The truth about Royston...

760 posts
super darren caskey
Hob Nob Regular

Re: The truth about Royston...

by super darren caskey » 28 Aug 2014 17:34

I think adkins is the cock if he don't bring him back in to the picture with the "injury crisis" we are facing

MouldyRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by MouldyRoyal » 28 Aug 2014 17:44

I have to agree that, even at his alleged disruptive worst, we could do with senior bodies in the squad right now.

Pride needs to be swallowed here somewhat.

6 Million Dollar Man

by 6 Million Dollar Man » 28 Aug 2014 17:58

No point in bringing him in if he isn't match fit...and he will almost certainly be nowhere near match fit

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 28 Aug 2014 18:16

6 Million Dollar Man No point in bringing him in if he isn't match fit...and he will almost certainly be nowhere near match fit

This is true by time he gets match fit, it will be 2015, he must be able to put in a 9 min cameo off the bench though

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 28 Aug 2014 18:24

I'd rather see Fosu or Stacey get a game thanks.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 28 Aug 2014 18:33

Ian Royal I'd rather see Fosu or Stacey get a game thanks.

Exactly this.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 28 Aug 2014 18:48

With our current injury situation, there's room for everyone's favoured choice to play!

'lista
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by 'lista » 28 Aug 2014 20:41

2 world wars, 1 world cup I think that's disgusting if you ask me.

http://youtu.be/mjQZNkiY7ds

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 29 Aug 2014 07:17

Apparently in the job interview he lied about his height.

We thought we'd signed a 6'2" right winger till one day he was subject to a spot height check and his dirty secret came out.

Liar. Get rid I say.

mambo3

by mambo3 » 29 Aug 2014 09:29

MouldyRoyal I have to agree that, even at his alleged disruptive worst, we could do with senior bodies in the squad right now.

Let's just say that Drenthe dared to criticise NA Training methods in front of the 1st Team and that is the reason he has not played for NA since. Also let's also say that he was not disruptive to the team as been said before. If that is his only crime plus being unfit does NA swallow his pride and move on or sacrifice the Team in this way

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 29 Aug 2014 09:35

mambo3
MouldyRoyal I have to agree that, even at his alleged disruptive worst, we could do with senior bodies in the squad right now.

Let's just say that Drenthe dared to criticise NA Training methods in front of the 1st Team and that is the reason he has not played for NA since. Also let's also say that he was not disruptive to the team as been said before. If that is his only crime plus being unfit does NA swallow his pride and move on or sacrifice the Team in this way

Considering his history, I very much doubt RD is the victim in all this.

Esteban

by Esteban » 29 Aug 2014 09:41

mambo3

I would say that criticism of your manager in front of everyone else can be filed under disruptive.

The plain facts are that he has not had much impact in his time here and costs a fortune to play. Whether you think he has been treated unfairly or not, they are sound reasons not to play him. And now that he has been left out of the first team squad, he's not likely to be running through walls for the team. Playing him only because we have an injury crisis is not a good enough reason to involve him. Give the youngsters a chance as they have a future here. Drenthe does not.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 29 Aug 2014 11:00

Esteban
I would say that criticism of your manager in front of everyone else can be filed under disruptive.

Not as disruptive as training all your players to be in such shit condition that there is no team left.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 29 Aug 2014 11:08

Extended-Phenotype
Esteban

Not as disruptive as training all your players to be in such shit condition that there is no team left.

This! It just cannot be coincidence that this early into a season we are losing more and more players to injury. Sadly, I doubt Drenthe will be fit enough now in any case.

Esteban

by Esteban » 29 Aug 2014 11:16

Extended-Phenotype
Esteban

To a point, but not every injury is down to a lack of physical conditioning.

super darren caskey
Hob Nob Regular

by super darren caskey » 29 Aug 2014 11:25

I don't normally cast assumptions but i will................Adkins seems the type to freeze somebody out if they cast any doubt on his management/training skills

But....i suppose it depends on how its been said to him on weather he is being a pcunt or not in the freezing out

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 29 Aug 2014 22:53

I reckon Royston ate Adkins' dog.

Scarface
Hob Nob Regular

by Scarface » 30 Aug 2014 00:08

For Royston to be frozen out in this injury crisis just shows how disruptive he must have been last season.

I back the manager on this one. We have a lot of young players coming through, clearly Adkins doesn't want them being influenced by him.

It was always a disaster signing and a car crash waiting to happen, but there is no way he'll leave as he won't get the wages anywhere else

Isaac Hunt

by Isaac Hunt » 30 Aug 2014 08:33

super darren caskey Adkins seems the type to freeze somebody out if they cast any doubt on his management/training skills

Based on what?

I don't blame Adkins for freezing him out. He never wanted him, we all know he was AZ's signing.

Has Royston ever played for a club where he's never had problems? But this time it's Adkins fault, cos some fans still don't like him :roll:

He had plenty of chances to impress last season, but didn't. Forget whatever it is he is paid, that's immaterial. He is a professional sportsman, yet he seems incapable (or unwilling?) of getting himself to the level of fitness required to play 60 minutes let alone the full 90. That is the biggest issue.

The sooner we pay him off and move him away from the club entirely, the better.

paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

by paddy20 » 30 Aug 2014 08:57

2 world wars, 1 world cup I reckon Royston ate Adkins' dog.

No I think it was his hamster

760 posts