The Academy/Development squads watch thread 2015//16

7490 posts
CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: The Academy/Development squads watch thread 2015//16

by CountryRoyal » 24 Apr 2017 21:53

Royals and Racers Table after tonight
6th Sunderland pts 25 GD -9 Reading (A)
7 th Spurs pts 22 GD -7 Man utd (A) Leicester (H)
8th Man Utd pts 22 GD -10 Spurs (H) Arsenal (A)
9th Southampton pts 21 GD -10 Man city (A)
10th Derby pts 21GD -12 Chelsea (H)
11th Leicester pts 20 GD -14 spurs (A)
12th Reading pts 19 GD -21 Sunderland (H)

2 go down

Got a decent chance looking at that.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 25 Apr 2017 01:29

Feels like they throw away a lot of leads.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 25 Apr 2017 08:43

Sunderland a must win game though.

For the record, what's the make up of the division Reading would drop to? Who's winning that/struggling this season?

cornflake

by cornflake » 25 Apr 2017 09:04

Meite and Rakels were our goal scorers last night.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 25 Apr 2017 09:08

CountryRoyal
Royals and Racers Table after tonight
6th Sunderland pts 25 GD -9 Reading (A)
7 th Spurs pts 22 GD -7 Man utd (A) Leicester (H)
8th Man Utd pts 22 GD -10 Spurs (H) Arsenal (A)
9th Southampton pts 21 GD -10 Man city (A)
10th Derby pts 21GD -12 Chelsea (H)
11th Leicester pts 20 GD -14 spurs (A)
12th Reading pts 19 GD -21 Sunderland (H)

2 go down

Got a decent chance looking at that.

They did just throw away a 2-0 lead against the second bottom side.

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 25 Apr 2017 13:16

Sutekh Sunderland a must win game though.

For the record, what's the make up of the division Reading would drop to? Who's winning that/struggling this season?

Div 2 http://uk.soccerway.com/national/englan ... D=SN_01_54
somewhat surprising, bottom club Norwich have reached the semi-final of the cup- away to Reading on Sunday KO 1pm

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 25 Apr 2017 13:52

I was one of the relatively few that went last night. Very poor turn out by Number 13 considering how important the game was.

We looked brilliant for 15 minutes and took a 2 goal lead. Then two costly defensive cock ups and it was 2-2. RFC unlucky not to go into the break up as hit an assortment of post/bar. The second half was actually better football all round with less errors but few chances at each end and defences definitely on top after the chance fest of the first half.

You can certainly see why most of the players have not stepped up yet. Meite huffed and puffed and took his goal well but looks more like an impact sub to me (as indeed used by Stam) than a starter who can lead the line each week. Considering the players we had at the back we were shaky defensively first half in particular.

Apart from taking his goal well Rakels did little and was subbed at half time. Gravenberch huffed and puffed in the middle and could easily have been sent off for raising his hands and was also subbed at half time. Illori and Oxfrd showed moments of class but also looked vulnerable at times. Dickie looked just as good as Ilori which makes you wonder why we spent so much on the latter.

I thought the most impressive players on the night were Watson (playing right wing) and Richards (left back). Both looked a threat going forwards.

Now a must win last game and other results going our way or we are down. I hope a few more supporters make the effort for that game.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 28 Apr 2017 14:54

Cheeky of me I know but does anyone who regularly attends these games fancy doing a little overview of our academy prospects?

Would be interesting to know whos looking good or playing well.

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 29 Apr 2017 12:23

Reading u18 0 Man utd u18 1 at half-time-- 2-5 at full time

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 30 Apr 2017 13:38

3-0 up

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 30 Apr 2017 14:38

4-1 up. nearly over, well done lads

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 30 Apr 2017 14:45

Full time. U23's through to the pl cup final. Well done lads.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 30 Apr 2017 15:16

Excellent. There was a nice article in the programme yesterday about the number of academy players in every squad over the last 10 years. Made interesting reading

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 30 Apr 2017 16:40

royalp-we Full time. U23's through to the pl cup final. Well done lads.

