4464 posts
Hound
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Opposition fans back from the game

by Hound » 02 Jan 2019 18:15

muirinho
Denver Royal
PistolPete From the Swansea forum:
'The BBC stats would indicate that it wasn't as one-sided as the scoreline would suggest - possession R58/S42 shots R16/S8 on target R5/S5 corners R7/S1.

Unfortunate that more of this isn't posted by our own fans...

Maybe because we were there? Some of our "shots on target" were gentle dribbles towards the goal keeper. Yes they were pretty clinical with their first few chances, but they also missed some clear cut chances later on. Could have been 5 or 6.

Not really - They had 5 chances in the game and scored 4...I can’t think of another time they got anywhere near our goal

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 02 Jan 2019 18:43

Hound
muirinho
Denver Royal Unfortunate that more of this isn't posted by our own fans...

Maybe because we were there? Some of our "shots on target" were gentle dribbles towards the goal keeper. Yes they were pretty clinical with their first few chances, but they also missed some clear cut chances later on. Could have been 5 or 6.

Not really - They had 5 chances in the game and scored 4...I can’t think of another time they got anywhere near our goal

There's one in the highlights where Swift played them in. But that might be one of your five.

Plus, when you're 1-0 up after a minute and 3-0 up at HT, you don't really need to push hard, or even really bother trying in the second half.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 02 Jan 2019 19:15

Yep that was the fifth - but that led directly to the pen anyway

Agree they didn’t need to push, but just not really true to say they looked like scoring any more. They had 5 chances and scored 4

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 02 Jan 2019 20:10

Maybe it makes up for the match in 1989 at the Vetch, when Swansea absolutely battered us for much of the game, yet we won 6-1.

(3-0 up early on, they pulled it back to 3-1 on half an hour. They then attacked non-stop until about 20 minutes from the end, when we broke and added a 4th, followed by a 5th and 6th not too long after).

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 03 Jan 2019 07:00

tmesis Maybe it makes up for the match in 1989 at the Vetch, when Swansea absolutely battered us for much of the game, yet we won 6-1.

(3-0 up early on, they pulled it back to 3-1 on half an hour. They then attacked non-stop until about 20 minutes from the end, when we broke and added a 4th, followed by a 5th and 6th not too long after).

I think Chris Coleman was playing centre back for Swansea that day. It was a lively walk back to the train station afterwards. The natives were definitely restless!

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 03 Jan 2019 19:00

Mr Optimist
tmesis Maybe it makes up for the match in 1989 at the Vetch, when Swansea absolutely battered us for much of the game, yet we won 6-1.

I think Chris Coleman was playing centre back for Swansea that day. It was a lively walk back to the train station afterwards. The natives were definitely restless!

I remember some lad on the train, a Reading fan, had gone to the game wearing an England shirt. He had blood running down his face, splattering his shirt, from a cut over his eye where somebody had whacked him...and he was still smiling.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 14 Jan 2019 11:06

A lot of prickly Forest fans this weekend blaming the ref. It's easy to say as a Reading fan but I don't know how they can complain with both reds (Murphy could even have gone for his wild lunge too).

Ref was shocking today. So inconsistent. Punished fouls by Forest by let similar ones off for Reading. Very poor from Forest today against a poor Reading side but ref's performance certainly led to their frustration and ultimately red cards.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 14 Jan 2019 11:11

The Forest fans have been having a bit of a meltdown. They aren't too fond of us for some reason.

Another season dropping to bits at some non descript footballing backwater with the locals laughing at us.

oxf*rd oxf*rd. Just utterly oxf*rd gutted to have thrown away points so abjectly at a game we could have easily won, especially in a season where away games are our bread & butter point acru-ers.

Thanks Calvin. After listening to the game on Radio Nottingham yesterday I didn't expect to find any comments as I didn't think there were any Reading fans to comment. There was a point in the commentary when I thought I heard a pin drop in the ground.

Not sure who their centre mid was who went off near the end but he must've committed 10 fouls and somehow escaped a yellow! Colback on the other end, 1 tackle and 1 yellow card! The ref was shocking! Murphy took his frustration out when getting a yellow - he'd been wrestled to the floor and somehow the ref didn't give a free kick.

Piss easy away ground for me but I’m fed up of it, like Groundhog Day every time we visit. Time for them to go down and I’m pissed off we made it so easy for them.

Well I’ve had a night to sleep on it and a good breakfast after the abject capitulation of our team yesterday. It was without doubt one of the most pathetic performances against one of the poorest teams we will face in this leauge.

