Opposition fans back from the game

4464 posts
muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Opposition fans back from the game

by muirinho » 17 May 2017 10:18

Emeraldroyal I can't be arsed reading through all the posts sorry..

Glad somebody raised it about the sympathising commentators. Unbelievable bias towards the small town in Chelsea.

As for sidwell :evil:

Discussing the penalty decision he states 'it was a handball yes but it's a bit soft'
oxf*rd off sidwell. Handball = penalty you prick.

Absolutely delighted we beat this entitled bunch.
Commentator even compared them to Barcelona at one point. WTF. Yes they had the lions share of possession second half and Ali pulled off a couple of beauties but you were outfoxed outfought and ultimately beaten.
We're going to Wembley you're not :lol:

Urrrrrrzzzzzzz

Best move of the match was that one that Swift unaccountably failed to convert - if Fulham had done that, the commentators would have been overcome, and would have had to go and lie down

Emeraldroyal

by Emeraldroyal » 17 May 2017 10:22

muirinho
Emeraldroyal I can't be arsed reading through all the posts sorry..

Glad somebody raised it about the sympathising commentators. Unbelievable bias towards the small town in Chelsea.

As for sidwell :evil:

Discussing the penalty decision he states 'it was a handball yes but it's a bit soft'
oxf*rd off sidwell. Handball = penalty you prick.

Absolutely delighted we beat this entitled bunch.
Commentator even compared them to Barcelona at one point. WTF. Yes they had the lions share of possession second half and Ali pulled off a couple of beauties but you were outfoxed outfought and ultimately beaten.
We're going to Wembley you're not :lol:

Urrrrrrzzzzzzz

Best move of the match was that one that Swift unaccountably failed to convert - if Fulham had done that, the commentators would have been overcome, and would have had to go and lie down

I know Jesus wept they were like a combination of North Korea / Sean spicer and Jeremy Corbyn all rolled into one the garbage they were coming out with :roll:

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 17 May 2017 10:22

maffff
TBM That right back of theirs, Fredericks - i liked him

If we go up we should look at maybe getting him in

I see no discernible difference between him and Gunter. Really don't think it's an upgrade at all if we did.

Its not about upgrading - its about having options. If Gunter is injured then who do we have as back up?

glass half full
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you see someone without a smile..... give him one of yours!

by glass half full » 17 May 2017 10:25

TBM
maffff

I see no discernible difference between him and Gunter. Really don't think it's an upgrade at all if we did.

Its not about upgrading - its about having options. If Gunter is injured then who do we have as back up?

I doubt that he would want to go anywhere as backup.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 17 May 2017 10:25

paultheroyal
John Smith
Hound point is Jaap out tactic'd their boss in both legs. The reason they were nowhere near what they have been in the last 2 months is we had a plan, which worked. Twice. And their boss had no idea how to counter it.

As pointed out, we were missing Obita (massively important in the context of the game, MOM first leg), McShane (Captain and most experienced defender), Kelly (potentially our best midfielder) for all but 15 mins, and McCleary (arguably our best player) for all but 25 mins, and still beat them

So to be honest, they can pi$$ right back off with their superiority complex, one trick pony football, and their army of pundit sympathisers. Hopefully they will lose their best players (though Cairney and co clearly aren't as good as they think they are) and become the mid table non-entity they have been for the last few years

Bloody good post that

Go up and then sign Cairney lol.

+1 to this. We need backup for Swift and Kelly.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 17 May 2017 10:25

TBM
maffff

And more importantly it would make them cry.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 17 May 2017 10:30

TBM
maffff

Would rather develop Watson then have somebody else in front of him. Also, Fredericks is good enough to want to play a heck of a lot more than he'd get if he's behind Gunter, who never seems to get injured. The last three seasons I think he had a couple of games for a groin strain, and a little bit for getting kicked in the eye, and that's it?

Style-wise also, I think he's too similar to offer a genuine option. He's faster, but I'm not sure his final ball is much better - and I think Gunts is a better defender.

I'd actually rather take Malone (although IMO he's not as good), because we need back up for Obita, who is way more injury prone, and I prefer Blackett as a left-sided CB than as a FB or WB

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 17 May 2017 10:34

Charlton fans reminiscing over Kermorgant over on their forums, someone posted a link to this goal -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2tVDAwjWxE

:shock:

The Cap
Hob Nob Regular

by The Cap » 17 May 2017 10:49

Walking back past their coaches after the game, "Don't mind losing but not to that pile of sh*t" :roll:

Also spoke to a couple of lads, at half time, outside the South Stand. "Who do you support?" Reason for this question being that they were among six blokes who turned up in our row and were not showing their allegiance, one way or the other. "England mate". "Oh right, so where do you come from?" "Slough". "In fact we're having these beers and we're off into town". "Oh right". Yet more :roll:

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 17 May 2017 10:57

Nameless
The Informant And the sitters we missed.

Struggling to think of more than one good chance they had

Suspect Ali would be happy to talk you through a few.....

