Opposition fans back from the game

4464 posts
windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Opposition fans back from the game

by windermereROYAL » 14 May 2017 10:15

How the fcuk did they expect us to play. sit back and watch them play their pretty football and tear us apart? dear lord i wonder what some of these guys have inside their heads masquarading as brains?

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 14 May 2017 10:23

What a bunch of rose tinted specs w*nkers....happy clappers my arse

Lovely ground and walk to game mind

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 14 May 2017 10:23

The arrogance of some Fulham fans astounds me. They genuinely appear to have expected us not to have learned from the 5-0 thrashing earlier in the season and to have turned up and played/rolled over in exactly the same manner! :shock:

As for dirty - 12 fouls to their 9; and, as conceded by one of their more reasonable fans, Malone could well have received a second yellow for the cynical pull back on Kermorgant had Attwell not bottled it.

Furthermore you don't have to go far back to see the beautiful football Fulham displaying a 'dirty' side themselves. In their 1-0 win at Fulham they committed 14 fouls. Rotherham committed 10.

As for the happy clappy brigade criticising our support! :roll:

The attitude of some of their fans, who have clearly swallowed the media hype, makes me want to beat them even more now.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 14 May 2017 10:24

They compare their football to Barca :D

The difference is Barca can break teams down who set up to stifle them. Fulham cannot.

Barca :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 14 May 2017 10:28

Bloody hell, now I really want to beat them

George_

by George_ » 14 May 2017 10:41

We all know we have one of the worst home atmospheres in the league, but Fulham easily have the worst. Having those clapper things doesn't make a good atmosphere :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Craven Cottage is a great ground though, can't take that away from them.

WAZZOCK

by WAZZOCK » 14 May 2017 10:50

Their arrogance is inherent throughout the club it seems. I saw their advert for season tickets on their LED boards, and it came out with some nauseating drivel about being 'the originals' and 'the entertainers'. Absolute state :lol:

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 14 May 2017 10:52

bobby1413 Bloody hell, now I really want to beat them

If we don't win on the pitch we can still get a result in the terraces

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 14 May 2017 11:15

Said it before and say it again, Reading are the bogeyman , they are both dirty AND lucky. Playing like Barcelona wont be enough.Thats why we need Martin.

Well done reading ... scored with only shot from a foul on the fulham player and managed to time waste for 60 mins.

Reading would have had a lot more than 1 player sent off as he let go a lot of nasty fouls. Reading did a job on us and the ref let them get away with it. He also did not see a clear handball during the build up to their goal,

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 14 May 2017 11:55

Am I missing something or are Fulham fans completely deluded in thinking they play like Barca?

I was at the 5:0 and there yesterday and in both games they had the odd bit of nice wing play but not much more. Nothing to warrant considering themselves the championship Barcelona. That's also taking into consideration in both games they were playing against 10 men and in the first tie Gunter had handed them a head start.

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 14 May 2017 12:02

RoyalBlue Malone could well have received a second yellow for the cynical pull back on Kermorgant had Attwell not bottled it.

There's no "may" about it. It was a cynical foul to stop an attack. It should be a yellow every time.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 14 May 2017 12:40

It's amazing how they all had such a perfect view of the supposed foul/handball in the lead up to our goal but not one of them spotted the foul on Williams in the area when we were 1-0 up. To be fair, the Sky commentary team called it as a penalty but that was quickly overridden in the studio post match Fulham love in.

Winchester Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Winchester Royal » 14 May 2017 12:48

Even sat amongst them there was very little noise of any sort - I don't think the Hammersmith end piped up until after they scored, and the 'Fulham' side of the Putney end felt more like the usual neutral end.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 14 May 2017 12:49

BR0B0T
bobby1413 Bloody hell, now I really want to beat them

If we don't win on the pitch we can still get a result in the terraces

Definitely. Me and my firm are meeting at the Blagrave Arms on Tuesday for some shandies before we go looking for the Fulham lot

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 14 May 2017 13:09

Its weird reading that.. Most users on here have at least some degree of realism. These Fulham fans seem deluded as a minimum.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 14 May 2017 13:15

NewCorkSeth Its weird reading that.. Most users on here have at least some degree of realism. These Fulham fans seem deluded as a minimum.

With our dismal performance last time didn't realise that we've improved somewhat. Defensively we are pretty sound defensively if need be. It's the speed of the attack that let's us down when we play this way. All of Stam's European experience shone through the team yesterday.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 14 May 2017 14:19

2 observations

1) Over 46 games, the table does not lie.

2) if they're so fcuking good and we're so fcuking shit, why aren't they out of sight?

Methinks the 5-0 and all the media bullshit has gone to their heads and there's a few quivering sphincters in SW6. They don't like it up 'em.

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 14 May 2017 14:28

paultheroyal
Said it before and say it again, Reading are the bogeyman , they are both dirty AND lucky. Playing like Barcelona wont be enough.Thats why we need Martin.

Well done reading ... scored with only shot from a foul on the fulham player and managed to time waste for 60 mins.

Reading would have had a lot more than 1 player sent off as he let go a lot of nasty fouls. Reading did a job on us and the ref let them get away with it. He also did not see a clear handball during the build up to their goal,

LET ME TELL YOU I'VE KEPT SILENT UP TILL THIS POINT BUT WHEN THEY TALK ABOUT MY TEAM LIKE THAT, I'M TELLING YOU NOW THEY'VE GOT TO COME TO THE MAD STAD ON TUESDAY AND GET SOMETHING! AND I WILL LUV IT AND I MEAN LUV IT IF WE BEAT THEM........................

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 14 May 2017 14:35

Pathetic bunch....and incredibly arrogant, just like their chavvy neighbours. Watched the pre match interviews with their "fans" on YouTube. We had no chance and were utterly sh!te and we were lucky against them because they missed a last minute pen. Well guess what...we were third and we've got a manager that doesn't seem to make the same mistake twice against the same team.

Hampshire Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Hampshire Royal » 14 May 2017 15:37

"I was able to get a pirate stream in America. Reading ? Total anti football but what do you expect from the ex manure thug who coaches them? I thought Fulham were magnificent, especially in the second half. I am very worried about Tuesday though, I dont see the anti football changing."

Ex Manure thug?? Are they talking about Jaap Stam, a man who played almost his whole career with some of the best teams in Europe - Eindhoven, Man U, Lazio, AC Milan and Ajax. I've seen, as have most Reading fans, that he is held in such high regard by some of the 'smaller' teams he played for early in his career, that they have come to watch us play just to support Stam.

It's also worth mentioning that this is Stam's first season as a manager in what is arguably one of the most difficult leagues in Europe. We are so lucky to have him!!

I had to look up who Fulham's manager was, and having done it, I'm still none the wiser.

It is such an obvious thing to say, but the final league table doesn't lie. Even deluded Fulham fans must see that there are five teams who ended the season better than them. That's not to say that they won't fluke a win against us on Tuesday, especially with our long list of injuries and suspensions, but it won't alter the fact that they are still only the sixth best team in the league.
Last edited by Hampshire Royal on 14 May 2017 15:43, edited 1 time in total.

4464 posts