4464 posts
Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Opposition fans back from the game

by Pepe the Horseman » 05 Nov 2017 08:46

genome
bobby1413
double d :lol:

I have noticed one thing on these posts, that all other team forums look absolutely crap compared to ours

Absolutely agree.

But please don't post or act like you do here on other forums.

Or this one, in fact

:)

marlowuk

by marlowuk » 18 Nov 2017 20:17

18th November - Home to Wolves - some extracts from their MolineuxMix forum.

"We're usually just better than the opposition, today was luck though. Not too many other games this season where we have won and it's not been deserved."

"we scored two great goals and played some nice stuff but if I was a reading fan i would feel robbed of a draw. they had chance after chance and we seemed charmed."

"We rode our luck at times but we have so much quality going forward we'll always be in the game. Ruddy's save at one nil was incredible and was the turning point of the game. If that had gone in it might have changed things."

"Wow. That was tough, great three points."

"I thought Reading deserved the win to be honest. Ruddy really keeping us in it, especially with those two saves at the end."

"Reading deserved a draw, so great three points!"

"Reading have been in great form recently - they should be top 6 easily based on that, though their early season form may have put paid to that. So first and foremost that was a very good away win indeed."

"Thoroughly undeserved, but it's going to be like that at times."

Some honest and humble comments for a change!!

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 18 Nov 2017 21:08

Pretty much reflects how my Dad and I saw the game as well, although I feel the Wolves fans are probably being a bit modest.

oldebiscuit

by oldebiscuit » 18 Nov 2017 21:47

I have noticed one thing on these posts, that all other team forums look absolutely crap compared to ours

But every forum has a simpleton like you.
You even slag of yourself and your alter ego’s.
Now behave dave Royal.

WAZZOCK

by WAZZOCK » 18 Nov 2017 21:57

Wins like the one Wolves enjoyed today tend to go your way when you're towards the top of the table. It's almost like you're so used to the habit of winning and being in game that it's just second nature. In all the seasons where we've done well or got promoted we have benefitted from wins where we didn't really deserve them, we were just on the receiving end today.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 19 Nov 2017 00:03

WAZZOCK Wins like the one Wolves enjoyed today tend to go your way when you're towards the top of the table. It's almost like you're so used to the habit of winning and being in game that it's just second nature. In all the seasons where we've done well or got promoted we have benefitted from wins where we didn't really deserve them, we were just on the receiving end today.

So this one doesn’t fcuking count?

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 19 Nov 2017 00:05

oldebiscuit

Now behave dave Royal.

Not being funny here, but your response to DD makes you look more of a retard than DD. Which is alarming.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 20 Nov 2017 12:09

Wolves Forum...

I was sat with son and missus on the upper tier GU1 right in the corner by the Wolves fans at the front rail. Had some hassle from this one Reading fan. Others knew we were Wolves, but they but didn't seem to care one jot! This bloke though was acting intimidating and in a threatening manner towards me and son all game. I did give some back towards the end, after he started again though.! Then we scored again. By this time he was at boiling point and went over to the stewards telling them we were Wolves and saying we`d threatened him-which we didn't. I`d had a few ales mind! Stewards came over and asked us if we`re Wolves fans, (now I have a strong Midlands accent still) but my son quickly answered in his pompey accent `do I sound like a Wolves fan`. Stewards looked bemused and left it at that! Idiot bloke stood by exit till the end offering us outside! We ignored it and celebrated at the end. Almost spoilt an otherwise good day out.

WAZZOCK

by WAZZOCK » 20 Nov 2017 12:36

leon
WAZZOCK Wins like the one Wolves enjoyed today tend to go your way when you're towards the top of the table. It's almost like you're so used to the habit of winning and being in game that it's just second nature. In all the seasons where we've done well or got promoted we have benefitted from wins where we didn't really deserve them, we were just on the receiving end today.

So this one doesn’t fcuking count?

Sorry, what are you wanging on about?

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 20 Nov 2017 13:26

leon
oldebiscuit

Now behave dave Royal.

Not being funny here, but your response to DD makes you look more of a retard than DD. Which is alarming.
Don't reply, it might be contagious.... oh crap :shock:

oldebiscuit

by oldebiscuit » 20 Nov 2017 21:12

leon
oldebiscuit

Now behave dave Royal.

I can assure you that i am not, in fact, it's not possible.

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 21 Nov 2017 08:27

paultheroyal Wolves Forum...

