Pogrebnyak

964 posts
kwik-silva
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Pogrebnyak

by kwik-silva » 03 Sep 2013 23:50

Whenever I saw pictures of him pre-season he always looked happy and smiling, I honestly think that if Adkins has faith in him then he will (hopefully) come good.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 03 Sep 2013 23:53

And he looks like dolph lundgren (sic)

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 03 Sep 2013 23:59

The main problem for us is we really can't do shit about him because he's got three years left on his contract.

Billy The Fish

by Billy The Fish » 04 Sep 2013 06:46

Meet The Russians - New trashy TV series on rich Russians living in London starts on September 25th. According to the Times it features "the Russian Victoria Beckham and her footballer husband who plays for Reading FC".

http://www.tvwise.co.uk/2013/08/fox-sets-uk-premiere-date-for-meet-the-russians/

JamieY26

The Pog to stay and fight...

by JamieY26 » 05 Sep 2013 14:22

Just in on Skysports.com that Pog turned down offers to stay and fight for a prem return.

I have to say that when we went down last season, seeing him rip apart the champ was something I was looking forward to! maybe now that he is here to stay he will get more games and could take some of the sting off not getting our targets in the transfer window.

Thought?

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

Re: The Pog to stay and fight...

by Elm Park Kid » 05 Sep 2013 14:26

I don't know if that's the truth or just the club spinning the fact they couldn't get a buyer.

Either way I agree that Pog needs to be reintegrated into the team sharpish and give a chance to become a key player. His record before Reading was pretty good and he should be a strong player at this level.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 05 Sep 2013 14:27

I find that hard to believe, but, in any case, he's still here - so yes, play him up front - he should ALWAYS be ahead of Blackman in the pecking order.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 05 Sep 2013 14:28

If he stayed despite offers for him then there's little doubt that this was only because the buying club offered a lower wage than he's already on.

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 05 Sep 2013 14:29

maybe he turned down other offers because they weren`t stupid enough to pay the silly wages we are giving him.

JamieY26

by JamieY26 » 05 Sep 2013 14:33

windermere_royal maybe he turned down other offers because they weren`t stupid enough to pay the silly wages we are giving him.

Either way. he needs to take up the gap we currently have up top and get involved. I havent seen anything during his time in england that suggests he is unprofessional or wont put in a shift. Get him out there and maybe we will get our moneys worth.

Handsome Man
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Practically Rock Paper Scissors Champion of the World

by Handsome Man » 05 Sep 2013 14:37

Excellent news.

We've got to give him a chance. I hoped he would leave and be replaced by an expensive striker as much as the next man, but since he didn't we must all get behind him and hope for the best. Even Matejovsky managed a couple of good games in the Championship. Who knows what Pog can do.

fruits

by fruits » 05 Sep 2013 14:46

I agree with the posters the club is taking us for mugs. Who would be interested in buying him? He can´t make our first team so he must be rubbish.

As far as I can see the club is on a hiding to nothing, with his present attitude.He doesn´t want to play, still has too high an opinion of his skills, he will continue to collect about 250k a month, basically for doing nothing.

Reading´s options are basically pay the Pig off, which may be the best option, get him out of the way thus reducing any tension with the other players.But very expensive. Try to get shot of him promising to pay half of his wages until the end of his contract , but which club would even want him at the super super reduced price is hard to see.

It is a fine old mess. The Pig might do the honourable thing admit he is taking money under false pretences,get his backside into gear and try to recover his form which would help RFC in the short term and might secure him a move in January thus helping his long term prospects.

There is little or no honour in the world now,especially in sport. So do not expect the Pig to do the honourable and right thing and work his socks off for his employer.

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 05 Sep 2013 14:48

It is absolutely astonishing Pogrebnyak hasn't been given the no.1 striker tag this season. Give that man the right kind of service, ie, to his feet, then he would be absolutely deadly at this level. I have said all pre-season that he should get 25-30 goals this season, yet we play Blackman up front instead. I like Adkins, his teams play the game the way I like to see the game played (passing football with a purpose and tempo), and I see Pogrebnyak as a good fit for the 4-2-3-1 formation Adkins likes to deploy. And yet he has hardly had any game time whatsoever. Remarkable.

Libertine
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Connecticut...aka "The Fifth Ring of Hell" & Prediction League Champion 2015/2016

by Libertine » 05 Sep 2013 14:53

I was hoping he'd be falling back to Moscow with the rest of the Red Army to help set up a defensive perimeter to defend the city... :D

That being said one would/should think he would terrorize defenses at this level. Hopefully the reason he wasn't being featured was because of a move that never materialized and he can now focus solely on football...

JamieY26

by JamieY26 » 05 Sep 2013 14:55

Elm Park Kid I don't know if that's the truth or just the club spinning the fact they couldn't get a buyer.

Either way I agree that Pog needs to be reintegrated into the team sharpish and give a chance to become a key player. His record before Reading was pretty good and he should be a strong player at this level.

This isn't from the club. Pog was quoted speaking to the russian media. Im not sugggesting that the club didnt have a say in the spin. But he would be digging his own grave professionally if he didnt now bust a gut to play

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 05 Sep 2013 14:57

Libertine terrorize defenses

I am more than tolerant of the American zee here, but for the second offence :arrow: and never come back.

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 05 Sep 2013 15:02

handbags_harris It is absolutely astonishing Pogrebnyak hasn't been given the no.1 striker tag this season. Give that man the right kind of service, ie, to his feet, then he would be absolutely deadly at this level. I have said all pre-season that he should get 25-30 goals this season, yet we play Blackman up front instead. I like Adkins, his teams play the game the way I like to see the game played (passing football with a purpose and tempo), and I see Pogrebnyak as a good fit for the 4-2-3-1 formation Adkins likes to deploy. And yet he has hardly had any game time whatsoever. Remarkable.

Agree with all of that, and as Adkins is clearly not stupid, it leads to the logical conclusion that Pog's attitude isn't where it should be. That is the only reason why Blackman would be playing ahead of him.

If he can get his head straight and knuckle down, i'd have him straight in the starting line up. If not, i'd send him to train with the youth team, off load him in January for whatever we can get and ever pay whatever's necessary to get a decent striker on loan or give Ugwu a try. We will not go up relying on Le Fondre and Blackman alone.

#gowithgozie

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 05 Sep 2013 15:15

JamieY26 Just in on Skysports.com that Pog turned down offers to stay and fight for a prem return

Meaning no one could match his wages so he thought he may as well stay here. Don't forget, he turned down Fulham because they couldn't (quote at the time) complete with what we were offering him. The guy is money orientated.

If he can find some motivation then he'll be an asset, but I wont hold my breath! This should at least see Blackman condemned to he bench.

ManchesterRoyals
Hob Nob Regular

by ManchesterRoyals » 05 Sep 2013 15:18

Elm Park Kid I don't know if that's the truth or just the club spinning the fact they couldn't get a buyer.

This

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 05 Sep 2013 15:22

964 posts