Jobi reaction to ml sub

mad79

Jobi reaction to ml sub

by mad79 » 09 Mar 2013 19:50

Did anyone else see jobi reaction to the sub of his mate ML. After the cheer went up he turned to the east stand and waved his hands like a little kid. On all the phone in's this went un noticed. Who the hell does he think he is. He should have walked off with him as a good will gesture to the home fans. This was a Matt Mills finger moment for me

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Jobi reaction to ml sub

by sandman » 09 Mar 2013 19:51

Cheers for that.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 09 Mar 2013 19:53

Mad79

This week we award you........................

peterroyal76
Hob Nob Regular
Location: North stand B13.......where all the empty seats are!

by peterroyal76 » 09 Mar 2013 19:56

AthleticoSpizz Mad79

This week we award you........................

cnut of the week.

mad79

by mad79 » 09 Mar 2013 19:57

I thank you

moonwalklikebas

by moonwalklikebas » 09 Mar 2013 20:02

My mate and I this too. Was pretty shocking tbh. Digesting behaviour from the captain who is meant to show loyalties to all members of playing staff not just his best pal.

P.s lol at BMC calling Jobi a 'brave brave player'. I have never seen player to be such a whimp in all challenges and 50/50's.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 09 Mar 2013 20:10

cannot believe I am reading some of this sh1t.

Today, may or may not be the watershed that changes things for the last knockings of our current premierdonnaship season, however, the actions of some of the crowd were a disgrace. From the onset of the kick-off, it was obvious that the crowd were beying for the blood of some of our OWN PLAYERS.

Sorry fickle folks, barracking last seasons heroes is not helping. Yes they are making mistakes, yes they should (in many cases) be dropped, but they are not.

If you are not happy, vote with your feet, otherwise, use a bit of common sense and decency.

Scutterbucketz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Scutterbucketz » 09 Mar 2013 20:20

Anyone who booed the subs is a pcunt. Either for the fact that they were gunning for one of our players to go off because he's not good enough or because they thought anyone who came on could do better.

Booing is a disgrace! I don't berate any of the players because all hey can do is their best. And I have no doubt that all of them do. It's, unfortunately, just not good enough. That's not their fault.

Divvy

by Divvy » 09 Mar 2013 20:22

mad79 Did anyone else see jobi reaction to the sub of his mate ML. After the cheer went up he turned to the east stand and waved his hands like a little kid. On all the phone in's this went un noticed. Who the hell does he think he is. He should have walked off with him as a good will gesture to the home fans. This was a Matt Mills finger moment for me

Gibbo also reacted sarcastically to the fans who jeered ML off.

Royal Monk

by Royal Monk » 09 Mar 2013 20:24

Booooooooo

Colin Cheeselog

by Colin Cheeselog » 09 Mar 2013 20:29

If McAnuff had have done a Cantona style kick into fans it would have been totally justified given the abuse he receives every week from the mongs.

royal_ross

by royal_ross » 09 Mar 2013 20:31

Colin Cheeselog If McAnuff had have done a Cantona style kick into fans it would have been totally justified given the abuse he receives every week from the mongs.

This. Why the hell he gets it every week is beyond me. He was pretty good today I thought and set up the goal, shameful stuff from the fans.

total_biscuit

by total_biscuit » 09 Mar 2013 20:32

My take on the booing was that the substitutions were bizarre and the wrong players were being subbed.

Why did Akpan and Hunt have to go off ? Akpan was putting a shift in in the middle and Hunt was far more of a threat than Jobi (or less of a liability ?).

McAnuff and Leigertwood were worthy of going off but no, they stayed on.

I think the crowd knew that we were getting the tactics completely wrong at that point.

TB

Scutterbucketz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Scutterbucketz » 09 Mar 2013 20:40

total_biscuit My take on the booing was that the substitutions were bizarre and the wrong players were being subbed.

Why did Akpan and Hunt have to go off ? Akpan was putting a shift in in the middle and Hunt was far more of a threat than Jobi (or less of a liability ?).

I think the crowd knew that we were getting the tactics completely wrong at that point.

TB

Despite what I just wrote about not berating the players; jobi was shite and Akpan......more like Akpants! *Chortle*

All of them are so far off this level of football it is untrue.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 09 Mar 2013 20:42

...and our "fans" are too

appologies to the long suffering genuine ones

Divvy

by Divvy » 09 Mar 2013 20:43

total_biscuit My take on the booing was that the substitutions were bizarre and the wrong players were being subbed.

TB

That was my take on it as well. It wasn't necessarily booing the players, but booing BM's god awful decisions again. How can a fan make his/her opinion known? They can't ask for a quiet word, so they boo. I don't like it, and it isn't helping, but they made their opinions known in the only way they can! McDermott's tactics, decisions, subs, the lot, has been pretty much dog shit every game and he's learnt nothing. Certain players are undroppable, and others are dropped for one mistake yet have valuable experience we need!

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 09 Mar 2013 20:52

So the fans can boo the players and the manager, but if the players criticise the fans it's a terrible, terrible thing?

frimmers3
Hob Nob Addict

by frimmers3 » 09 Mar 2013 20:55

the premiership is in reality four divisions,the top four insulated from travails due to the seemingly bottomless pockets of their collective owners,the next four doing brave battle in an attempt to oust one of the top niche or gain a europa cup place...then half a dozen seemingly content with mid table safety and the prize money that those positions afford...then perm three from six to face the drop.not an ideal state of affairs,stale,money fueled,and sadly beyond the pocket of many a fan that were the bread and butter for clubs in the days before sky.all of which serves to illustrate that for clubs like reading,unwilling or unable to play the money game,sheer effort and passion are no longer enough.sad times.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 09 Mar 2013 20:58

The problem with the subs they were predictable. When I saw who was coming on I said to my wife it should be Ledge and McAnuff going off but it will be Hunt and Akpan that do.

That is just how predictable McD is at the moment. No matter how anyone is performing the decisions he makes are the predictable ones, and largely at the moment, the wrong ones. Even the starting line up is predictable.

Le Fondre is proving that he is an impact sub at this level whilst McAnuff is just not good enough to be a winger at this level. Admittedly there isn't much he can do with the squad at this level but just mixing things up a bit so that the opposition have something to think about for a change might help.

Divvy

by Divvy » 09 Mar 2013 20:58

frimmers3 the premiership is in reality four divisions,the top four insulated from travails due to the seemingly bottomless pockets of their collective owners,the next four doing brave battle in an attempt to oust one of the top niche or gain a europa cup place...then half a dozen seemingly content with mid table safety and the prize money that those positions afford...then perm three from six to face the drop.not an ideal state of affairs,stale,money fueled,and sadly beyond the pocket of many a fan that were the bread and butter for clubs in the days before sky.all of which serves to illustrate that for clubs like reading,unwilling or unable to play the money game,sheer effort and passion are no longer enough.sad times.

They're isn't a top four as such any more though, is there?

United, City, Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs, and in terms of financial clout - Liverpool. The first of your inner leagues is a 6 club league all vying for a top four finish.
Last edited by Divvy on 09 Mar 2013 21:03, edited 1 time in total.