If we get there will you go?

115 posts
liamobey

If we get there will you go?

by liamobey » 07 Apr 2014 09:51

I've been to 3 playoff finals.

The second one in Cardiff hurt more than the first.
The Dido song "Thank You" montage at the end of the highlights I taped, bringing me to floods of tears every time. Cureton's little smiley face after scoring the first. The Darren Caskey unused sub incident.....and I still don't know what Pardew was doing starting Jimmy McIntyre.
Anyway. The first Wembley I was a bit too young for it to really hit me, and I was way too excited about the new yellow goalie top than I was about the game in the end.
The last Wembley one just made me numb......I was back at Paddington by final whistle, tbh. Chasing the booze.

I will not be going this year if we make it. I'm glad to say that I'll be on holiday. I am not going to anymore games this season and it's pointless going to the semi's because if we do make the final I won't be able to go.

Just wondered if anyone else is in this situation and if anyone's just satisfied watching the games on TV these days?

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: If we get there will you go?

by paultheroyal » 07 Apr 2014 09:52

Will be lucky if we shift 10,000 tickets

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 07 Apr 2014 09:53

I'll try and get a ticket, no doubt.

Fourth time to see us at Wembley 8)

wally bassoon

by wally bassoon » 07 Apr 2014 09:58

My ideal season at the moment culminates in a play off final loss.

The prem is not that enjoyable, get a good day out on the pi$$ at Wemberley and the club make a lot of money.

So in, if we get there.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 07 Apr 2014 10:02

what a ridiculous thing to say, this isnt at all enjoyable as it is

IN
obv.

liamobey

by liamobey » 07 Apr 2014 10:03

wally bassoon My ideal season at the moment culminates in a play off final loss.

The prem is not that enjoyable, get a good day out on the pi$$ at Wemberley and the club make a lot of money.

So in, if we get there.

I can not understand, for the life of me, why people are happy in the championship. Just winning in the Premiership is incredible, and you can take it a game at a time. I'd rather beat Man United or Arsenal just once, and even if that season we went down, i'd be happier than ever as a Reading fan.
Drawing with Chelsea was the biggest buzz i've ever had as a Reading fan.
Beating Everton a couple of times at home or when we thrashed Tottenham is second. oxf*rd the football league and Peter Beagrie

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 07 Apr 2014 10:05

wally bassoon My ideal season at the moment culminates in a play off final loss.

So in, if we get there.

Yep, great day out.

I don't believe people who say "it's pointless" or who out rightly start bitterly telling stories of previous losses. Maybe I do believe you but I think it's a bit stupid.

Why be a football fan if you think going to semi finals is pontless if you can't go to the final - that's pathetic.

I will be going if we got that far and couldn't imagine missing Reading play at Wembley ever. Lose or win, I will be smashed by midday and unable to stand by full time.

If we win, it's a bonus. If we lose I won't remember it anyway

liamobey

by liamobey » 07 Apr 2014 10:13

Why be a football fan if you think going to semi finals is pontless if you can't go to the final - that's pathetic

:D
LOL at you thinking that saving time, effort and money is pathetic.

wally bassoon

by wally bassoon » 07 Apr 2014 10:14

liamobey

So in, if we get there.

I can not understand, for the life of me, why people are happy in the championship. Just winning in the Premiership is incredible, and you can take it a game at a time. I'd rather beat Man United or Arsenal just once, and even if that season we went down, i'd be happier than ever as a Reading fan.
Drawing with Chelsea was the biggest buzz i've ever had as a Reading fan.
Beating Everton a couple of times at home or when we thrashed Tottenham is second. oxf*rd the football league and Peter Beagrie

Not going to a game and wondering how many we will get dicked by.
Having kick offs at 3pm on a Saturday
Even if we do squek a result, being patronised by all and sundry.
Being able to predict the top 4/6 at the start of the season.

I really enjoyed our first season up there but we are even less prepared this time round than last and I reckon we could get less points then Sunderland did that year.

I just quite enjoy the Championship,

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 07 Apr 2014 10:15

Desperately want us to get promoted, as being in the prem >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>being in the champ

Also love watching us in high profile games

An obvious, unconditional IN

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 07 Apr 2014 10:17

liamobey
Why be a football fan if you think going to semi finals is pontless if you can't go to the final - that's pathetic

:D
LOL at you thinking that saving time, effort and money is pathetic.

And if we did go up you can miss all next seasons games ... Y'know to save time, effort and money.

liamobey

by liamobey » 07 Apr 2014 10:21

I will if they're on tele, mate.

BKRoyale

by BKRoyale » 07 Apr 2014 10:22

Absolutely definitely in - is Mr BK's birthday weekend, and also Champions League final day - that's a hell of a good day of drinking and football there.

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 07 Apr 2014 10:29

I desperately want to see Reading in the top flight again, but when we get there I want us to be in a position to stay there.

At the moment, with the current squad and ownership issues, I can't see that happening. I would much rather spend another couple of seasons in the Championship putting together a squad that we can build on, then really hitting the Prem with some momentum and a realistic plan for embedding ourselves as a top flight club.

If we did somehow get to Wembley this year I'd be there and I'd want us to win - I know no other way. But I wouldn't be as distraught as before if we lost.

HoneyRoastHoax
Hob Nob Regular

by HoneyRoastHoax » 07 Apr 2014 10:32

Of course I'd go.

I'd even go if I knew we would lose.

:roll:

Caskeys Lovechild

by Caskeys Lovechild » 07 Apr 2014 10:34

The law of averages dictates that if we get to the final, it's got to be our turn to win it. Winning at Wembley would be incredible.

IN.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 07 Apr 2014 10:44

In.

DaveBanana

by DaveBanana » 07 Apr 2014 10:45

I can't see why anyone woudlnt want to go?! It'd be Reading, at Wembley! That's exciting even if we get tonked, but if we won it'd be megaaaaaaaaa... and as CL says, surely sooner or later we have to win a PO final!?

liamobey

by liamobey » 07 Apr 2014 10:46

Caskeys Lovechild The law of averages dictates that if we get to the final, it's got to be our turn to win it. Winning at Wembley would be incredible.

IN.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

German Jews know best.

liamobey

by liamobey » 07 Apr 2014 10:49

DaveBanana I can't see why anyone woudlnt want to go?! It'd be Reading, at Wembley! That's exciting even if we get tonked, but if we won it'd be megaaaaaaaaa... and as CL says, surely sooner or later we have to win a PO final!?

Like i said, I'm on holiday. That's why I wouldn't want to go. I find that holidays, in general, are more fun than watching football matches in reserved seating stadiums.

115 posts