Opposition fans back from the game

4464 posts
From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Opposition fans back from the game

by From Despair To Where? » 15 Jan 2019 07:12

Snowflake Royal I've just rewatched the highlights because of this argument and I can't say I think there's much the ref got bang on.

Fox - could easily have seen a straight red
Richards - slightly more control but a worse challenge, couldn't complain at red
Murphy - a straight red, looks like intent and worse than Darikwa's
Fox - obviously they don't show the whole melee, but the bit they do show he's trying to restrain people but someone else piles in near him aggressively... Makes me wonder about mistaken identity... that's just the highlights tho, maybe something is missing.
Darikwa - doesn't look too bad to me, off the ground but both feet seem to go wide of Loader who he seems to catch with the flat of his leg, looks less bad than either Richards or Fox's to me.

The bit I've seen shows Fox placing both hands on someone's (Moore?) chest and shoving him, all done right in front of ref. Second yellow at the very least all day long.

The others are subjective and whilst I'm no apologist for referees, he sees it once, in real time and has to make an immediate judgement on seriousness and intent.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 15 Jan 2019 07:37

From Despair To Where?
Snowflake Royal I've just rewatched the highlights because of this argument and I can't say I think there's much the ref got bang on.

Fox - could easily have seen a straight red
Richards - slightly more control but a worse challenge, couldn't complain at red
Murphy - a straight red, looks like intent and worse than Darikwa's
Fox - obviously they don't show the whole melee, but the bit they do show he's trying to restrain people but someone else piles in near him aggressively... Makes me wonder about mistaken identity... that's just the highlights tho, maybe something is missing.
Darikwa - doesn't look too bad to me, off the ground but both feet seem to go wide of Loader who he seems to catch with the flat of his leg, looks less bad than either Richards or Fox's to me.

The bit I've seen shows Fox placing both hands on someone's (Moore?) chest and shoving him, all done right in front of ref. Second yellow at the very least all day long.

The others are subjective and whilst I'm no apologist for referees, he sees it once, in real time and has to make an immediate judgement on seriousness and intent.

Oh yeah hard job. Those were all my first reaction at full speed though.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 15 Jan 2019 08:37

Zip I think we will see an extension of Article 50 as May goes back to Brussels yet again.I don’t think we will get a second Referendum under this Government nor is a General Election likely.
In the end I can see a soft Brexit being negotiated which will include our staying in the Customs Union meaning the backstop issue goes away.

:oops: Wrong thread.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 15 Jan 2019 09:32

Zip
Denver Royal
Zip I think we will see an extension of Article 50 as May goes back to Brussels yet again.I don’t think we will get a second Referendum under this Government nor is a General Election likely.
In the end I can see a soft Brexit being negotiated which will include our staying in the Customs Union meaning the backstop issue goes away.

Lolz, it’s all Clement’s fault!

(Btw, hope May comes back with more than Cameron did:))

I’m not sure what’s more idiotic. Trump or Brexit.

Clearly needs a poll (with Ian Royal option)

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 15 Jan 2019 09:52

Zip

No Zip
These people need to oxf*rd hear it, goddamnit
they've had their heads in the sand long enough

Royal & Ancient
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal & Ancient » 15 Jan 2019 12:00

Thanks Denver.
Still about (just!). Gave up my S.T. Couple of years ago partly because of the “dross” but mainly health as I seem to have contracted a brain disease which has affected my speech,mobility and not much point in going if you can’t shout at the ref/linesman/players (not ours,of course!). But follow on radio/T.V.etc - and of course on here although I don’t contribute much as some of the humour has gone and the technical talk leaves me behind.
So from 1947 onward! Happy New Year to you all.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 15 Jan 2019 18:05

Snowball
Zip
Denver Royal Lolz, it’s all Clement’s fault!

(Btw, hope May comes back with more than Cameron did:))

I’m not sure what’s more idiotic. Trump or Brexit.

Clearly needs a poll (with Ian Royal option)

No Poll needed there, anyone can tell you the winner.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 15 Jan 2019 18:08

Maneki Neko
Zip

No Zip
These people need to oxf*rd hear it, goddamnit
they've had their heads in the sand long enough

I’m off to AE to check your thoughts on Forest’s twatty fans in the politics thread :arrow:

Royality creeps In
Hob Nob Regular

by Royality creeps In » 03 Mar 2019 10:59

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 03 Mar 2019 13:57

I honestly don't believe any of that happened, I've heard nothing reported and noons on here mentioned it.
They sound like a right bunch of snowflake pansies.
And what's this "supporting Leeds and half and half scalves. Pathetic bunch. A small club in decline who will find their level in league 1.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 03 Mar 2019 14:01

Royality creeps In https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/454555/mannings/#25

Anyone on here?

Vicotry on the pitch and in the terraces etc

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 03 Mar 2019 14:02

Ascotexgunner I honestly don't believe any of that happened, I've heard nothing reported and noons on here mentioned it.
And what's this "supporting Leeds and half and half scalves. Pathetic bunch. A small club in decline who will find their level in league 1.

Was it last year in this thread where I saw posts of them banging on about how big a club they were cause they were in Europe 20 years ago? :lol:

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 03 Mar 2019 14:30

Yeah, the 70s and 80s where they somehow managed to put a decent team together and won an FA Cup and European Trophy. I remember them having a chance to win the league but they went to anfield and messed that up....A team very much living in the past.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 03 Mar 2019 14:47

I reckon theyll spend no more than about 5 seasons in League One... probably 2 / 3 and come back stronger.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 03 Mar 2019 15:25

To be fair, there`s thread on there about Nelson giving them some and calling for a 2nd yellow card, but the majority of posters are siding up for him. just saying he got a lot of stick so he was just giving it back to them.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 03 Mar 2019 18:10

On first viewing thought he could have got a yellow for the celebration . On seeing the crowd abuse, our mate the ref actually did the right thing and let it go

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 03 Mar 2019 18:42

Ascotexgunner I honestly don't believe any of that happened, I've heard nothing reported and noons on here mentioned it.

Yeah we have the most inoffensive fan base ever. Maybe someone threw an avocado or something but that’s about all I can imagine.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 03 Mar 2019 18:45

CountryRoyal

Yeah we have the most inoffensive fan base ever. Maybe someone threw an avocado or something but that’s about all I can imagine.

Or maybe dusted some quinoa on the pavement to make it a little slippy

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 03 Mar 2019 19:18

Hound On first viewing thought he could have got a yellow for the celebration . On seeing the crowd abuse, our mate the ref actually did the right thing and let it go

I generally don't like seeing players react like that. But in our rather wet placid side, I'm pretty happy to see someone witha bit of fire in their belly who also seems to be in control of themselves.

And I do think that if the fans want to dish it out they need to be able to take it back too.

Basildon

by Basildon » 04 Mar 2019 12:53

https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/454526/i-hate-it-when-we-lose-to-reading./#6

'Tinpot', 'pointless', 'nothing club'. Standard response to a defeat to Reading

4464 posts