Opposition fans back from the game

4486 posts
From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Opposition fans back from the game

by From Despair To Where? » 02 Apr 2017 19:02

I liked Stam's response about it, basically "didn't see it, others have said it was bad. I don't believe any player would go out to deliberately stamp on someone's head but I'll let the pictures speak for themselves".

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 02 Apr 2017 19:10

stealthpapes
From Despair To Where? Thing is, Yann was right, we marked Woods out of the game and they offered nothing. For all Monk's talk of a good second half and nobody begrudging them a point, I don't remember them creating anything. They pressurised us but absolutely no end product.

Watching the football league show, it was interesting to hear Neil Redfern come out with the "Liam Cooper's not that sort of player" defence. In fairness to George Reilly, who is a Leeds fan himself, he did come back with "Surely making that sort of challenge does kind of make you that sort of player"

yeah, he was straight in with that, a nice touch.

Only because it was Liam Cooper who they don't even rate. If it was Pontus Janssen I can guarantee it would be a completely different story.

mot

by mot » 02 Apr 2017 19:12

:lol:
CountryRoyal
stealthpapes
From Despair To Where? Thing is, Yann was right, we marked Woods out of the game and they offered nothing. For all Monk's talk of a good second half and nobody begrudging them a point, I don't remember them creating anything. They pressurised us but absolutely no end product.

Watching the football league show, it was interesting to hear Neil Redfern come out with the "Liam Cooper's not that sort of player" defence. In fairness to George Reilly, who is a Leeds fan himself, he did come back with "Surely making that sort of challenge does kind of make you that sort of player"

Only because it was Liam Cooper who they don't even rate. If it was Pontus Janssen I can guarantee it would be a completely different story.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 02 Apr 2017 19:18

Saying I'm wrong?

Jesus wept, if you're representative of most Leeds fans than 'kin el you're even more deluded than Brighton. Anyway match is over now fella so you can piss off back to one of your many inbred Leeds forums and rejoice with your fellow peasants and reminisce about how times were so much better in yesteryear.

Look forward (not) to when you're back on here for the playoffs.

Tard.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 02 Apr 2017 19:19

CountryRoyal
stealthpapes

Did you see it? I don't think the player's identity had any bearing on Reilly's comment. Redfern was trying to make excuses but Reilly's tone was very much "no justification, that's inexcuseable".

The whistle had gone for an earlier foul a good couple of seconds before the stamp which is probably why the officials missed it.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 02 Apr 2017 19:25

From Despair To Where?
CountryRoyal
stealthpapes

Did you see it? I don't think the player's identity had any bearing on Reilly's comment. Redfern was trying to make excuses but Reilly's tone was very much "no justification, that's inexcuseable".

The whistle had gone for an earlier foul a good couple of seconds before the stamp which is probably why the officials missed it.

No I don't watch the FLS. Fair enough if you think so, I do suspect there are a lot of Leeds fans out there who wouldn't be so quick to criticize if it was a fan favorite.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 02 Apr 2017 19:28

Yeah, but when you make a judgement in reference to a clip you haven't seen it does leave you open to looking a bit of a twat. We've already got mot, we don't need another.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 02 Apr 2017 19:31

From Despair To Where? Yeah, but when you make a judgement in reference to a clip you haven't seen it does leave you open to looking a bit of a twat.

Once a twat always a twat so I can't really say I'm surprised or offended. :wink:

WAZZOCK

by WAZZOCK » 02 Apr 2017 22:35

tidus_mi2 If history made clubs big, Leeds wouldn't even be one of the biggest in England, their history consists of a few good years in the 70s and then an unexpected title win in the early 90s. Of course by comparison to ourselves it is much better but looking at recent history, we've certainly had the better of it.

They certainly are a club who harp on about their past glories, definitely always hear about the almosts, runners up to Bayern, semi-final to Valencia.

Perhaps a more telling part of their history is being runners up to Watford and Doncaster.

