Opposition fans back from the game

4464 posts
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Opposition fans back from the game

by Snowflake Royal » 11 Nov 2018 00:31

Zip
windermereROYAL Their crap stadium, their kit, the awful parking and the quietest set of fans ever

I just hate them. And I’m not really sure why

Ok 5 visits and never seen us win might have something to do with it

The fans really are the standout when it comes to crap. Surely the worst in the division.

I agree, such a boring club. Their stadium is awful, just another modern stadium off the production line, no identity or history.

The state of that, why are we so hated by everyone?

Its bollocks. No history? We are one of the oldest teams in the history of English history. The stadium is far from awful. The kit? It’s fine. As a fan base we are quiet but other than that oxf*rd what they think

At least we don't charge over £30 quid for the turgid shit we serve up, unlike the Carrot munchers' shit cousins.

Cape Town Royal

by Cape Town Royal » 11 Nov 2018 00:40

Snowflake Royal
Zip
windermereROYAL Their crap stadium, their kit, the awful parking and the quietest set of fans ever

The fans really are the standout when it comes to crap. Surely the worst in the division.

I agree, such a boring club. Their stadium is awful, just another modern stadium off the production line, no identity or history.

Its bollocks. No history? We are one of the oldest teams in the history of English history. The stadium is far from awful. The kit? It’s fine. As a fan base we are quiet but other than that oxf*rd what they think

At least we don't charge over £30 quid for the turgid shit we serve up, unlike the Carrot munchers' shit cousins.

He's just bitter he never came last season! :)

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 11 Nov 2018 07:25

Snowflake Royal
Zip

Hey,

They're the Carrot munchers' prostitute killing shit cousins. Get it right, Ian.

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 11 Nov 2018 09:12

I do take some pride when fans bemoan our “modern” stadium. It’s 20 years old, so therefore it is ageing well.

And they can talk about our kit. I thought they had about 30 players on the pitch as I kept seeing the stewards orange jackets in the corner of my eye. A full hi-viz orange is not a good look imo

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 11 Nov 2018 09:42

You'd think they'd be slightly concerned about their own missing 7,000 home fans too? They can't all be going dressed as blue seats for the last few seasons.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 11 Nov 2018 10:27

Having "history" just means that you were good once but very few of your current fans were alive to witness it and you're now shit.

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 11 Nov 2018 11:54

From Despair To Where? Having "history" just means that you were good once but very few of your current fans were alive to witness it and you're now shit.

Bit like us then?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 11 Nov 2018 12:15

3points
From Despair To Where? Having "history" just means that you were good once but very few of your current fans were alive to witness it and you're now shit.

Bit like us then?

Sadly no. Our good period is way too recent, short and lacking in major silverware.

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 11 Nov 2018 13:29

It was £35 when I went for the worst view in the championship. And whilst Portman Road is an old ground it’s hardly Villa Park and a cauldron of noise. Bearing in mind the utter trip we’ve played the last two seasons it’s amazing anyone bothers to turn up!

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 11 Nov 2018 14:11

Jackson Corner It was £35 when I went for the worst view in the championship. And whilst Portman Road is an old ground it’s hardly Villa Park and a cauldron of noise. Bearing in mind the utter trip we’ve played the last two seasons it’s amazing anyone bothers to turn up!

Soulless identikit bowl seems to be code for well built modern stadium with good facilities from anyone in tired old stadium slung together in bits and pieces.

You know why they all look the same now? Because they're well designed.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 11 Nov 2018 17:05

Second game of the season, second 2-2. Second manager too!

Anyway, in short-

* First half OUTSTANDING. Great shape, tempo, movement. Very impressed.
Clear tactic to have Skuse very central, Downes left and Chalobah wider right. Skuse dropped in at CB at times to start attacks. Good interchanging. Roberts led the line well.

* Second half - out of juice. Reading made changes, we floundered. As soon as Jackson came on, blimey. Seemed to be as good with offside as Kevin Lisbie 10 years ago. Couldn't hold the ball.

WHY second half didn't we leave 1 / 2 half way line? Zero outball. That to me led indirectly to their second goal. They had time on half way when we cleared it....

Also, the ' pace ' in the back 4 - very poor. Soooo slow. A couple of clipped balls first half caused more trouble than they should. Reading had a clear penalty not awarded first half.

We SHOULD have gone 3-1 up, and paid the penalty for not killing the game first half when bossing it.

That first 45, hand on heart, is the best tempo / shape / movement etc / attacking intent I have since since Joe Royle 04/05 days.

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 11 Nov 2018 21:17

Snowflake Royal
Jackson Corner It was £35 when I went for the worst view in the championship. And whilst Portman Road is an old ground it’s hardly Villa Park and a cauldron of noise. Bearing in mind the utter trip we’ve played the last two seasons it’s amazing anyone bothers to turn up!

Soulless identikit bowl seems to be code for well built modern stadium with good facilities from anyone in tired old stadium slung together in bits and pieces.

Your heart may be in the right place, but I'd much rather have a ground that looks like Portman Road than the Madejski. There are duller "new" stadiums out there, but not too many. The location of the ground hardly helps either. It's not a ground many look forward to visiting.

Mr Optimist You'd think they'd be slightly concerned about their own missing 7,000 home fans too? They can't all be going dressed as blue seats for the last few seasons.

7000? Try 14000.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 11 Nov 2018 21:58

tmesis
Snowflake Royal

Your heart may be in the right place, but I'd much rather have a ground that looks like Portman Road than the Madejski. There are duller "new" stadiums out there, but not too many. The location of the ground hardly helps either. It's not a ground many look forward to visiting.

Mr Optimist You'd think they'd be slightly concerned about their own missing 7,000 home fans too? They can't all be going dressed as blue seats for the last few seasons.

7000? Try 14000.

Well, I'll stick to the Mad Stad thanks

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 13 Nov 2018 14:23

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 13 Nov 2018 15:38

Sutekh https://leeds.vitalfootball.co.uk/look-more-and-more-like-stams-reading-some-leeds-fans-react-to-heavy-defeat/

1) obsessed much?
2) Peacocks? - never heard Leeds called that before? :?:

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 13 Nov 2018 22:57

Nothing like the annual Leeds promotion derail.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Nov 2018 23:29

tidus_mi2 Nothing like the annual Leeds promotion derail.

Do you remember when after about two games they were nailed on to break the points record according to some utter melon?

URZZZZZZZZ
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Long knocks it back in.............IT'S READING WHO TAKE A MASSIVE STEP TOWARDS WEMBLEY!!

by URZZZZZZZZ » 14 Nov 2018 07:27

Let’s see if they can manage a top three finish before the comparisons with Stam have any clout.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 14 Nov 2018 09:06

Its a team with a history of starting off like a rocket then blowing up spectacularly, managed by someone who's teams have a history of starting of like a rocket before blowing up spectacularly.

I'm predicting a bottom half finish for Leeds.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 14 Nov 2018 09:38

Snowflake Royal

We may have a soulless identikit bowl but it was one of the first soulless identikit bowls. It's not our fault other clubs nicked our design. :P

4464 posts