They meet the winners of next Tuesday`s game Swansea v Portsmouth.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 01 May 2017 09:26

NewCorkSeth Cheeky of me I know but does anyone who regularly attends these games fancy doing a little overview of our academy prospects?

This season most of our best players have been out on loan. Stacey, Fosu and Tanner are a big step up on anyone who has been regular in the U23s this season. Dom Hyam looked really good in a few appearances he made between his loans. Barrett's got the talent but struggles to make an impact on matches. Omar Richards (LB/LWB/LM/CM) looks a good player and could maybe challenge Obita next season, and Novakovich has got a bit of a scoring knack (he's somewhere in between Kermorgant and Noel Hunt style wise). Osho and Dickie are good players but to be honest I haven't seen much of them this season because the centre backs are constantly being rotated. And Southwood and Ward are very good goalkeepers, but based on what I've seen of him it's amazing that George Legg has stuck around this long.

The U18s seem a lot more promising than the dregs of the U23s. Tom McIntyre (CB/LB) looked pretty good for the U23s early in the season but he picked up a serious injury in November/December and it's not certain he'll play again. Jordan Holsgrove is a floaty midfielder in the Tanner/Barrett mould. Ramarni Medford-Smith and Teddy Howe are good full backs. If you thought Gunter was a good athlete then wait until you see Howe run. And there's a few U16s who have been getting a lot of game time - Cameron Green and Jack Nolan are ones to watch out for.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 01 May 2017 10:50

Royals and Racers

Taking nothing away from the achievement but, Us Norwich and those two in the semis. . where the hell are the big teams?

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 01 May 2017 10:51

windermereROYAL
Royals and Racers

Taking nothing away from the achievement but, Us Norwich and those two in the semis. . where the hell are the big teams?

Brighton got knocked out already somehow.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 01 May 2017 11:04

SCIAG
NewCorkSeth Cheeky of me I know but does anyone who regularly attends these games fancy doing a little overview of our academy prospects?

This season most of our best players have been out on loan. Stacey, Fosu and Tanner are a big step up on anyone who has been regular in the U23s this season. Dom Hyam looked really good in a few appearances he made between his loans. Barrett's got the talent but struggles to make an impact on matches. Omar Richards (LB/LWB/LM/CM) looks a good player and could maybe challenge Obita next season, and Novakovich has got a bit of a scoring knack (he's somewhere in between Kermorgant and Noel Hunt style wise). Osho and Dickie are good players but to be honest I haven't seen much of them this season because the centre backs are constantly being rotated. And Southwood and Ward are very good goalkeepers, but based on what I've seen of him it's amazing that George Legg has stuck around this long.

The U18s seem a lot more promising than the dregs of the U23s. Tom McIntyre (CB/LB) looked pretty good for the U23s early in the season but he picked up a serious injury in November/December and it's not certain he'll play again. Jordan Holsgrove is a floaty midfielder in the Tanner/Barrett mould. Ramarni Medford-Smith and Teddy Howe are good full backs. If you thought Gunter was a good athlete then wait until you see Howe run. And there's a few U16s who have been getting a lot of game time - Cameron Green and Jack Nolan are ones to watch out for.

Cheers for that! The club need to be a bit more helpful with updates on our youth prospects. Do you know anything about Danny Loader? I remember the sun did an article last summer naming him along with players like Ryan Sessegnon as hot prospects has he looked any good?

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 01 May 2017 19:17

SCIAG

Not sure where you get your info but the bit about McIntyre is wrong. He's making excellent progress and while he got an initially gloomy prognosis once they found a consultant with experience of his particular injury there was not really a question about his future.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 01 May 2017 20:41

NewCorkSeth The club need to be a bit more helpful with updates on our youth prospects. Do you know anything about Danny Loader? I remember the sun did an article last summer naming him along with players like Ryan Sessegnon as hot prospects has he looked any good?

I'd prefer if it was all kept low-key - the last thing a lot of these players need is to be touted as the next Gylfi or whatever. They are certainly promoting the PL2 cup-final - but it's the team rather than individual players.

Danny Loader has been called up for the England U17s so there is certainly potential there. But potential doesn't equate to success. Some never really progress beyond where they are at 16 or 17, so as others improve, they fall by the wayside.

7490 posts