I would say he can lose the Suspect prefix after last night's performance.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 17 May 2017 11:17

Some fulham fan On a topic that seemingly hasnt been mentioned much yet, I was really quite appalled last night at yesterday's scenes post match. I dont wish to categorise all reading fans as being like this, indeed in the pub before the game i had many good chats with some very friendly and equally anxious Reading supporters, but the scenes after the game were a disgrace. To run on the pitch after getting to the play off final is in my view a embarrassing anyway, but to deliberately focus on goading the away supporters behind a wall of riot police is the hallmark of scum. I would expect better from Millwall fans to be quite honest and its a crying shame that no action whatsoever will be taken.

I am bitterly disappointed on the game. We lost to a very poor and untalented side who's single asset is being very very well organised. It was just one of those nights for us and just wouldnt go in. There were marginal decisions in both games which with a bit of luck would have gone our way and thats it we're in the final; a lottery. We left everything out there and we cant beat ourselves up about it.

I have seen a few comments saying 'we weren't good enough to go up this year'. I am not of this persuasion I believe we certainly were, staying up is off course another story but by keeping the nucleus of the squad and a few additions I think we can all be confident for 17/18. The boys should hold onto this feeling and use it next year.

COYW

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 17 May 2017 11:24

Mr Optimist
Nameless
The Informant And the sitters we missed.

Struggling to think of more than one good chance they had

Suspect Ali would be happy to talk you through a few.....

I would say he can lose the Suspect prefix after last night's performance.

LOL !
Entirely fair point.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 17 May 2017 11:25

WoodleyRoyal
Some fulham fan On a topic that seemingly hasnt been mentioned much yet, I was really quite appalled last night at yesterday's scenes post match. I dont wish to categorise all reading fans as being like this, indeed in the pub before the game i had many good chats with some very friendly and equally anxious Reading supporters, but the scenes after the game were a disgrace. To run on the pitch after getting to the play off final is in my view a embarrassing anyway, but to deliberately focus on goading the away supporters behind a wall of riot police is the hallmark of scum. I would expect better from Millwall fans to be quite honest and its a crying shame that no action whatsoever will be taken.

I am bitterly disappointed on the game. We lost to a very poor and untalented side who's single asset is being very very well organised. It was just one of those nights for us and just wouldnt go in. There were marginal decisions in both games which with a bit of luck would have gone our way and thats it we're in the final; a lottery. We left everything out there and we cant beat ourselves up about it.

I have seen a few comments saying 'we weren't good enough to go up this year'. I am not of this persuasion I believe we certainly were, staying up is off course another story but by keeping the nucleus of the squad and a few additions I think we can all be confident for 17/18. The boys should hold onto this feeling and use it next year.

COYW

McCleary would walk injured into their team. Swift and Kelly are made of talent. Al-Habsi Is as talented a Keeper as you will find in the Championship and Moore is quite obviously a talented CB. Why are they so bitter? They played well.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 17 May 2017 11:31

To run on the pitch after getting to the play off final is in my view embarrassing

agreed tbf

jd82
Hob Nob Addict

by jd82 » 17 May 2017 11:33

Maneki Neko
To run on the pitch after getting to the play off final is in my view embarrassing

agreed tbf

megagreed.. we've won oxf*rd all.. Having said that, if I was in the east stand i'da been on the pitch too..

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 17 May 2017 11:34

Maneki Neko

agreed tbf

Calling Winston to the thread

Winston Biscuit amazing night, cracking pitch invasion, leapt on many players.

Maybe it is just because my expectations are so low at the start but I thought VDB & Blackett were very good

Winston Biscuit Spotted - myself as one of the very first people onto the pitch at the final whistle (top left corner) 8)

http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/watch-thousands-reading-fc-fans-13046005

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 17 May 2017 11:37

Maneki Neko

agreed tbf

Everyone does it though these days.

I love pitch invasions but of the spontaneous "we've won something" type rather than a "yes! we get to pay £100 to watch us lose yet another play-off final" type

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 17 May 2017 11:39

Considering we were prepared to invade the pitch for clinching 6th place, I'm not surprised we were on the pitch for getting to the playoff final.

IDGAF if people think it's embarrassing though, people get caught up in the moment and stuff happens.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 17 May 2017 11:48

God Bless The Daily Mail :P

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 17 May 2017 11:51

WoodleyRoyal
Maneki Neko

agreed tbf

Calling Winston to the thread

Winston Biscuit amazing night, cracking pitch invasion, leapt on many players.

Maybe it is just because my expectations are so low at the start but I thought VDB & Blackett were very good

Winston Biscuit Spotted - myself as one of the very first people onto the pitch at the final whistle (top left corner) 8)

http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/watch-thousands-reading-fc-fans-13046005

Nothing will ever stop me thinking pitch invasions are brilliant! I love watching goals round ups towards the end of the season to see fans of lower league clubs spilling onto the pitch.

not much can beat running on the pitch, putting your arm around the goalscorer while jumping up and down in front of him and telling him his own name over and over in song format, all the while he is trying to get away from you. 8)

4464 posts