Royals on the Box/Internet Thread

3140 posts
Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Royals on the Box/Internet Thread

by Silver Fox » 12 Sep 2017 11:14

Hound I do worry a bit about the effect on the home midweek games as the atmosphere isn't the best even now. But delighted to be getting the chance to watch the away games

I don't know if the technology exists but they could implement a local blackout rule as the NFL does, where games are unavailable within a certain area if they're not sold out.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 12 Sep 2017 11:24

Silver Fox
Hound I do worry a bit about the effect on the home midweek games as the atmosphere isn't the best even now. But delighted to be getting the chance to watch the away games

I don't know if the technology exists but they could implement a local blackout rule as the NFL does, where games are unavailable within a certain area if they're not sold out.

well they could, but sure they won't. Must have been accepted there will be some hit to attendance size

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 12 Sep 2017 11:27

The other question with this is how does it work in European weeks? IIRC you're not allowed to show anything live if there's Champions League games on. Does that only count if it's on a main channel?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 12 Sep 2017 11:35

yeah seems that have got round that. Guessing by it being streamed rather than tv broadcast or something similar

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 12 Sep 2017 12:42

Silver Fox

I would imagine the number of people living locally to a lot of clubs in the Football League who would normally go midweek who suddenly won't due to this service is probably quite small.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 12 Sep 2017 12:43

Hound think this is good news, though not let out a lot of detail yet. At least its not bloody BT:

Sky will be able to stream midweek Championship matches after agreeing a new five-year rights deal worth £600m with the English Football League.

All EFL clubs will be able to stream midweek league games via their websites if Sky are not broadcasting it live.

The contract will run from 2019-2024, with the value of the rights increasing by 36% from the present agreement.

Sky will also continue to broadcast the Carabao Cup, Checkatrade Trophy and play-offs until May 2024.

BT are a much better sport provider than Sky.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 12 Sep 2017 12:59

Jagermesiter1871
Hound think this is good news, though not let out a lot of detail yet. At least its not bloody BT:

Sky will be able to stream midweek Championship matches after agreeing a new five-year rights deal worth £600m with the English Football League.

All EFL clubs will be able to stream midweek league games via their websites if Sky are not broadcasting it live.

The contract will run from 2019-2024, with the value of the rights increasing by 36% from the present agreement.

Sky will also continue to broadcast the Carabao Cup, Checkatrade Trophy and play-offs until May 2024.

can't really comment on that as don't have BT. But really didn't want to take out two subscriptions and there is too much I like on Sky to lose it

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 12 Sep 2017 13:14

Hound
Jagermesiter1871

can't really comment on that as don't have BT. But really didn't want to take out two subscriptions and there is too much I like on Sky to lose it

:-( only have BT.

Royal Tezza

by Royal Tezza » 16 Sep 2017 14:23

I'm in Malaysia ATM I'm a bit out of touch about what's available to watch abroad, can I watch the game today via this ifollow thing or is there more streams available these days???

The Good Dai Yongge

by The Good Dai Yongge » 16 Sep 2017 14:44

Any other UK-based fans who live outside the Reading area listening on iFollow? I finally got it working after they sent me a temporary password, after they failed to transfer my subscription (which actually runs out tomorrow). The commentary though is not Tim and Mick and Ady but a pair of Brentford-ites. I'm not forking out £40+ if the away games are going to be like this.

loyalroyaldaz

by loyalroyaldaz » 16 Sep 2017 15:56

Has anyone actually got iFollow to work on an Android Box?

Fine on ipad but cant mirror that to a tv.
Have the app on an android box and can sign in etc fine but it just wont playback video or stream.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 16 Sep 2017 20:50

Couldn't get it to work in Opera on Linux so not sure if they could be the same issue with an Android box - flash player support maybe?

Mike Hunt
Hob Nob Regular

by Mike Hunt » 18 Sep 2017 00:09

Stranded
Hound Actually read a bit more into the above. Looks like every midweek game we play we now be viewable on Sky Interactive - from next season at least.

which is pretty good for me really, esp as I don't get the chance to go to many away games. And with us having such a huge selection of trips up north to deal with

Good move for UK fans - fingers crossed we won't be part of it.

Does this mean they wont be on ifollow?

If not - that is a big hit to that service :(

78royal

by 78royal » 18 Sep 2017 03:50

loyalroyaldaz Has anyone actually got iFollow to work on an Android Box?

Fine on ipad but cant mirror that to a tv.
Have the app on an android box and can sign in etc fine but it just wont playback video or stream.

I can't get it working in my android box, says I need a subscription. Works fine in my android phone (most of the time).

ifollow support told me I can only sign in to one device at a time, but that's not it, still doesn't work.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 18 Sep 2017 07:58

Mike Hunt
Stranded
Hound Actually read a bit more into the above. Looks like every midweek game we play we now be viewable on Sky Interactive - from next season at least.

which is pretty good for me really, esp as I don't get the chance to go to many away games. And with us having such a huge selection of trips up north to deal with

Good move for UK fans - fingers crossed we won't be part of it.

Does this mean they wont be on ifollow?

If not - that is a big hit to that service :(

Wouldn't have thought so - games aren't available in the UK currently - this will be a separate deal for the UK only. iFollow shouldn't be affected.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 18 Sep 2017 12:41

Anyone know if Swansea game will be shown?

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 18 Sep 2017 12:48

bcubed Anyone know if Swansea game will be shown?

Was discussed around the Millwall game but the Carabao Cup is not covered. As mentioned elsewhere, the game is one of 3 available on DAZN here in Germany tomorrow night, so there should be plenty of streams around.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 18 Sep 2017 12:52

Stranded
bcubed Anyone know if Swansea game will be shown?

Was discussed around the Millwall game but the Carabao Cup is not covered. As mentioned elsewhere, the game is one of 3 available on DAZN here in Germany tomorrow night, so there should be plenty of streams around.

ta
it was a stream I was looking for

insert running water gif here

ImJappy

by ImJappy » 18 Sep 2017 21:43

Our game tomorrow against Swansea is due to be broadcasted on various TV channels across the globe, so there is a very good chance of a stream,
a list of all the TV channels broadcasting it are here http://www.livesoccertv.com/match/25713 ... nsea-city/

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 19 Sep 2017 09:43

NowTV - They are offering 1 month free trial of sky sports, plus trials of movies, entertainment etc.
When Reading are next on the skysports, you could sign up for the free trial and watch it on your PC or possibly games console/tablet

As a bonus, they are from time to time giving out free roku streaming boxes to stream nowtv onto - I got one from a promotions tent thing at Legoland a while back, retail price £50.

For existing sky tv customers - they didn't seem that bothered when my account already existed, they just told me to use a different e-mail address of put +1 before the @ sign.

3140 posts