlesborough - 2
Forest - 2
Wolves - 1
Derby - 1
Millwall - 1
Ipswich - 1
Norwich - 1
Sheff Utd - 1
Hull - 1
Bristol City - 1
Brentford - 1
Sunderland - 1
PNE - 1
Bolton - 1
Fulham - 1

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 31 Aug 2017 16:04

Barnsley, Burton, Sheff Wed :o and Reading (and the other team I cant be bothered to work out) all not good enough for Sky then

And the 'arry love-in continues. Or are Brum playing Leeds, Villa and 'boro?

Brum Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Brum Royal » 31 Aug 2017 16:16

Sutekh Barnsley, Burton, Sheff Wed :o and Reading (and the other team I cant be bothered to work out) all not good enough for Sky then

QPR is the missing team

Birmingham v Villa is one, Birmingham v Cardiff another and I forget the third

The Good Dai Yongge

by The Good Dai Yongge » 09 Sep 2017 15:12

Mike Hunt where were Tim and mick on Saturday? I missed Tim's dulcet tones

Sadly, Tim's father Ralph Dellor - well-known radio voice since 1970 and doyen of Berkshire cricket - died aged just 69 after a short illness, which explains Tim's absence.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 11 Sep 2017 14:19

Reading V Swansea being broadcast by DAZN here in Germany next week, so should be plenty of feeds around.

In other news, BBC announce that they will stream a number of Women's Super League games - Reading v Birmingham (8/9) and V Chelsea (12/11) will be available via the Red Button and the BBC website.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 11 Sep 2017 14:21

Sutekh Barnsley, Burton, Sheff Wed :o and Reading (and the other team I cant be bothered to work out) all not good enough for Sky then

This is so true. And pathetic.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 12 Sep 2017 10:03

think this is good news, though not let out a lot of detail yet. At least its not bloody BT:

Sky will be able to stream midweek Championship matches after agreeing a new five-year rights deal worth £600m with the English Football League.

All EFL clubs will be able to stream midweek league games via their websites if Sky are not broadcasting it live.

The contract will run from 2019-2024, with the value of the rights increasing by 36% from the present agreement.

Sky will also continue to broadcast the Carabao Cup, Checkatrade Trophy and play-offs until May 2024.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 12 Sep 2017 10:11

Actually read a bit more into the above. Looks like every midweek game we play we now be viewable on Sky Interactive - from next season at least.

which is pretty good for me really, esp as I don't get the chance to go to many away games. And with us having such a huge selection of trips up north to deal with

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 12 Sep 2017 10:23

Hound Actually read a bit more into the above. Looks like every midweek game we play we now be viewable on Sky Interactive - from next season at least.

which is pretty good for me really, esp as I don't get the chance to go to many away games. And with us having such a huge selection of trips up north to deal with

Good move for UK fans - fingers crossed we won't be part of it.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 12 Sep 2017 10:30

I do worry a bit about the effect on the home midweek games as the atmosphere isn't the best even now. But delighted to be getting the chance to watch the away games

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 12 Sep 2017 10:58

Hound think this is good news, though not let out a lot of detail yet. At least its not bloody BT:

Sky will be able to stream midweek Championship matches after agreeing a new five-year rights deal worth £600m with the English Football League.

All EFL clubs will be able to stream midweek league games via their websites if Sky are not broadcasting it live.

The contract will run from 2019-2024, with the value of the rights increasing by 36% from the present agreement.

Sky will also continue to broadcast the Carabao Cup, Checkatrade Trophy and play-offs until May 2024.

That's brilliant. And sensible I think. If they're going to show goals as they go in on Sky Sports News then they might as well show the whole game.

Imagine if we don't have a game, being able to watch the likes of Yeovil v Morecambe in the comfort of your living room in nothing but your boxers, with a tin of lager!

3140 posts