Undisclosed

Tamworth_Royal
Location: She's got a tongue like an electric eel and she likes the taste of a man's tonsils.

Undisclosed

by Tamworth_Royal » 01 Sep 2013 11:38

Why is it whenever we sell anybody the fee is always undisclosed?. No doubt it's to save Hammond's embarrassment at the fee he flogs them for.

Also, why does he always have to thank the Buying clubs chairman????

Director of Football Nick Hammond said, “I’d like to thank Crystal Palace’s Owner and Chairman Steve Parish and Chief Executive Phil Alexander for the way they have dealt with these negotiations.

Do some buying you arse and then start thanking the sellers chairman :roll:

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Undisclosed

by maffff » 01 Sep 2013 11:40

I'm pretty sure it's something the FA recommend for all transfers under 10m. Hides our true negotiating position anyway, if not a little frustrating anyway.

Why do the fans need to know?

moo
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by moo » 01 Sep 2013 11:41

Hammond has a record of getting good prices, so the first part of this is laughable.

I would assume he thanked the opposition chairman for not 'tapping up' the player etc. It's being professional.

This post really does not even deserve a reply.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 01 Sep 2013 11:43

Shit, I sound like CMZ.

I saw our message as the minimum formality with Kebe and thanking Palace shows they did things professionally but Jimmy was being a dick, a la Boulougne

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 01 Sep 2013 11:43

Thanking the other teams chairman for tapping up Jimmy, why else would he declare himself unfit to face posh?..that takes the biscuit

blueroyals
Hob Nob Regular

by blueroyals » 01 Sep 2013 11:51

The fact they spent more time thanking CP than Kebe says a lot. No comment from Adkins either. :lol: :lol:

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 01 Sep 2013 11:52

I think it's the least Hammond could have said. I suspect what he really meant was:

“I’d like to thank Crystal Palace’s Owner and Chairman Steve Parish and Chief Executive Phil Alexander for taking a flaky-in-the-head total crock off our hands. And they paid us as well! Snigger snigger."

Not disclosing the fee has more to do with having no desire to humiliate a Chairman he might want to do business with / take the piss out of again sometime in the future.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 01 Sep 2013 11:59

Surely the idea of not disclosing is so that when we come to buy a striker that club can't say, of course he's worth £10m you've just got £20m for Kebe so you can afford it.

Spud Gun
Location: I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you ...

by Spud Gun » 01 Sep 2013 12:11

maffff I'm pretty sure it's something the FA recommend for all transfers under 10m. Hides our true negotiating position anyway, if not a little frustrating anyway.

Why do the fans need to know?

The transfer fee would give an indication to what really happened with Kebe. £2m would suggest the bid may have been too good to turn down. £750k would suggest the rumoured problems behind the scenes were true.

skipper
Hob Nob Regular

by skipper » 01 Sep 2013 12:18

Whoa now - Hammond has been excellent at flogging players in the past, well over their true market value. Just because this one is undisclosed, shouldn't mean we knock him.

Even IF, and it's a big if, we didn't get what you fans expect for Jimmy, you can hardly say Hammond has failed us. Maybe Palace were just as good at negotiating!?

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 01 Sep 2013 13:33

Phil Alexander is the former Reading and Wokingham town player-who also had a short career as an NFL player.

Wimb
Hob Nob Regular

by Wimb » 01 Sep 2013 13:37

Tamworth_Royal
Location: She's got a tongue like an electric eel and she likes the taste of a man's tonsils.

by Tamworth_Royal » 02 Sep 2013 19:45

Same old deadline day........Hammond just keeps on selling. Marriappa UNDISCLOSED :roll:

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 02 Sep 2013 19:50

moo Hammond has a record of getting good prices, so the first part of this is laughable.

I would assume he thanked the opposition chairman for not 'tapping up' the player etc. It's being professional.

The whole (very valid) point of the original post is that we are rarely, if ever, told the figure that we have sold a player for. Therefore it is your claim that Hammond has a record of getting good prices that is laughable. Didn't really deserve a reply.

What's more, Madejski has always been exceptionally keen to state the the prices we hear being bandied around are far greater that the club ever receives as a significant part of most fees is conditional.

PieEater Surely the idea of not disclosing is so that when we come to buy a striker that club can't say, of course he's worth £10m you've just got £20m for Kebe so you can afford it.

Like the selling clubs wouldn't have got a pretty damn good idea what fee we received through the sources within the game that they no doubt have! :roll:

The only people truly kept in the dark (and fed the bullshit) when it comes to fees are the supporters.

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 02 Sep 2013 20:35

In laymans terms the reason the club use undisclosed is to cover up a shit piece of busines. In the case of Mariyapa and Kebe have been sold for less than 3 million a loss on what we paid. In the the case of Long and Doyle we bought for a pint of guinness and sold for 12 million the club were happy to give the f :?: igure out. Simples

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 02 Sep 2013 21:44

All fine and dandy but the fee paid by WBA was undisclosed.

Tamworth_Royal

by Tamworth_Royal » 02 Sep 2013 22:49

http://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/article ... 31667.aspx

At least Hammond didn't arse lick the chairman this time :roll: Still he was busy today signing all those players

Tamworth_Royal

by Tamworth_Royal » 02 Sep 2013 22:52

moo Hammond has a record of SELLING PLAYERS AND THAT'S ALL, so the first part of this is laughable.

(Why did you :roll: )

Helped you out on the first part

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 03 Sep 2013 09:28

Jackson Corner In laymans terms the reason the club use undisclosed is to cover up a shit piece of busines.

Palarse may have been the ones doing the shit piece of business

Why do you need to know?

It's the players on the pitch that matter, not the price tag

You are all cynics as defined by the Reading jail's most famous resident!

Sir Dodger Royal
Location: Cyberspace - pulling the strings. You know it makes sense.

by Sir Dodger Royal » 03 Sep 2013 10:21

The Real Facts are that Anton will be looking for a scapegoat to offset the flack he is going to get following RFC transfer day debacle.

SDR fully expects Squeaky to be sacked before the January transfer window. Plus he has been at RFC far too long. We need a DOF who has International Experience with contacts as opposed to Squeaky looking for cheapos in the Conference & Div 1/2.

Real Facts from the Main Man. You know it makes senseeeeeeeeee