And Reading were/are absolutely awful. It's time they were in the 3rd division.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 14 Jan 2019 11:13

John Smith A lot of prickly Forest fans this weekend blaming the ref. It's easy to say as a Reading fan but I don't know how they can complain with both reds (Murphy could even have gone for his wild lunge too).

Ref was shocking today. So inconsistent. Punished fouls by Forest by let similar ones off for Reading. Very poor from Forest today against a poor Reading side but ref's performance certainly led to their frustration and ultimately red cards.

Just the sort of report that you would expect from our fans or any clubs' fans when they have lost.
It never ceases to amaze me how so many fans only ever see a game through RTGs and often haven't the faintest idea who has played for the other team.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 14 Jan 2019 11:14

They have been in meltdown mode on social media all weekend, still going now. They genuinely think they are some sort of footballing superpower.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 14 Jan 2019 11:27

Old Man Andrews They have been in meltdown mode on social media all weekend, still going now. They genuinely think they are some sort of footballing superpower.

Years and years of frustration I suppose.
Don't forget they have won the European Cup more times than Chelsea, Spurs and Arsenal put together and just one less than Man Utd.
So I suppose thinking that they had a chance of promotion and getting back to where they feel they belong losing at Reading (after just sacking the manager who has got them into a challenging position) is difficult to take when you see us languishing so close to the bottom.

Such is life for the football fan-up one minute, down the next even if, in Forest's case, it is not down the next minute, more like 50 years!!!

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 14 Jan 2019 11:41

Old Man Andrews They have been in meltdown mode on social media all weekend, still going now. They genuinely think they are some sort of footballing superpower.

You know clubs are irrelevant when they bang on about history. Honestly, who cares what you won 30 years ago, most people who mention it probably weren't even alive at that point, Forest are one of those clubs forever destined to rot in the championship

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 14 Jan 2019 11:59

they come across as the usual bunch of football fan cry babies.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 14 Jan 2019 12:16

They were successful a long time ago because they had a genius of a manager.

They didn't do a lot before Clough apart from a couple of FA Cups, 1 in the 19th century and 1958 and also a first division runners up spot in the 60's. They've done even less after Clough. I wonder what Clough would have made of this Forest team turning into prime 70's dirty Leeds.

Granted that's more major honours than we've had but at least we're alive to see the success our club has had.

As for ground atmosphere, from my experience going there this season, the term "you only sing when you're winning" was invented for the City Ground.
Last edited by sandman on 14 Jan 2019 13:38, edited 1 time in total.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 14 Jan 2019 12:25

@shellby1978 on twitter Everyone who travelled to Reading should get a refund #nffc
Why not take it further and offer to refund tickets for every season they didn't win the European Cup?

TiagoIlori

by TiagoIlori » 14 Jan 2019 13:34

Richly amused seeing fellow Reading fans take the piss out the forest fans and wind them up, to the point they’ve dug out a “club song” that was released 4 years ago by an owner that no longer has much say in the football club and resorted to saying “you’re going down” as if that’s supposed to offend someone.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 14 Jan 2019 13:37

TiagoIlori Richly amused seeing fellow Reading fans take the piss out the forest fans and wind them up, to the point they’ve dug out a “club song” that was released 4 years ago by an owner that no longer has much say in the football club and resorted to saying “you’re going down” as if that’s supposed to offend someone.

Former European Cup finalists and Semi finalists, Forest and Leeds, are curiously obsessed with "little" Reading.

Actually embarrassed for them.

Fezza

by Fezza » 14 Jan 2019 13:47

sandman
TiagoIlori Richly amused seeing fellow Reading fans take the piss out the forest fans and wind them up, to the point they’ve dug out a “club song” that was released 4 years ago by an owner that no longer has much say in the football club and resorted to saying “you’re going down” as if that’s supposed to offend someone.

Former European Cup finalists and Semi finalists, Forest and Leeds, are curiously obsessed with "little" Reading.

Actually embarrassed for them.

Forest at least are 6 years older than us (unpleasant older sibling).

Leeds are from some sort of third marriage after the first World War, we have significantly more "History" than them!

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 14 Jan 2019 14:00

Interesting couple of facts. Forest have not played in the premier league since 1999, 20 years ago.

In the last 20 years little old Reading have been promoted to the Premier league twice.

The last time Reading played at Division 3 level was 2002.

The last time Forest played in the Third Division was 2008.

Usual cry baby fan response to losing to RFC. Plastic or no fans, no atmosphere, modern identikit soulless out of town stadium. You would think they would be used to losing by now but still insist on giving the same tired and clueless comments. The reason they lost on Saturday was Reading were better on the day.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 14 Jan 2019 14:19

the only thing worse than opposition fans of a club that used to be big harking on about history, is reading fans responding by trying to prove that we are bigger than them in some way

4464 posts