January Transfer Window Investment?

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

Re: January Transfer Window Investment?

by SPARTA » 31 Dec 2013 16:30

floyd__streete We have an owner who is clearly disinterested and looking to flog his shares and some of you are talking about where you think the squad could do with strengthening in January :?:

If some of you were horses it would be more humane to shoot you :!:

You think Madejski was lying when he said there would be money available next month then?

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 31 Dec 2013 16:33

Did he not say "There will be investment coming into the club in January". Ie. new investors? Whose purchase of a chunk of shares will presumably be subject to due dilligence. Which, of course, takes time.....

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 31 Dec 2013 16:34

We need a centre half, a defensive midfielder and an attacking midfielder that can play. If Adkins can get these i reckon the team would be perfect.

Oh and Bridge back from injury, or a new signing.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 31 Dec 2013 17:13

SPARTA
floyd__streete We have an owner who is clearly disinterested and looking to flog his shares and some of you are talking about where you think the squad could do with strengthening in January :?:

If some of you were horses it would be more humane to shoot you :!:

You think Madejski was lying when he said there would be money available next month then?

It's relatively easy to say something that isn't a lie but isn't entirely true. So a couple of quid would constitute funds being available, as would selling one or more of our star players and then using just a fraction of the proceeds to finance new signings.

Even when there have been 'funds available' in the past, Hammond & co have struggled to tie up deals.

Pseud O'Nym
Hob Nob Regular

by Pseud O'Nym » 31 Dec 2013 17:16

floyd__streete Did he not say "There will be investment coming into the club in January". Ie. new investors?

He did, but he also said that funds would be available in January, either from him, Anton or a combination of the two.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 31 Dec 2013 17:19

floyd__streete If some of you were horses it would be more humane to shoot you :!:

Not sure the first half of this is needed tbh

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 31 Dec 2013 17:26

In football Investment is when you put money into an Youth system to create your own players, or a new training pitch, or a larger stadium.

When you buy players it's called pissing your money up a wall.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 31 Dec 2013 17:43

Certainly some loaned players would be nice. Frimpong is rotting away in North London. If the Gooners sign a front man we could take Bendtner till the end of the season. At the back? What about asking if young Bertrand might want to come back as well. Doesn't seem to get any chances under Maureen. At CB? Well there's an abundance of them rotting away at PL clubs.someone must want a move. I'd like Matt Mills back personally. Leeds are still fishing for him, but he'd be brilliant for us again and a good captain. There I've said it.

Royal Rebel

by Royal Rebel » 31 Dec 2013 18:16

Investment ? LOLOLOLOLOL
This is Reading FFS................!
Investment will be virtually nil until we have an "investor".

Za Vas

by Za Vas » 31 Dec 2013 18:21

Ascotexgunner Certainly some loaned players would be nice. Frimpong is rotting away in North London. If the Gooners sign a front man we could take Bendtner till the end of the season. At the back? What about asking if young Bertrand might want to come back as well. Doesn't seem to get any chances under Maureen. At CB? Well there's an abundance of them rotting away at PL clubs.someone must want a move. I'd like Matt Mills back personally. Leeds are still fishing for him, but he'd be brilliant for us again and a good captain. There I've said it.

I'm sure Ryan Bertrand, who is being heavily linked with Liverpool, and Nicklas Bendtner, who last season went on loan to Juventus, will be counting down until 12 o'clock in anticipation of a move to Reading.

:|

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 31 Dec 2013 19:19

Za Vas
Ascotexgunner Certainly some loaned players would be nice. Frimpong is rotting away in North London. If the Gooners sign a front man we could take Bendtner till the end of the season. At the back? What about asking if young Bertrand might want to come back as well. Doesn't seem to get any chances under Maureen. At CB? Well there's an abundance of them rotting away at PL clubs.someone must want a move. I'd like Matt Mills back personally. Leeds are still fishing for him, but he'd be brilliant for us again and a good captain. There I've said it.

I'm sure Ryan Bertrand, who is being heavily linked with Liverpool, and Nicklas Bendtner, who last season went on loan to Juventus, will be counting down until 12 o'clock in anticipation of a move to Reading.

:|
/t

Would Chelsea sell anyone to the Scousers? Doubt it.
No one wants Bedntner. Not even Arsenal, he's got 6 months left and if no one wants him, which seems the case, let him run his contract down with us.

sputnik
Hob Nob Regular
Location: HNA? Prediction League Champion 2014-15, 2018-19, 2021-22

by sputnik » 31 Dec 2013 20:53

Ascotexgunner If the Gooners sign a front man we could take Bendtner till the end of the season.

ROFL

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 31 Dec 2013 22:02

ZacNaloen In football Investment is when you put money into an Youth system to create your own players, or a new training pitch, or a larger stadium.

When you buy players it's called pissing your money up a wall.

So the clubs that invested by buying players last year and stayed in the PL at our expense pissed their money up a wall?

IMO that sort of argument is Madejski speak b*llocks!

readingroyal01

Spend or Premier League dream is over

by readingroyal01 » 02 Jan 2014 10:22

soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Spend or Premier League dream is over

by soggy biscuit » 02 Jan 2014 10:28

readingroyal01 http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/reading-fc-boss-adkins-weve-6461164

He is just screaming out to be cocknballed

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 02 Jan 2014 10:45

Danny Fox would be a square peg for a square hole.

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 02 Jan 2014 10:55

floyd__streete Did he not say "There will be investment coming into the club in January". Ie. new investors? Whose purchase of a chunk of shares will presumably be subject to due dilligence. Which, of course, takes time.....

I don't understand why this takes so long, given that no one seems to ever fail it. Might as well just rubber stamp the likes of Kim Jong-Un in a day rather than spending months pretending you are checking him out before rubber stamping him.

Brum Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Brum Royal » 02 Jan 2014 13:13

Whilst I don't doubt we need to strengthen the squad, we're currently sat with an injury list of 10 probable first team players, any club will struggle to cope with that.

If we get someone like Ledge back in to protect the back four, that would instantly stabilise us a bit more at the back, and help us start to take control of the centre of midfield which is where we are struggling at the moment with Williams and Guthrie

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 02 Jan 2014 14:14

Schards#2
floyd__streete Did he not say "There will be investment coming into the club in January". Ie. new investors? Whose purchase of a chunk of shares will presumably be subject to due dilligence. Which, of course, takes time.....

I don't understand why this takes so long, given that no one seems to ever fail it. Might as well just rubber stamp the likes of Kim Jong-Un in a day rather than spending months pretending you are checking him out before rubber stamping him.

I think Mr Streete is referring to the commercial due diligence (which Madejski and/or his advisors seem to have got terribly wrong in the case of Anton/TSI), rather that the FA/FL 'fit person' test.

Having seemingly got their fingers burned last time around, I suspect Madejski and co will be a lot more thorough - and hence take longer - next time around.

soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

by soggy biscuit » 02 Jan 2014 14:45

Brum Royal we're currently sat with an injury list of 10 probable first team players

you think at the moment we are only playing with 1 first team regular?