Madejski Sold out and failed again

558 posts
Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Madejski Sold out and failed again

by Royal Rother » 22 Oct 2014 19:00

Let's hope he's gone back to lurking. It's probably for the best.

Waylenstreet

by Waylenstreet » 23 Oct 2014 09:22

Royal Rother Let's hope he's gone back to lurking. It's probably for the best.

Yup, I am sure you are right. Ignore him..carry on living in the Best Of All Possible Football Worlds.

Martin41

by Martin41 » 23 Oct 2014 09:36

Waylenstreet
Royal Rother Let's hope he's gone back to lurking. It's probably for the best.

Yup, I am sure you are right. Ignore him..carry on living in the Best Of All Possible Football Worlds.

It's not we are ignoring, it's that you put up and talk absolute crap!

Waylenstreet

by Waylenstreet » 23 Oct 2014 09:37

I am sure you are right...Go Royals ..

Portsmouth Royal

by Portsmouth Royal » 23 Oct 2014 10:01

Waylenstreet Well I have been lurking in the shadows watching the denial that goes on around the forum.
Although I think that the OP is overstated there is a core of truth there.
I think that history will show that when it comes to JM the negatives outweighed the positives..
And of course those in denial will suggest that I should return to the lurker benches. 8)

Any chance you could lay out the substance of your argument?

As I see it, the last 20 years have represented the most successful in the clubs history. Averaging around the top 30 of English football, 2 2nd tier titles and a top 10 finish. Added to that we have substantially improved infrastructure both in terms of the ground and training facilities.

Perhaps you might like to set out the negatives that outweigh these positives?

Be interested to see, perhaps there are things I am not seeing or given sufficient weight to?

Waylenstreet

by Waylenstreet » 23 Oct 2014 10:31

No I am sure you are right...after all we have since 1998 played our football in a beautiful large stadium...which had the added advantage of dovetailing nicely with the owners business empire..and we have twice made essays into the prem..the first time this elevation seemed to cause nosebleeds in high places, and the second time outright panic..but yes, we had our moments of invading the pitch in promotion euphoria..
And the fact that we are now playing football which would have embarrassed the Elm Park crowd is I am sure a blip, and that Thai money is going to propel us to glory.
Whereupon we can all light a candle at the shrine of the Greatest Living sort-of Englishman in humble gratitude.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 23 Oct 2014 10:41

Tbh, even if the disastrous occured and we were relegated this season (don't think it will happen), we have grown enough as a club that I very much doubt we would stay there, the larger clubs tend to get promoted eventually, look at Charlton, Sheffield Wednesday, Leeds, Forest, Southampton and Norwich for proof of that.

Waylenstreet

by Waylenstreet » 23 Oct 2014 10:45

tidus_mi2 Tbh, even if the disastrous occured and we were relegated this season (don't think it will happen), we have grown enough as a club that I very much doubt we would stay there, the larger clubs tend to get promoted eventually, look at Charlton, Sheffield Wednesday, Leeds, Forest, Southampton and Norwich for proof of that.

So even if we get demoted..we are quite likely with a bit of luck and a following wind to struggle back into the Championship..Silly me. What I am I worrying for..what am I like ? :(

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 23 Oct 2014 11:32

I'm still struggling to see how , even if we were relegated this season ot the Thais turned out to have little to no money, that would in some way erase all of the achievements of the last 20 years or so.

I'm not having a pop and you're entitled to your opinion but it's a truly baffling one I have to say.

wingnut
Hob Nob Regular

by wingnut » 23 Oct 2014 11:35

Waylenstreet No I am sure you are right...after all we have since 1998 played our football in a beautiful large stadium...which had the added advantage of dovetailing nicely with the owners business empire..and we have twice made essays into the prem..the first time this elevation seemed to cause nosebleeds in high places, and the second time outright panic..but yes, we had our moments of invading the pitch in promotion euphoria..
And the fact that we are now playing football which would have embarrassed the Elm Park crowd is I am sure a blip, and that Thai money is going to propel us to glory.
Whereupon we can all light a candle at the shrine of the Greatest Living sort-of Englishman in humble gratitude.

So that's a no, you can't back up your argument then.

