Opposition fans back from the game

4464 posts
CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Opposition fans back from the game

by CountryRoyal » 11 Apr 2019 19:06

Yeah they absolutely bottled it, such poor defending allowing an attacking player that much freedom completely unmarked and unchallenged at that stage of the game, where as McCleary was very softly “doubled” up on and easily allowed to pass the ball. Absolutely disgusting defending don’t know why they’re not blaming themselves.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 11 Apr 2019 19:38

Their defending for Rino’s goal was appalling. All stood off - was bizarrely bad

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 11 Apr 2019 19:43

Snowflake Royal Norwich supporting colleague said his son was at the game and said us getting anything was total injustice and we thieved a point.

I laughed and pointed out they spent more than 55 minutes losing and less than 10 winning. We had a game plan, and we executed it nearly perfectly.

It's all well and good being really good and spending most of the game in possession and threatening, but if you don't score, that's your problem. And if you do eventually break through, turn it around and then concede a last minute goal, then it's hardly injustice. How hard is it to see out 10 minutes when you've spent most of the previous 86 camped around our box and are playing someone at the wrong end of the league compared to you who's entire game plan was to try to defend and sneak one.

I'd have led with 'YSSLAFI'

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 11 Apr 2019 19:49

As Dean Ashton said on the highlights last night, they celebrated like they'd won the title when they took the lead, thought they had the game won and switched off.

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 11 Apr 2019 20:07

I love the irony of the time wasting comments when what was the first thing Norwich did after going 2-1 up.....!

The other thing I noticed about last night was what a bunch of freaks their crowd looked like whenever the cameras turned towards the stands. I know we have a few ourselves in that dept but you were hard pushed to stop someone who didn't look like an escaped mental patient at Carrow Road last night.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 11 Apr 2019 20:19

Mr Optimist I love the irony of the time wasting comments when what was the first thing Norwich did after going 2-1 up.....!

The other thing I noticed about last night was what a bunch of freaks their crowd looked like whenever the cameras turned towards the stands. I know we have a few ourselves in that dept but you were hard pushed to stop someone who didn't look like an escaped mental patient at Carrow Road last night.

I once sat in the away end at Wimbledon with the Forest fans. They all looked like the results of a reverse eugenics programme to interbreed siblings and farm animals. It was quite stunning.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 11 Apr 2019 20:52

Think Blackpool were the weirdest bunch of fans I’ve sat with

We are very far from the worst

Cape Town Royal

by Cape Town Royal » 11 Apr 2019 23:11

Hound Think Blackpool were the weirdest bunch of fans I’ve sat with

We are very far from the worst

After our match at Bramall lane was called off late a few years ago we rushed to Chesterfield to watch them play the non league Morecombe in the fa cup... sat behind us were two guys who looked just like the two old guys from the muppet show... Then as the game progressed they proceeded to act just like the two old guys from the muppet show.. priceless!

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 12 Apr 2019 10:03

And what do Blackpool and Chesterfield have in common?

Wheelchair pitch invaders!!

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 12 Apr 2019 10:22

Mr Optimist I love the irony of the time wasting comments when what was the first thing Norwich did after going 2-1 up.....!

I thought it was a stroke of genius that we used the time added on as a result of our own time-wasting to equalise.

Elite shithousery.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 12 Apr 2019 10:44

genome

I thought it was a stroke of genius that we used the time added on as a result of our own time-wasting to equalise.

Elite shithousery.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 12 Apr 2019 10:48

Hound Their defending for Rino’s goal was appalling. All stood off - was bizarrely bad

I watched the highlights back, it's not just Rino. If he had missed it Ejaria was there in even more space. Say what you want about it being a one sided affair, but any team that defends like that in the last minute of the game does not deserve to win a football match. Shocking.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 12 Apr 2019 12:25

CountryRoyal
Hound Their defending for Rino’s goal was appalling. All stood off - was bizarrely bad

I watched the highlights back, it's not just Rino. If he had missed it Ejaria was there in even more space. Say what you want about it being a one sided affair, but any team that defends like that in the last minute of the game does not deserve to win a football match. Shocking.

I don`t actually go with that, yes Rhino was probably given too much space, but the ball from McCleary went though the players legs , and if you see it from behind the goal the shot was very precise right between two defenders where there was very little room. I don`t see much else Norwich could have done.

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 12 Apr 2019 12:31

windermereROYAL
CountryRoyal

I don`t actually go with that, yes Rhino was probably given too much space, but the ball from McCleary went though the players legs , and if you see it from behind the goal the shot was very precise right between two defenders where there was very little room. I don`t see much else Norwich could have done.

If Pukki had put away one or two of the half dozen decent chances he had during the game, our 97 minute goal would've been an irrelevance. He didn't, and that is why he is playing in the Championship for Norwich and not a similar sized club like Palace or Southampton in the premier league already.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 12 Apr 2019 12:57

windermereROYAL
CountryRoyal

What, other than let someone inside the area have all the time in the world to line up a free shot on goal?

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 12 Apr 2019 13:05

Hound
windermereROYAL
CountryRoyal

What, other than let someone inside the area have all the time in the world to line up a free shot on goal?

I reckon the man who initially tried to close down Rinomhota when he picked it up initially but then gave up and stood still could have tracked his run.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 14 Apr 2019 01:05

http://www.griffinpark.org/forums/showt ... p?t=131864

Not very complimentary to us, many calling us "rubbish opposition" or "shouldn't be losing to teams like Reading". Funny that, that's twice this season they think they have a divine right to just walk over us

End of the day, we blew them apart in the first 30 minutes and then took the foot off the gas

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 14 Apr 2019 08:32

URZZZZ http://www.griffinpark.org/forums/showthread.php?t=131864

Not very complimentary to us, many calling us "rubbish opposition" or "shouldn't be losing to teams like Reading". Funny that, that's twice this season they think they have a divine right to just walk over us

End of the day, we blew them apart in the first 30 minutes and then took the foot off the gas

It seems you don't have to have won a European title 40 years ago or the FA cup in the 1920s to come out with the usual cobblers, plastic fans that support two clubs, blah blah blah. I also love the way the little club from the edge of London/Middlesex see themselves as great metropolitan sophisticates and we are all pikey caravan dwellers! I think they are just bitter that we have grown as a club from an old Division 3 club with a ramshackle old ground, in a town that always had massive potential to develop and support it, and have spent nearly two decades in the top two tiers, even tasting the top division twice. Meanwhile, in their sliding doors moment in 2001 they have stayed mainly the similar Division 3 club in a tiny ground watching on with green eyes while we have enjoyed the high life, thinking that could've been us.

It will be interesting to see what potential Brentford have in their own shiny new stadium soon. Will they overtake more prestigious neighbours like QPR, possibly, Fulham, unlikely. Will they go through periods of attracting bigger crowds they almost certainly will, but will their additional fans be plastics if so?

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 14 Apr 2019 09:20

Have to laugh at the person on there who said that Ref was a "Homer".

He gave them absolutely everything, including failing to give us a free kick in the lead up to the free kick that got them back into the game.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 14 Apr 2019 10:17

It’s a shame fans from other clubs don’t give Reading just a little bit of credit for Twenty’s Plenty. They don’t get ripped off like they do by some other clubs.

4464 posts