CONFIMRED - Royston out on loan to Sheff Weds

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

Re: Royston to Leeds?

by WoodleyRoyal » 03 Jul 2014 11:04

bye then, thanks for all the fish

wingnut
Hob Nob Regular

by wingnut » 03 Jul 2014 11:31

Hardly a gr8 loss. Here's hoping Anton's other vanity signing, Pog, follows soon after.

Jano

by Jano » 03 Jul 2014 12:29

Only player that generated any sort of excitement from me or the crowd in general last season, never given a proper chance and obviously there are issues behind the scenes. Hope he doesn't go to another Championship team as I can see this coming back to bite us on the backside. Does make you wonder what sort of wages we are paying him though if its enough to cover 4 players!

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 03 Jul 2014 12:33

Think it's time for a change of avatar

Handsome Man
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Practically Rock Paper Scissors Champion of the World

by Handsome Man » 03 Jul 2014 12:55

Jano Only player that generated any sort of excitement from me or the crowd in general last season, never given a proper chance and obviously there are issues behind the scenes. Hope he doesn't go to another Championship team as I can see this coming back to bite us on the backside. Does make you wonder what sort of wages we are paying him though if its enough to cover 4 players!

McCleary's goal in the last game provided more excitement than Royston managed in his whole season of overweight, out-of-breath ineptitude. He had loads of chances to show how good he was, and just wasn't able to.

Jano

by Jano » 03 Jul 2014 13:13

Yet McCleary frustrated me more all season. It just seemed to me (and most of the people I know who watched the games last season) that he genuinely seemed to care and was willing to literally run through walls for the team. I can't think of one other player who gave me the same impression last season.

BR2
Hob Nob Regular

by BR2 » 03 Jul 2014 13:30

Jano Yet McCleary frustrated me more all season. It just seemed to me (and most of the people I know who watched the games last season) that he genuinely seemed to care and was willing to literally run through walls for the team. I can't think of one other player who gave me the same impression last season.

Can't agree with "run through walls for the team".
I believe he was our best player last season but, like a lot of our players, he is a bit soft and has been known to shirk a tackle or two.

El Diablo

by El Diablo » 03 Jul 2014 13:41

BR2
Jano Yet McCleary frustrated me more all season. It just seemed to me (and most of the people I know who watched the games last season) that he genuinely seemed to care and was willing to literally run through walls for the team. I can't think of one other player who gave me the same impression last season.

I believe he was our best player last season but, like a lot of our players, he is a bit soft and has been known to shirk a tackle or two.

LOL at running through walls. 2 15 yard bursts then a total sum of oxf*rd all for the remaing 10 minutes = Roystons season last year.

I wouldnt mind betting that Roystons come back to pre- season, wayyy overweight, not close to fit, and massivley failed all the tests that they have to go through.

Probs been excluded for that reason, and that reason only.

Isaac Hunt

by Isaac Hunt » 03 Jul 2014 14:07

El Diablo I wouldnt mind betting that Roystons come back to pre- season, wayyy overweight, not close to fit, and massivley failed all the tests that they have to go through.

Yep, agree with this. I would image it is the reason he's been left out of the squad and now training with the kids.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 03 Jul 2014 14:23

wingnut Hardly a gr8 loss. Here's hoping Anton's other vanity signing, Pog, follows soon after.

Brilliant suggestion. Let's start preparing for next season with no proven top level strikers!

multisync1830
Hob Nob Regular

by multisync1830 » 03 Jul 2014 14:34

El Diablo
BR2

LOL at running through walls. 2 15 yard bursts then a total sum of oxf*rd all for the remaing 10 minutes = Roystons season last year.

I wouldnt mind betting that Roystons come back to pre- season, wayyy overweight, not close to fit, and massivley failed all the tests that they have to go through.

From a text today the reason they are all in Leicester is for fitness assessments so that doesn't seem right?

WestRoyal

by WestRoyal » 03 Jul 2014 14:38

Jano Only player that generated any sort of excitement from me or the crowd in general last season, never given a proper chance and obviously there are issues behind the scenes. Hope he doesn't go to another Championship team as I can see this coming back to bite us on the backside. Does make you wonder what sort of wages we are paying him though if its enough to cover 4 players!

He generated excitement but being the only one is def wrong.

El Diablo

by El Diablo » 03 Jul 2014 14:46

multisync1830
El Diablo []

From a text today the reason they are all in Leicester is for fitness assessments so that doesn't seem right?

Disagree -Check out the clubs twatter feed, some were being tested earlier this week at Solent - - (picture of Akpan)

Failing that , maybe they didnt have a pair of shorts big enough to fit Royston, so sent him to play with the U21's in his pants

M Brook
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by M Brook » 03 Jul 2014 15:52

Agent Balti
M Brook
Agent Balti I did think when he was signed that he'd be a one season wonder (without the actual wonder, as it turned out.)

And without the 'one season' as well!

Well, in the contracted sense, at least!!

Fair point! 8)

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 03 Jul 2014 16:11

"From a text today the reason they are all in Leicester is for fitness assessments so that doesn't seem right?"

I think the reason they are in Leicester is to meet our new owners who are thinking of investing in Leicester and not us ... innit? :D

wingnut
Hob Nob Regular

by wingnut » 03 Jul 2014 16:11

RoyalBlue
wingnut Hardly a gr8 loss. Here's hoping Anton's other vanity signing, Pog, follows soon after.

Brilliant suggestion. Let's start preparing for next season with no proven top level strikers!

Even if we started the season having signed no one to replace these two waste of wages, I don't suppose we'd notice a difference in the number of goals scored.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 05 Jul 2014 08:30

Tommio Royston has put on Instagram that he hasn't traveled with the squad and that he is going to leave

Well this is the best news we've had all year. Glad Adkins is completely freezing him out. Fcuk off you utterly useless cnut.

Can't believe there are STILL people on here saying "The only exciting player we have. Give him a chance".

:lol:

West Stand Flash
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by West Stand Flash » 05 Jul 2014 17:21

He & his agent flying out to Brazil tonight. Looks like he's off there next.

JakeTheRoyal

by JakeTheRoyal » 05 Jul 2014 17:53

And what an agent she is

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 06 Jul 2014 12:36

If he can't get fit in England, what hope has he got in Brazil? He'll be exhausted and sweating buckets after 10 minutes!