I was sat with son and missus on the upper tier GU1 right in the corner by the Wolves fans at the front rail. Had some hassle from this one Reading fan. Others knew we were Wolves, but they but didn't seem to care one jot! This bloke though was acting intimidating and in a threatening manner towards me and son all game. I did give some back towards the end, after he started again though.! Then we scored again. By this time he was at boiling point and went over to the stewards telling them we were Wolves and saying we`d threatened him-which we didn't. I`d had a few ales mind! Stewards came over and asked us if we`re Wolves fans, (now I have a strong Midlands accent still) but my son quickly answered in his pompey accent `do I sound like a Wolves fan`. Stewards looked bemused and left it at that! Idiot bloke stood by exit till the end offering us outside! We ignored it and celebrated at the end. Almost spoilt an otherwise good day out.

A bit, OK very sad, as the bloke was minding his own business and was sat with his kid, but nothing that doesn't happen up and down the country at loads of grounds every week. Doesn't make it right. In my opinion the reason why UK football fans cannot sit together is down to years of segregation and away fans only areas. If we did away with that over the years this would go.

Same thing happened with fences, it was almost that the fencing encouraged a certain way of behaviour and it was then a challenge to escape over the fences! We took the fences down and much to most people's fears that trouble would increase the opposite happened. Treat people with respect and they will return it.

That said, the tribalism and passion is a lot of what makes the atmosphere at football, and would that go without segregating fans. God only knows all other fun at football is being sucked out.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 21 Nov 2017 09:30

Mr Optimist That said, the tribalism and passion is a lot of what makes the atmosphere at football, and would that go without segregating fans. God only knows all other fun at football is being sucked out.

I don't think hurling and football (Gaelic) in Ireland, OR Rugby (here or in Ireland) lack tribalism and passion. You don't need to segregate fans for that. However there are pluses and minuses with the two approaches.

From my experience of watching hurling and football, because fans aren't segregated, people make more of an effort to show their support visibly- if you don't have home and away ends, you need to make yourself stand out so your team knows you're there. So there are lots and lots of flags. More of a spectacle.

But - you don't get the chants you get with soccer, because you don't have an area where they can start.

I'd keep the segregation during the game - I think it's part of the tradition. But separation before and after matches is a bit silly I think. One of the things I like about the Royal Rendezvous is the fact that home and away supporters are mingling quite naturally, and without even a hint of trouble, before the game.

Sebastian the Red

by Sebastian the Red » 21 Nov 2017 10:07

I would actually start going to football matches again if it was more like going to rugby matches - both in terms of atmosphere and clientele.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 21 Nov 2017 10:47

muirinho
Mr Optimist That said, the tribalism and passion is a lot of what makes the atmosphere at football, and would that go without segregating fans. God only knows all other fun at football is being sucked out.

I don't think hurling and football (Gaelic) in Ireland, OR Rugby (here or in Ireland) lack tribalism and passion. You don't need to segregate fans for that. However there are pluses and minuses with the two approaches.

I've been to an All-Ireland Gaelic final...pretty flat atmosphere to be fair. Been to a Champions League final and the Bayern fans whistling when a corner was taken was painful it was so loud

Quite like the pantomime nature of football crowds but obvs that comes at a price (i.e. lots of morons taking it too far)

BR2
Hob Nob Regular

by BR2 » 21 Nov 2017 11:28

Sebastian the Red I would actually start going to football matches again if it was more like going to rugby matches - both in terms of atmosphere and clientele.

So you prefer to go where everybody is pissed rather than just some pissed?
Do you also enjoy the tedious singing of Sweet Chariot at England games?
I don't think we want your sort at any of our games. :wink:

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 21 Nov 2017 11:56

BR2
Sebastian the Red I would actually start going to football matches again if it was more like going to rugby matches - both in terms of atmosphere and clientele.

Don't think I've ever been to a rugby match without some fool spilling beer over me when a try gets scored. So,. not keen on removing the alcohol ban, to be quite honest.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 21 Nov 2017 13:11

muirinho
BR2

Don't think I've ever been to a rugby match without some fool spilling beer over me when a try gets scored. So,. not keen on removing the alcohol ban, to be quite honest.

Can you still buy beers on the concourse throughout a whole football match at Madejski? I remember that being a revelation my matchday experience when it was introduced but haven't been much this season...

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 22 Nov 2017 07:58

Anyway, bollocks to rugby, some Bolton fan said this

Reading really upped their game after we went two up and the signs were there for the remainder of the first half that we were still in a game. Barrow, Aluko and Blackett all stood out for them.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 22 Nov 2017 08:16

he didn't say why Blackett stood out for us ;)

4464 posts