In praise of Reading

paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

In praise of Reading

by paddy20 » 13 Nov 2013 09:19

With all the doom and gloom about at the moment thought I would add this

1. we have a fantastic ground with great facilities

2. We have a great training ground with first class facilities for the players. They are well looked after with first class food and relaxation. These are about to get even better

3. The club is well run administratively

4. The training is very good

5. The organisation and travel arrangements are high standard

This is a first hand account from someone who knows. Lets be proud of our set up even if we may struggle to get promotion this year

Readars

Re: In praise of Reading

by Readars » 13 Nov 2013 09:50

Thanks for that Nigel :D

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 13 Nov 2013 10:29

Actual ROFL

Err thanks

paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

by paddy20 » 13 Nov 2013 10:48

Readars Thanks for that Nigel :D

Ha Ha nice one. Top bloke

M Brook
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by M Brook » 13 Nov 2013 11:10

Really good to note that we have 'first class facilities for the players. They are well looked after with first class food and relaxation.'

Would be nice if all, and not just some, of them appreciated this and reciprocated appropriately.

The Goat was fed

by The Goat was fed » 13 Nov 2013 11:17

Reading is also host to the AfterDark, the only club I've never, ever seen a fight in. Something to be proud of.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 13 Nov 2013 11:38

This might explain why the attitude and application of the players is first class.

wally bassoon

by wally bassoon » 13 Nov 2013 11:39

The Goat was fed Reading is also host to the AfterDark, the only club I've never, ever seen a fight in. Something to be proud of.

Agreed, did try somewhere else once and ended up with a black eye.

Tony Le Mesmer
Hob Nob Regular

by Tony Le Mesmer » 13 Nov 2013 12:12

paddy20 With all the doom and gloom about at the moment thought I would add this

2. We have a great training ground with first class facilities for the players. They are well looked after with first class food and relaxation. These are about to get even better

This is a first hand account from someone who knows. Lets be proud of our set up even if we may struggle to get promotion this year

1. We play in a souless bowl full of complete Spastics. Not a pub in site.

2. We are about to tear down a beautiful golf course and deprive the local community of its use.

3. Our owner (whoever that is) seems to be stiching the club up a treat.

4. Drenthe, Roberts, Bridge, etc all training hard

5. Are you Denny Fulbrook?

General B
Hob Nob Regular

by General B » 13 Nov 2013 12:19

Tony Le Mesmer
paddy20 With all the doom and gloom about at the moment thought I would add this

2. We are about to tear down a beautiful golf course and deprive the local community of its use.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 13 Nov 2013 12:42

paddy20 3. The club is well run administratively

.....and its Super Reading, Super Reading FC, we're by far the greatest club, administratively, the world has ever seen.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 13 Nov 2013 12:46

Tony Le Mesmer

+1 but without the spastics reference.

Pandoras Box

by Pandoras Box » 13 Nov 2013 12:57

Seems to be good for picking up injuries?

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 13 Nov 2013 13:15

Tony Le Mesmer

Is the local area really suffering from a lack of golf courses?! If demand for a golf course there was that great it would have been making loads of money and the land probably wouldn't have ended up on the general market for RFC to buy.

Tony Le Mesmer
Hob Nob Regular

by Tony Le Mesmer » 13 Nov 2013 13:58

RoyalBlue
Tony Le Mesmer

Is the local area really suffering from a lack of golf courses?

Affordable membership, yes it is lacking that. Which is what Bearwood offerred & why its upset a lot of people. RFC: Community wrecking club.

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 13 Nov 2013 14:16

Tony Le Mesmer
paddy20 5. The organisation and travel arrangements are high standard

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Caskeys Lovechild

by Caskeys Lovechild » 13 Nov 2013 15:42

Tony Le Mesmer
Affordable membership, yes it is lacking that. Which is what Bearwood offerred & why its upset a lot of people. RFC: Community wrecking club.

Golf is not a community game - it's a game for wealthy toffs who have nothing constructive to do with their time - it always has been. How many kids do you see running around a bloody golf course on a Sunday morning??

I live next to Bearwood golf course. I couldn't give a toss if they tear it down.

Tony Le Mesmer
Hob Nob Regular

by Tony Le Mesmer » 13 Nov 2013 16:02

Caskeys Lovechild
Tony Le Mesmer

Golf is not a community game - it's a game for wealthy toffs who have nothing constructive to do with their time - it always has been. How many kids do you see running around a bloody golf course on a Sunday morning??

I live next to Bearwood golf course. I couldn't give a toss if they tear it down.

:arrow: Club Policies for future discussion. To me, its just another example of football clubs becoming 'brands' you hate rather than 'clubs' you love. They are bulldozing a club that provides sporting access for an awful lot of people, most of whom cant afford golf membership, are retired and just looking to keep their lives socaila and active. Clearly the football club and you dont give a fck about that. I doubt your the only one with that view either. See 1. above.

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 13 Nov 2013 16:22

Tony Le Mesmer
Caskeys Lovechild
Tony Le Mesmer

:arrow: Club Policies for future discussion. To me, its just another example of football clubs becoming 'brands' you hate rather than 'clubs' you love. They are bulldozing a club that provides sporting access for an awful lot of people, most of whom cant afford golf membership, are retired and just looking to keep their lives socaila and active. Clearly the football club and you dont give a fck about that. I doubt your the only one with that view either. See 1. above.

^ This

/ close thread

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 13 Nov 2013 16:31

Tony Le Mesmer
Caskeys Lovechild
Tony Le Mesmer

:|

land was for sale

someone bought land.

the end.

lol at people unable to "afford" golf club membership being a reason for us to feel sorry for them in anyway.
1st world probLOLems