Opposition fans back from the game

4464 posts
CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Opposition fans back from the game

by CountryRoyal » 11 Apr 2018 08:45

The Fulham faithful were out in numbers and I didn’t see many spare seats. The best atmosphere of the season.

The atmosphere for the last 10 minutes (After the villa goal) to the end and mitro and sess coming over to the fans at the end, was better than anything I’ve seen for a good few years.

Yes fab atmosphere indeed.

The best atmosphere for a few years last night at the cottage and we need same again. V Brentford.BELIEVE. coyw

http://www.friendsoffulham.com/forum/in ... ic=64707.0

They’re joking right? :lol: :lol: :lol:

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 11 Apr 2018 09:37

LOL

jd82
Hob Nob Addict

by jd82 » 11 Apr 2018 09:44

Jesus, as much as I love CC, if that is it ‘rocking’ there’s no way I could cope with going there every week.

Royality creeps In
Hob Nob Regular

by Royality creeps In » 11 Apr 2018 10:02

Bloody Hell.
If thats rocking whats it like normally?

Don't ever let anyone tell you that the Mad Stad is a morgue. If you want peace and quiet without excitement go to the Cottage

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 11 Apr 2018 15:10

Horrific place full of horrific people

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 11 Apr 2018 15:23

leon Horrific place full of horrific people

sums up the whole of Putney pretty well that

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 11 Apr 2018 15:23

Hound

sums up the whole of Putney pretty well that

Well quite

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 11 Apr 2018 15:55

Hound

sums up the whole of London pretty well that

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 11 Apr 2018 16:06

John Madejski's Wallet
Hound

sums up the whole of England pretty well that

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 11 Apr 2018 16:07

ok, I'm sure there are lots of Fulham fans in Putney, but there must be even more Chelsea fans, surely, and they are far, far worse.

I have no problem with Fulham and Brentford tbh. Wish them well.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 11 Apr 2018 16:14

yeah Fulham are harmless enough if just a slightly more smug and middle class version of our own tbh. Great Stadium in all honesty, and despite my dislike of Putney and the Putney Estate agent crowd, there are certainly far far worse places to go.

Brentford's a completely different lot. Weird place Brentford is - completely ruined by having the M4 and A4 bulldozing its way straight through it. The bit of it by the river is comically horrible considering its a mile from the lovely Kew Bridge area, and the high street belongs in the 1970s. Quite like the ground there though, buried amongst the terraces like some old school northern mining town ground, and the fans seem ok.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 11 Apr 2018 16:20

Hound yeah Fulham are harmless enough if just a slightly more smug and middle class version of our own tbh. Great Stadium in all honesty, and despite my dislike of Putney and the Putney Estate agent crowd, there are certainly far far worse places to go.

Brentford's a completely different lot. Weird place Brentford is - completely ruined by having the M4 and A4 bulldozing its way straight through it. The bit of it by the river is comically horrible considering its a mile from the lovely Kew Bridge area, and the high street belongs in the 1970s. Quite like the ground there though, buried amongst the terraces like some old school northern mining town ground, and the fans seem ok.

This is totally wrong BTW. You've got it totally arse about face.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 11 Apr 2018 16:21

leon
Hound yeah Fulham are harmless enough if just a slightly more smug and middle class version of our own tbh. Great Stadium in all honesty, and despite my dislike of Putney and the Putney Estate agent crowd, there are certainly far far worse places to go.

The Fulham fans seem ok?

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 11 Apr 2018 17:32

Hound
leon

The Fulham fans seem ok?

err I didn't really read what you wrote tbh

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 11 Apr 2018 17:56

Fair enough, understandable

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 11 Apr 2018 23:04

Hugh Grant and Richard Osman are Fulham fans says it all really. Posh boys from the Home Counties with no connection to west London. Your typical Fulham fan really just a pleasent walk along the river from there luxury apartment overlooking the Thames.

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 11 Apr 2018 23:48

Jackson Corner Hugh Grant and Richard Osman are Fulham fans says it all really. Posh boys from the Home Counties with no connection to west London. Your typical Fulham fan really just a pleasent walk along the river from there luxury apartment overlooking the Thames.

tbf - the typical Reading fan now is someone in his 60s who goes each week out of a sense of obligation rather than because he enjoys it.

Either that or a 22 year old paying £145 for a season ticket so that him and a few 'lads' can play at football hooligans on a saturday. Well, until he accidentally knocks up his gf and is then forced to start going to shopping with the missus at the weekend instead.

MoorgateRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by MoorgateRoyal » 12 Apr 2018 09:12

Elm Park Kid
Jackson Corner Hugh Grant and Richard Osman are Fulham fans says it all really. Posh boys from the Home Counties with no connection to west London. Your typical Fulham fan really just a pleasent walk along the river from there luxury apartment overlooking the Thames.

tbf - the typical Reading fan now is someone in his 60s who goes each week out of a sense of obligation rather than because he enjoys it.

Either that or a 22 year old paying £145 for a season ticket so that him and a few 'lads' can play at football hooligans on a saturday. Well, until he accidentally knocks up his gf and is then forced to start going to shopping with the missus at the weekend instead.

Speaking from experience, EPK?

I really like the Cottage but Fulham have got right up my nose in the last couple of years, especially their flapping after the play-offs. Whenever we have lost in the semis, or even the final, I feel we have had a bit of class as a club in general. They just seemed to completely lose their shit and are trying to create a huge rivalry between the clubs where one just doesn't exist.

I'd like to see them stay down primarily so we can have another decent away day next year, but also because if they did go up I'd have to read another Guardian jizzfest about their 'dancing playmaker Tom Cairney' (that was a quote after he spent the second leg of the semis last year passing the ball sideways and lumping it up into the box).

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 12 Apr 2018 09:14

:| Richard Osman was born in Essex and Hugh Grant was born and spent his entire life, up until university, in Hammersmith. Not really home counties and Hammersmith, I would say, has a pretty close connection to West London.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 12 Apr 2018 09:20

Jackson Corner just a pleasent walk along the river from there luxury apartment overlooking the Thames.

I'd bite your hand off for that scenario
MoorgateRoyal if they did go up I'd have to read another Guardian jizzfest about their 'dancing playmaker Tom Cairney' (that was a quote after he spent the second leg of the semis last year passing the ball sideways and lumping it up into the box).

:D :D

4464 posts