Waylenstreet

by Waylenstreet » 23 Oct 2014 12:00

wingnut
Waylenstreet No I am sure you are right...after all we have since 1998 played our football in a beautiful large stadium...which had the added advantage of dovetailing nicely with the owners business empire..and we have twice made essays into the prem..the first time this elevation seemed to cause nosebleeds in high places, and the second time outright panic..but yes, we had our moments of invading the pitch in promotion euphoria..

Just keep telling yourself that if you can't reduce a complex series of events to simple stats the argument has no basis.
I mean we don't want dissent around here do we ?

Its like observing a marriage where one of the partners was never really into it, and has lost all interest, but is damned if he is going to let go because that would go against his psychological make -up...
But yes , its best that I go back to the shadows..when we end up just above the drop zone at the end of the season and when the Thais find a partner who looks like they mean it, I won't say I told you so...because that would be churlish.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 23 Oct 2014 12:05

Waylenstreet And the fact that we are now playing football which would have embarrassed the Elm Park crowd is I am sure a blip,

I can only assume you didn't watch much football at Elm Park then.

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 23 Oct 2014 12:35

Waylenstreet
wingnut

Just keep telling yourself that if you can't reduce a complex series of events to simple stats the argument has no basis.

Its like observing a marriage where one of the partners was never really into it, and has lost all interest, but is damned if he is going to let go because that would go against his psychological make -up...
But yes , its best that I go back to the shadows..when we end up just above the drop zone at the end of the season and when the Thais find a partner who looks like they mean it, I won't say I told you so...because that would be churlish.

Which is absolutely the worse case scenario yet still doesn't explain why you think it it outweighs the positives of JM's tenure. Before he arrived just above the drop zone in the 2nd tier was as good as it got.

Someone has to take over from him at some stage. Surely the sheer panic that arises from him selling to anyone else is prove positive of his contribution for most of the 20 years he's been in charge.

Martin41

by Martin41 » 23 Oct 2014 14:02

Wycombe Royal
Waylenstreet And the fact that we are now playing football which would have embarrassed the Elm Park crowd is I am sure a blip,

I can only assume you didn't watch much football at Elm Park then.

I'm not sure he/she watches much football at all.

wingnut
Hob Nob Regular

by wingnut » 23 Oct 2014 14:09

Waylenstreet
wingnut

A simple "no" would've sufficed rather than paragraphs of waffle.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 23 Oct 2014 16:45

Some people are just lonely and don't want the argument to end.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 23 Oct 2014 16:59

If you've got nothing remotely credible to say, say nothing.

If you can't back up your assertions with anything when questioned, don't make the assertions.

If you get offended when someone questions an assertion you can't back up, don't make the assertion.

Vic_Flange

by Vic_Flange » 23 Oct 2014 20:01

1. Before Madejski came we were in Division 3, as it was then called.
2. We had only spent 2 seaons since WWII in Division 2. The rest was in Divison 3 or Division 4.
3. Madejeski said he would take the club to the top division.
4. Madejski Done this, admittedly with some blunders one the way - usually those with the iniials TB - Tommy Burns as well as Terry Bulivant
5. We are now an established Championship side. Believe it or not; some teams are actually scared of us.
We're in the division we should be in guys - if we scraped in to the premier it would be embarrassing, but we will not be dropping back in to League One / Division Three

The squad DOES need a kick up the arse, we have a few weak spots but we're going nowhere - like it or not :|

Tamworth_Royal
Location: She's got a tongue like an electric eel and she likes the taste of a man's tonsils.

by Tamworth_Royal » 01 May 2015 23:31

Tamworth_Royal Hilarious, and it goes on and on an inept Physio as manager, a crap accountant who nearly made the club bankrupt despite selling and spending feck all in 10 years, a Director of football :lol: :lol: :lol: oh if I said "Nicky Hammond" at the Edinburgh Comedy Festival it would of won best joke 2005-2014 and then we have Madejski.................. sold the club because he thought he need a new Thai

I told you lot 15th under this regime would be likely, relegation revised.

What a shower of shite and where's the voice of the Thais and their intentions :lol: :lol:

Take over was never about football its all about , land property and money...nice one Madejski :wink:

Then came Clark :lol: bear in mind this was an October quote

RTG's will never learn :roll:

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 01 May 2015 23:56

How DID you cope in the good times? :|

558 posts