Opposition fans back from the game

4464 posts
Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Opposition fans back from the game

by Nameless » 17 May 2017 08:51

The Informant And the sitters we missed.

Struggling to think of more than one good chance they had

Suspect Ali would be happy to talk you through a few.....

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 17 May 2017 08:52

point is Jaap out tactic'd their boss in both legs. The reason they were nowhere near what they have been in the last 2 months is we had a plan, which worked. Twice. And their boss had no idea how to counter it.

As pointed out, we were missing Obita (massively important in the context of the game, MOM first leg), McShane (Captain and most experienced defender), Kelly (potentially our best midfielder) for all but 15 mins, and McCleary (arguably our best player) for all but 25 mins, and still beat them

So to be honest, they can pi$$ right back off with their superiority complex, one trick pony football, and their army of pundit sympathisers. Hopefully they will lose their best players (though Cairney and co clearly aren't as good as they think they are) and become the mid table non-entity they have been for the last few years

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 17 May 2017 08:52

The Informant And the sitters we missed.

Struggling to think of more than one good chance they had

Watching back this morning, that worldie save from Habsi over the bar was a great chance. He could of put that in anywhere and also Martin header at the end, didn't realise what a great opportunity that was but he put it well wide :lol:

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 17 May 2017 08:54

Winston Biscuit Fulham had 23 (TWENTY THREE) shots off target over the 2 legs :shock: :shock: :shock:

When your finishing is as comical & woeful as that you absolutely don't deserve to go up

I think a fair few of those shots were frustrated pot-shots at goal when they couldn't break through the defensive line. So I think we deserve some credit for that.

Thought Aluko was poor last night. Very selfish.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 17 May 2017 09:00

They kept on banging on about us only having 1 shot on target in the first leg. They only had 2, the shot all Habsi saved and the rebound from that shot that Cairney scored from

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 17 May 2017 09:02

genome
Winston Biscuit Fulham had 23 (TWENTY THREE) shots off target over the 2 legs :shock: :shock: :shock:

When your finishing is as comical & woeful as that you absolutely don't deserve to go up

I think a fair few of those shots were frustrated pot-shots at goal when they couldn't break through the defensive line. So I think we deserve some credit for that.

They would have been better off playing this one:

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 17 May 2017 09:03

Was It Aluko who was constantly trying to hurry us up ended up doing the opposite,
Best one was towards the end, our goal kick, Gunts had the ball and was walking it back to Ali. Aluko tried to grab the ball and it became a little skirmish resulting in him knocking the ball out of Gunts hand and it going all the way over to the corner. He then had to run after it, take it off the ball boy and throw it to Ali.
There was another one where it was our throw, ball was rolling down the hoardings and a ball boy was about to,pick it up when Aluko ran towards it, ball boy stepped away and Aluko had to run 20 yards and then be out of position.
Leave it alone mate, let the ref add on time, there is no obligation for us to rush and all you were doing was getting wound up and wasting time !

Fox Talbot
Hob Nob Regular

by Fox Talbot » 17 May 2017 09:05

A little bit of payback for 2008 in my view.

Yeah, Fulham were the better team with better footballers and all that ... BUT there's a streak in the English game about making the most of your resources to win a match against the odds. Which Jaap did. Which Nottm Forest did in the European Cup in 1980 and nobody outside Hamburg complains about that now.

URZ!

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 17 May 2017 09:17

The Reverend

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Never mind Fulham - we'll have a nice day out at Wembley for you

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 17 May 2017 09:24

Hound point is Jaap out tactic'd their boss in both legs. The reason they were nowhere near what they have been in the last 2 months is we had a plan, which worked. Twice. And their boss had no idea how to counter it.

As pointed out, we were missing Obita (massively important in the context of the game, MOM first leg), McShane (Captain and most experienced defender), Kelly (potentially our best midfielder) for all but 15 mins, and McCleary (arguably our best player) for all but 25 mins, and still beat them

So to be honest, they can pi$$ right back off with their superiority complex, one trick pony football, and their army of pundit sympathisers. Hopefully they will lose their best players (though Cairney and co clearly aren't as good as they think they are) and become the mid table non-entity they have been for the last few years

Bloody good post that

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 17 May 2017 09:25

TBM
The Reverend

absolute roffles :lol:

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 17 May 2017 09:26

John Smith
Hound point is Jaap out tactic'd their boss in both legs. The reason they were nowhere near what they have been in the last 2 months is we had a plan, which worked. Twice. And their boss had no idea how to counter it.

Bloody good post that

Go up and then sign Cairney lol.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 17 May 2017 09:30

TBM
The Reverend

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Never mind Fulham - we'll have a nice day out at Wembley for you

I just mentioned that on the BFTG thread.

jd82
Hob Nob Addict

by jd82 » 17 May 2017 09:40

RoyalBlue
genome

They would have been better off playing this one:

Tried to get "you're not as good as your sister" going in the upper west. Was firmly on my own :oops:

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 17 May 2017 09:45

My favourite thing about Aluko was whenever he miscontrolled or shanked it out, he looked at his teammates in digust :lol:

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 17 May 2017 09:49

genome My favourite thing about Aluko was whenever he miscontrolled or shanked it out, he looked at his teammates in digust :lol:

Was odd that. He only did one positive ting all game if memory serves. Mostly just shanked crosses and skied shots.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 17 May 2017 09:54

That right back of theirs, Fredericks - i liked him

If we go up we should look at maybe getting him in

Emeraldroyal

by Emeraldroyal » 17 May 2017 09:56

I can't be arsed reading through all the posts sorry..

Glad somebody raised it about the sympathising commentators. Unbelievable bias towards the small town in Chelsea.

As for sidwell :evil:

Discussing the penalty decision he states 'it was a handball yes but it's a bit soft'
oxf*rd off sidwell. Handball = penalty you prick.

Absolutely delighted we beat this entitled bunch.
Commentator even compared them to Barcelona at one point. WTF. Yes they had the lions share of possession second half and Ali pulled off a couple of beauties but you were outfoxed outfought and ultimately beaten.
We're going to Wembley you're not :lol:

Urrrrrrzzzzzzz

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 17 May 2017 10:09

TBM That right back of theirs, Fredericks - i liked him

I see no discernible difference between him and Gunter. Really don't think it's an upgrade at all if we did.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 17 May 2017 10:16

maffff
TBM That right back of theirs, Fredericks - i liked him

I see no discernible difference between him and Gunter. Really don't think it's an upgrade at all if we did.

Obita had him in his pocket and also exploited his defensive weakness in the first game. Good player but not really an upgrade

4464 posts