The Academy/Development squads watch thread 2015//16

7490 posts
Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: The Academy/Development squads watch thread 2015//16

by Sutekh » 22 Dec 2017 09:06

CountryRoyal Rinomhota signs til 2021.

Zimbabwe are after him to play for them at international level instead of England

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 22 Dec 2017 09:59

Sutekh

Zimbabwe are after him to play for them at international level instead of England

Hopefully we should get a decent fee for him now then.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 22 Dec 2017 11:10

Pepe the Horseman
Sutekh

Hopefully we should get a decent fee for him now then.

There's no transfer fees for international teams silly!

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 22 Dec 2017 14:10

Hound
muirinho New contract and loan from January (to Coventry) for Josh Barrett

https://twitter.com/ReadingFC/status/943798286678446081

good move all round I think.

He definitely has something about him. Whether he is quite up to Champ level, not too sure, but he has time to develop

+1, no real room for him in the first team and a decent chance to show what he's got at a decent level for a team we know a bit about and have some links with.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 01 Jan 2018 09:27

Jake Sheppard loaned to Guiseley for the rest of the season.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 04 Jan 2018 10:47

New contracts until 2020 for Osho and McIntyre. Missed that one yesterday

Haven't seen McIntyre, but Osho looked a good prospect

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 04 Jan 2018 11:02

Hound New contracts until 2020 for Osho and McIntyre. Missed that one yesterday

I can't remember ever seeing McIntyre live, but I know he was very highly rated before his injury knocked him out for an age. I think at one stage they thought he wouldn't be able to play professionally again?

Absolutely delighted he's got the new contract, they've obviously got faith he'll get back on track.

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 04 Jan 2018 13:21

U23’s home to Brighton at the Madstad on Monday evening January 8th KO 7pm

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 04 Jan 2018 16:14

I'm hearing Rob Dickie to Oxford Utd on loan. Correction, permanent deal undisclosed fee.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 04 Jan 2018 16:44

Norfolk Royal I'm hearing Rob Dickie to Oxford Utd on loan. Correction, permanent deal undisclosed fee.

In some ways that surprises me as every time I have seen Dickie play I ave been impressed. However, the club policy seems to be that if players have not got into our first team squad by age 20/21 that we let them go such as Fosu, Keown etc. Perhaps it is best for both them and us if they are let go at around that age to see if they can build careers at the lower level. Presumably we will get a sell on fee if they do move up in the future.

As for McIntyre he has looked very useful the couple of times I have seen him play.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 04 Jan 2018 17:17

Confirmed on SSNews. Slightly surprised it’s perm

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 04 Jan 2018 17:29

I know Lincoln wanted it to be perm, didn’t know there was actually an agreement though

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 04 Jan 2018 17:41

oxf*rd travesty we've let Hyam and Dickie go when spending millions on Ilori and Blackett and then not playing them at centreback anyway.

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 04 Jan 2018 18:01

Snowflake Royal oxf*rd travesty we've let Hyam and Dickie go when spending millions on Ilori and Blackett and then not playing them at centreback anyway.

Ilori and Blackett must be the biggest waste of money ever spent by RFC, then along comes Aluko of course!

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 04 Jan 2018 19:42

Frustrating thing is I think they are both good players

Wouldn’t write Ilori off yet tbh

double d

by double d » 04 Jan 2018 20:53

strap
Snowflake Royal oxf*rd travesty we've let Hyam and Dickie go when spending millions on Ilori and Blackett and then not playing them at centreback anyway.

Ilori and Blackett must be the biggest waste of money ever spent by RFC, then along comes Aluko of course!

"Hello who is calling?"
"My name is Emerse Fae"

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 05 Jan 2018 17:59

double d
strap

"Hello who is calling?"
"My name is Emerse Fae"

Yeah. This.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 05 Jan 2018 22:58

We got our money back for Fae and Halford. Obviously it would have been better to get great players. We probably won't get our money back for Aluko or Ilori.
muirinho

I can't remember ever seeing McIntyre live, but I know he was very highly rated before his injury knocked him out for an age. I think at one stage they thought he wouldn't be able to play professionally again?

Absolutely delighted he's got the new contract, they've obviously got faith he'll get back on track.

McIntyre is a real quality player. Being given a 2 year extension after only playing about a dozen games in two years shows how much the club rate him. Very confident on the ball and an excellent defender.

Heard from a reliable source that Stam rates McIntyre above Blackett and that Blackett would be gone in January. McIntyre has picked up another injury which scuppers that. I suspect the plan now is to move Blackett and probably McShane on in the summer with McIntyre (and Osho and Axel) as back up to Moore and Ilori.

Dickie going means that the only players from his age group left at the club are Liam Kelly... and George Legg :shock:

double d

by double d » 06 Jan 2018 07:07

SCIAG We got our money back for Fae and Halford. Obviously it would have been better to get great players. We probably won't get our money back for Aluko or Ilori.
muirinho

McIntyre is a real quality player. Being given a 2 year extension after only playing about a dozen games in two years shows how much the club rate him. Very confident on the ball and an excellent defender.

Heard from a reliable source that Stam rates McIntyre above Blackett and that Blackett would be gone in January. McIntyre has picked up another injury which scuppers that. I suspect the plan now is to move Blackett and probably McShane on in the summer with McIntyre (and Osho and Axel) as back up to Moore and Ilori.

Dickie going means that the only players from his age group left at the club are Liam Kelly... and George Legg :shock:

We could cash in on Ilori to a Spanish team for more then what we paid. If the market keeps on rising we should have no issues selling Aluko. Moore would pay for both anyway.

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 06 Jan 2018 08:46

SCIAG We got our money back for Fae and Halford. Obviously it would have been better to get great players. We probably won't get our money back for Aluko or Ilori.
muirinho

Looking forward to watching McIntyre perform the Stephen Quinn role for us over the next couple of years.

7490 posts