Hob Nob Legend

Re: Opposition fans back from the game

by Hound » 15 Feb 2017 11:02

Apparently back next week so yes. Could really do with him

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 15 Feb 2017 11:13

TBM Huddersfield will have a field day against our back 3/4 next game - Stam needs to work on some defending drills this week

Get McShane back and we can play Gunter and Williams where they are actually supposed to play.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 15 Feb 2017 11:38

genome
TBM Huddersfield will have a field day against our back 3/4 next game - Stam needs to work on some defending drills this week

Get McShane back and we can play Gunter and Williams where they are actually supposed to play.

But Reading could have done last night, and at Ipswich, otherwise what is the point in Reece being here as he sure as hell won't get any game time with McShane and Moore both fit. No doubt Berg will also be played ahead of him when he's back too.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 15 Feb 2017 11:46

Well, maybe Stam has taken a look at Oxford in training and decided that he isn't ready or match-fit yet and would prefer to go with an experienced Championship player instead. There's plenty of reasons why things are decided the way they are, all fans offer is conjecture.

It's very easy to sit there in hindsight and say it was a mistake but it's slightly discredited by the fact we won the match, and are unbeaten in 6 matches. And his substitutions were superb last night.

Just can't get my head around why he is getting so much stick. It's extremely short sighted.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 15 Feb 2017 11:57

basically coz people much prefer moaning than giving praise.

Reece was brought in as cover, thought that was fairly clear. It was his choice to come to us rather than someone like Forest knowing he was less likely to start with us.

Personally I reckon he might still have a big part to play in the next few months - if all goes well the season finishes the end of May - plenty of time for him still to contribute.

With the awful state of the pitch and the physical nature of some of the sides we have played, I fully agree with Stam starting Blackett instead. Gunter playing CB I'm not a huge fan of, esp after last night, but it does give the flexibility to go back 4 without nec making a sub.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 15 Feb 2017 12:18

We had Dickie as cover. If Reece isn't going to play in the centre of defence ahead of a soft fullback, the signing was a clear error and pointless. Regardless of results.

Evans really ought to have started all of the last few games as well.

And why Williams is playing wing back when we have Watson is beyond reason.

It's a good job Stam's otherwise excellent.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 15 Feb 2017 12:53

Ian Royal We had Dickie as cover. If Reece isn't going to play in the centre of defence ahead of a soft fullback, the signing was a clear error and pointless. Regardless of results.

But he may not (a) be match fit yet or (b) fully up to speed with the style of play Stam wants the defenders to play. He's only been here a couple of weeks, give him a chance to settle in

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 15 Feb 2017 13:16

But that's what the game is all about, different opinions.

As fans we are debating the areas where the management are perceived to be able to do better as, in this instance, it looks like on both occasions it's been tried it has not worked well therefore why do it in the first place. Equally perhaps the issue is not the back 3/5 but the fact that on both occasions there's been no Berg or Evans stuck in front of them which in my opinion is key to the success of the way the team plays effectively

At the end of the day I would expect every Reading fan to be 100% behind Stam now his ethos is taking hold and you generally cannot fault his moves to change things formation wise if what he started with isn't working well. The guy, thus far, has been a magician - he just needs that magic hat to get the club over the line in more style...

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 15 Feb 2017 13:45

well yes, and obviously we don't see what happens outside of match day etc. Reece may have been utter rot in training, or just clearly not up to speed.

Been banging the Evans drum for a while though. For me he has to be in the side, Would go as far as to say he is simply a better player than Swift or Kelly, not just more suitable for the DM position.

Stam has tough decisions to make now - he has done incredibly well so far, but crucial he gets things right in the next couple of weeks.

oh_ROAR

by oh_ROAR » 15 Feb 2017 15:03

Sutekh But that's what the game is all about, different opinions.

As fans we are debating the areas where the management are perceived to be able to do better as, in this instance, it looks like on both occasions it's been tried it has not worked well therefore why do it in the first place. Equally perhaps the issue is not the back 3/5 but the fact that on both occasions there's been no Berg or Evans stuck in front of them which in my opinion is key to the success of the way the team plays effectively

At the end of the day I would expect every Reading fan to be 100% behind Stam now his ethos is taking hold and you generally cannot fault his moves to change things formation wise if what he started with isn't working well. The guy, thus far, has been a magician - he just needs that magic hat to get the club over the line in more style...

+1 couldn't agree with this more

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 15 Feb 2017 15:54

And as has been mentioned somewhere else, perhaps we should include opposition managers back from the game on here

http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/footb ... r-12607902

Apparently Habsi kept us in the game :lol:

And while there was room for improvement for the ref it was just the same for both sides

I bet referees will be falling over themselves to handle games between Brentford and Bristol City

Oh well I suppose

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 15 Feb 2017 16:53

Oh dear. Daniel Bentley didn't have a save to make. I can think of 2 he had to make as well as a clearance he also had to make.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 15 Feb 2017 17:41

Is there really much point in saying your keeper barely made a save if he also conceded 3 goals?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 15 Feb 2017 18:11

Yep top class whine that

Would suggest saving his energy for trying to coach basic defending to his team instead

WAZZOCK

by WAZZOCK » 15 Feb 2017 18:55

He neglects to mention the moment that McCleary was floored whilst through on goal.

I appreciate it wasn't a red for last man, but that must have been bordering on violent conduct.

taipairoyal

by taipairoyal » 15 Feb 2017 20:06

Jagermesiter1871 Is there really much point in saying your keeper barely made a save if he also conceded 3 goals?

Nope, but it just wont sink in, best to just give up, the lift dont go to the top with this one.

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 15 Feb 2017 20:07

I think Brentford have enough about them to stay up though.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 15 Feb 2017 20:26

Mr Optimist I think Brentford have enough about them to stay up though.

:lol:

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 16 Feb 2017 05:14

CountryRoyal
Mr Optimist I think Brentford have enough about them to stay up though.

:lol:

So glad that you still don't have to resort to the use of smiley winky faces on here (no racisto)

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 08 Mar 2017 12:15

There it is ladies and gentleman we have another.....its a tinpot - I repeat we have a tinpot!!

Worst away venue I've been to.

The bus service from rail station to ground and back was an absolute joke - 1000's queuing for 1 bus that turns up every 5-10 minutes.

I hope we never have to play this tinpot club again.

4464 posts