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 03 Apr 2017 08:13

Lot of challenges bottled today and we struggled to hold the ball up. Coward doukara did very well when he came on. Bit frustrating with the goal but they had plenty of chances. On to Brentford.

We were second best, so lets hope we react in the right manner. Still everything to play for.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 03 Apr 2017 09:35

CountryRoyal Jesus wept, if you're representative of most Leeds fans than 'kin el you're even more deluded than Brighton.

Yeah to be honest, on the evidence of the last week in particular, and their bleating since the Elland Road game, I'd say they just about pip Brighton to the most ridiculous fans in the Championship.

Binfield Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Binfield Royal » 03 Apr 2017 13:24

John Madejski's Wallet
stealthpapes The absolute state of this

https://roblufc.org/2017/04/02/reading- ... -atkinson/

bloody he'll, where to start :lol:

Just deluded. No grasp on reality whatsoever.

A wise man once said

"an ant has no quarrel with a boot..."

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 03 Apr 2017 14:39

Binfield Royal
John Madejski's Wallet
stealthpapes The absolute state of this

https://roblufc.org/2017/04/02/reading- ... -atkinson/

bloody he'll, where to start :lol:

Just deluded. No grasp on reality whatsoever.

A wise man once said

"We all hate Leeds scum..."

Corrected for you

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 04 Apr 2017 16:55

From Despair To Where? Yeah, but when you make a judgement in reference to a clip you haven't seen it does leave you open to looking a bit of a twat. We've already got mot, we don't need another.

Needle

by Needle » 15 Apr 2017 20:52

I kid you not

Today we were the better side, we played the better football and we made the better chances

https://www.villatalk.com/topic/16362-r ... ng/?page=2

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 15 Apr 2017 22:56

https://www.villatalk.com/topic/16362-r ... v-reading/

Reading added to the frustration, as did the referee. If Reading go up this season, they should come with a note of apology - this was as negative a side as I've seen in a long time (and I watch us) they were time wasting after 23 minutes at a point in the game where they weren't winning. I don't think I've seen that before - when they got their penalty with 11 minutes to go, I did worry there might not be long enough left for them to take it. Defensively their tactic seemed to be to grab hold of a Villa striker, wrap your arms around him and hold on for dear life until the ball went away - they did that all game. Throw in's took forever, goal kicks involved impromptu drinks breaks, there were conversations over free kicks, ours and theirs - it was incredible an incredibly negative, anti-football that ruined the game as a spectacle - although it did help them win, so I guess they'll be happy enough. Personally I hope they don't go up. Ever.

All of this basically. I've heard a few people say jaap stam is the kind of manager we should go for! Hahahahaha. If that is how you want our villa to play then so be it. Reading were an absolute joke today. And like you, I don't want them to go up purely based on today! It was everything football shouldn't be.

I'm not not able to accept the total nonsense that "Reading are a good side". We're Aston Villa ffs. We deserve better.

Reading were anti-football

They were amazingly open today- if they get promoted and if they play the same in the prem they would get hammered most weeks. Stam has done a great job given the budget, but for this side to be 4th shows how poor this league is.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 15 Apr 2017 23:25

To moan about us being up there despite being apparently shit while totally missing the irony that they themselves have seriously underachieved this season. Certainly isn't the first time we've been accused of time wasting early on, I wonder if our patient, possession game just looks like time wasting.

Ark Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Ark Royal » 15 Apr 2017 23:36

Yet more "...we're Premier League and should be hammering teams like..." fans who are so far up their own arses, the only thing they can see are their own tonsils. Fine. Love it.

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 15 Apr 2017 23:45

Very similar comments to a lot of the Sheff Weds ones too. They clearly don't have the benefit of watching us week in, week out. Our throw in and goal kicks are always that slow, from the first to 90th minutes, home and away. Even if we're a goal down. Oh well. Fair comment about us being quite open though, as we have been many times this season, especially last weekend.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 15 Apr 2017 23:54

I did enjoy the complaint about the poor standard of league, yet Villa have spent £70m and are 12th :lol:

Shambles of a club.

4486 posts