Royals on the Box/Internet Thread

2305 posts
User avatar
1871 Royal
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 5111
Joined: 24 Jan 2006 17:37
Location: Coming to a village cricket ground near you.

Re: West Ham live on telly

by 1871 Royal » 09 Dec 2011 13:17

http://www.wiziwig.tv/

Usually have all your sporting needs. :D

User avatar
Stuka
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Posts: 11102
Joined: 15 Nov 2006 18:09
Location: North London

Re: West Ham live on telly

by Stuka » 09 Dec 2011 14:37

I've watched a few Premier League games on Al Jazeera at my local- have you noticed the English commentators and pundits are the same as on domestic telly? They must just change the backgrounds and indents. Quite clever really.

User avatar
Mike Hunt
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 3016
Joined: 01 Jul 2008 08:24
Location: Blue and White

Re: West Ham live on telly

by Mike Hunt » 09 Dec 2011 14:40

Barry the bird boggler wrote:Anyone know a good "free" internet site showing the game live?


vipbox.tv is pretty sound

User avatar
LWJ
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Posts: 12093
Joined: 10 Aug 2007 09:59
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012

Re: West Ham live on telly

by LWJ » 09 Dec 2011 15:18

Like MH said this is by far the best site; http://www.vipbox.tv/

User avatar
Compo's Hat
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 7340
Joined: 22 May 2004 23:49
Location: Two time HNA Deadpool winner

Re: West Ham live on telly

by Compo's Hat » 10 Dec 2011 04:37

Stuka wrote:I've watched a few Premier League games on Al Jazeera at my local- have you noticed the English commentators and pundits are the same as on domestic telly? They must just change the backgrounds and indents. Quite clever really.


They're not exactly the same. It's the Premier League's own broadcast that goes around the world. The commentators you'll hear will all be familiar to us but they won't be the same as the Sky or ESPN commentators on live games that day but will use the same cameras.


mikey0406
Member
Posts: 335
Joined: 05 Dec 2005 18:00

Re: West Ham live on telly

by mikey0406 » 10 Dec 2011 10:47

any pubs anyone know of showing the game??

User avatar
Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Posts: 13448
Joined: 06 Jul 2004 08:39
Location: enjoying the money

Re: West Ham live on telly

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 10 Dec 2011 11:46

mikey0406 wrote:any pubs anyone know of showing the game??


Bring back the old days at The Warwick on Kings Rd.

User avatar
strap
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 3104
Joined: 15 Apr 2004 09:06
Location: Gainsford End

Re: West Ham live on telly

by strap » 10 Dec 2011 12:49

If you can't get to the telly for whatever reason, ours is the live commentary on 5 Live Sports Extra on t'internet

User avatar
RobRoyal
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 4900
Joined: 26 Apr 2004 16:11
Location: Surely you're joking?

Re: Royals on the Box Thread

by RobRoyal » 10 Dec 2011 15:28



URZZ
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 1572
Joined: 28 Mar 2006 21:52

Re: Royals on the Box Thread

by URZZ » 10 Dec 2011 15:32



EFFING LEGEND.

specialjon
Member
Posts: 496
Joined: 18 May 2008 13:10

Re: Royals on the Box Thread

by specialjon » 10 Dec 2011 15:33



sweet.....

User avatar
The Rouge
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Posts: 13658
Joined: 14 Apr 2004 16:51
Location: Giving it the Double Djokovic

Re: Royals on the Box Thread

by The Rouge » 10 Dec 2011 15:36

brilliant. watching it!

URZZ
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 1572
Joined: 28 Mar 2006 21:52

Re: Royals on the Box Thread

by URZZ » 10 Dec 2011 15:37

ALOL at our lot singing, "we want 6"


User avatar
Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Posts: 13448
Joined: 06 Jul 2004 08:39
Location: enjoying the money

Re: Royals on the Box Thread

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 10 Dec 2011 16:01

Tf i did not pay to watch this.

User avatar
Ian Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Posts: 45504
Joined: 15 Apr 2004 13:43
Location: Playing spot the pc*nt on HNA?

Re: Royals on the Box Thread

by Ian Royal » 10 Dec 2011 17:39

Well done, peops, was one of the best streams I've seen. would have prefered to miss the first half, but top second.

secks
Member
Posts: 257
Joined: 05 Jul 2008 07:51
Location: Hackney Wick

Re: Royals on the Box Thread

by secks » 10 Dec 2011 17:40

Ian Royal wrote:Well done, peops, was one of the best streams I've seen. would have prefered to miss the first half, but top second.


Looks like I did the right thing missing the first half! URZ!

KC Royal
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 1414
Joined: 18 Sep 2004 15:36
Location: Kent

Re: West Ham live on telly

by KC Royal » 10 Dec 2011 17:48

1871 Royal wrote:http://www.wiziwig.tv/

Usually have all your sporting needs. :D


Thanks for this. Only saw the last half hour or so (just in time to see the first Hammers red card) but without doubt the best period of the match!

One of the best streams i've seen too, if not the best. And i've bookmarked that site to use again

:D

User avatar
BenReadingFC
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 2752
Joined: 06 Dec 2005 22:46
Location: If not at the footie or pub, somewhere high

Re: Royals on the Box Thread

by BenReadingFC » 10 Dec 2011 19:49

Todays game is being replayed NOW on this channel for those that want to view
sop://broker.sopcast.com:3912/122909
You will require sopcast to view
http://download.cnet.com/SopCast/3000-13632_4-10601520.html

User avatar
1871 Royal
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 5111
Joined: 24 Jan 2006 17:37
Location: Coming to a village cricket ground near you.

Re: West Ham live on telly

by 1871 Royal » 11 Dec 2011 03:13

KC Royal wrote:
1871 Royal wrote:http://www.wiziwig.tv/

Usually have all your sporting needs. :D


Thanks for this. Only saw the last half hour or so (just in time to see the first Hammers red card) but without doubt the best period of the match!

One of the best streams i've seen too, if not the best. And i've bookmarked that site to use again

:D


Always use that site to watch NFL or NHL and is always pretty reliable.

User avatar
Stuka
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Posts: 11102
Joined: 15 Nov 2006 18:09
Location: North London

Re: West Ham live on telly

by Stuka » 11 Dec 2011 11:56

Compo's Hat wrote:
Stuka wrote:I've watched a few Premier League games on Al Jazeera at my local- have you noticed the English commentators and pundits are the same as on domestic telly? They must just change the backgrounds and indents. Quite clever really.


They're not exactly the same. It's the Premier League's own broadcast that goes around the world. The commentators you'll hear will all be familiar to us but they won't be the same as the Sky or ESPN commentators on live games that day but will use the same cameras.


Ahh thanks, was trying to work out how they did it. Premier League syndicated broadcast- makes sense now.

2305 posts

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Royal_jimmy and 84 guests

It is currently 13 Dec 2018 08:48