ATMOSPHERE-More songs

122 posts
floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

Re: ATMOSPHERE-More songs

by floyd__streete » 16 Oct 2012 17:13

In a way, I quite like the fact that we have a rather feeble fanbase. Because the very fact that with such timid, tiny support we still find ourselves in the Premier League is a massive murking for the likes of Leeds United, Sheffield Wednesday, Wolves etc. who must think they deserve a place amongst the elite with the respective sizes of their fanbases.

frimmers3
Hob Nob Addict

by frimmers3 » 16 Oct 2012 19:20

feed the goat..he will score.

Turnball ACs

by Turnball ACs » 16 Oct 2012 20:22

grey_squirrel .
Divvy
Turnball ACs Take me homeTo the Tilehurst Road
To the place
Where I belong
To the South Bank
To see the Reading
Take me home
Tilehurst Road

Love it.

Oh I see now- silly me - this thread is developing into the biggest p:ss-take ever on HNA. Nice one

I miss the South Bank. Don't you?

Turnball ACs

by Turnball ACs » 16 Oct 2012 20:24

Drink, drink, wherevere you may be
We are the drunken disorderly
And we don't give a sh*t and we don't give a f*ck
We came home with the Simod Cup

Turnball ACs

by Turnball ACs » 16 Oct 2012 20:25

We are the travelling, the travelling South Bank
Clap clap clap clap

Turnball ACs

by Turnball ACs » 16 Oct 2012 20:26

We're Reading, we're Reading
We shop at Reading bedd....we'll kick your effing head in

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 16 Oct 2012 21:03

Turnball ACs
grey_squirrel
Oh I see now- silly me - this thread is developing into the biggest p:ss-take ever on HNA. Nice one

I miss the South Bank. Don't you?

Don't try and glorify something that wasn't. I loved the South Bank, but the atmosphere was more often than not shit!

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 17 Oct 2012 10:48

We should try letting off 24,000 flares simultaneously and see the reaction of the players then.

Compo's Hat
Hob Nob Regular

by Compo's Hat » 17 Oct 2012 12:37

LoyalRoyalFan We should try letting off 24,000 flares simultaneously and see the reaction of the players then.

I doubt you would be able to see them with all the smoke!

oldebiscuit

by oldebiscuit » 17 Oct 2012 21:26

SPARTA
grey_squirrel .
Turnball ACs Take me homeTo the Tilehurst Road
To the place
Where I belong
To the South Bank
To see the Reading
Take me home
Tilehurst Road

:lol:

Fan comes up with what could be a decent song and muppets like you come along and ridicule. Well done you. I assume you're vocal at football and enjoy singing along? If you do, you'll agree we lack in songs/chants and should welcome new ideas, not berate them.

You just mentioned Muppets, well, how about we all sing the Muppet Tune when the away team line up is announced?

oldebiscuit

by oldebiscuit » 17 Oct 2012 21:43

floyd__streete In a way, I quite like the fact that we have a rather feeble fanbase. Because the very fact that with such timid, tiny support we still find ourselves in the Premier League is a massive murking for the likes of Leeds United, Sheffield Wednesday, Wolves etc. who must think they deserve a place amongst the elite with the respective sizes of their fanbases.

Reading will never be noisy or imaginative unless a character emerges. A character who's life is totally dependant on football and the status of being that character. Chelsea used to have Greenaway, Portsmouth have Westwood, and various other clubs have their vocal leaders that not only lead and organise the singing, but compose the lyrics too. So until that character emerges, we will have to put up with the same old boring, unimaginitive and copied chants that have been around for years.

Stuboo

by Stuboo » 18 Oct 2012 01:46

Someone talking about muppets gave me an idea. What about something to the tune of the Fraggle Rock theme tune? You know, the one that goes, Dance your cares away. Clap clap. Worries for another day, Let the music play. Clap clap. Down at Fraggle Rock.

Slightly gay perhaps, but a memorable melody, and I don't think it's taken. Something like:

Watch the Reading play. Clap clap. Winning always home away, Let the Reading play. Clap clap. Down at the Mad Stad.

royal_ross

by royal_ross » 19 Oct 2012 13:52

Really looking forward to Anfield tomorrow, last game I went to was West Brom and the fans were amazing, need more at them at home!

Theroyalbox
Hob Nob Regular

by Theroyalbox » 05 Nov 2012 18:27

(Opposition team name) are you listening,
Its reading here you must be brisstling
Beautiful site
Half blue Half white
Walking in a royal wonderland

Ian Herring

by Ian Herring » 05 Nov 2012 19:21

I miss the South Bank most of all for its stench of piss.

In terms of atmosphere, on the rare occasion I visit the Spakkerbowl these days, I find it most satisfying to sit through the game without making any noise at all. I am the founder member (indeed, only) of the RSS (The Reading Silent Squad).

I f*cking hate noise. And I hate football songs. Last time I watched a load of gurning morons belting out communal shite was when I observed the visiting Leeds supporters when the Rz played yet another thuggish Colin W*anker side.

It'd be far more impressive if Reading crowds took the Trappist Oath and sat absolutely mute for ninety minutes. The odd snort of suppressed laughter or some low-grade farting would be acceptable, but not en-masse. Would piss the visiting knuckletards off far more than exchanging grown-up nursery rhymes with them.

'Shut the f*ck up you Royals!' should be the new club fan-supporter motto.

Join me.

SydenhamRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by SydenhamRoyal » 05 Nov 2012 19:38

Ian Herring In terms of atmosphere, on the rare occasion I visit the Spakkerbowl these days, I find it most satisfying to sit through the game without making any noise at all. I am the founder member (indeed, only) of the RSS (The Reading Silent Squad).

I f*cking hate noise. And I hate football songs. Last time I watched a load of gurning morons belting out communal shite was when I observed the visiting Leeds supporters when the Rz played yet another thuggish Colin W*anker side.

It'd be far more impressive if Reading crowds took the Trappist Oath and sat absolutely mute for ninety minutes. The odd snort of suppressed laughter or some low-grade farting would be acceptable, but not en-masse. Would piss the visiting knuckletards off far more than exchanging grown-up nursery rhymes with them.

Join me.

I think you sit near me. In fact I think you sit both sides of me, as well as in front of me and behind me. And opposite me. :lol:

Tony Le Mesmer
Hob Nob Regular

by Tony Le Mesmer » 05 Nov 2012 21:17

I havn't heard a decent song at Reading since that fat slag stood at the front of the town end with her bf was met with the chant of "C unt like a bucket, she's got a c unt like a bucket"

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 05 Nov 2012 21:33

royal_ross Really looking forward to Anfield tomorrow, last game I went to was West Brom and the fans were amazing, need more at them at home!

Atmosphere was shit at LOLiverpool.

Nice location btw

RoyalJames101
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalJames101 » 05 Nov 2012 22:29

Fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiive Parkinsons!

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 06 Nov 2012 13:53

(To the tune of Livin' on a prayer by Bon Jovi)

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh we're half way there
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh Tony Rougier....

122 posts