Confimred new owners of Raeding Footbal Club

8684 posts
BR2
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Buyout

by BR2 » 22 Jan 2014 12:34

Harrydog always the possibility of getting some loan players til the end of the season.

Only if there is an option to buy.
Adkins says all the time about building a team and a method ready for the Premier League and I agree with him-there is no point getting promoted and then having to change everything.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 22 Jan 2014 12:44

andrew1957
RoyalBlue So earlier this month in his 'staged' interview live on air with Tim Dellor, Madejski stated that funds would be available to Adkins. Having been told that, Dellor even repeated it back to Madejski to make sure that was what he was saying. Furthermore, the availability of funds was not stated as being conditional upon the sale of the club taking place this month.

Now GetReading are saying that funds won't be their for Adkins unless the sale goes through. They quote Adkins as talking about having to give it the best shot with our current squad, which is what Adkins also mentioned live on air with Ady Williams after Saturday's game.

Once again it is starting to look as though we have been given all the damn talk but that 'the walk' is not going to be forthcoming.

To be fair I don't blame Sir John for not putting more money in if AZ won't match. He has been sold down the river by AZ and has no choice now but to sell the "whole" club to a new 100% owner. If that does not go through in time for this transfer window then so be it. I don't think he should be criticised for this. I would certainly do the same in his position.

I think he only sold 51% as he wanted to be sure AZ was right for the club and I would imagine that no one is more gutted than him that AZ turned out to be something else. Now he will have to take the risk of passing on the club into new hands and just hope for the best like the rest of us.

So given that the interview with Dellor was clearly pre-arranged and probably staged, he really should have been far more careful with his choice of wording (perhaps he needs to take a good look at who is advising him on that). As I mentioned previously, Dellor even gave him the opportunity to qualify his remarks/commitment later in the interview.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 22 Jan 2014 12:48

loyalroyal4life
andrew1957 Adkins has been put in an impossible situation

Tbh looking at the division this season and our current squad i still think anything less than top 6 is a failure. Yes we have injuries at the moment but our squad by no means is weak!!

Behind the scenes is no excuse, need to kick on from Bolton and just go for it

Impossible situation :| What, with those parachute payments and summer signings of international players like Drenthe, Bridge, Williams, Baird :?: Christ, he's had it tough.

I agree that anything other than a top 6 finish would constitute a failure.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 22 Jan 2014 12:52

floyd__streete
loyalroyal4life
andrew1957 Adkins has been put in an impossible situation

Tbh looking at the division this season and our current squad i still think anything less than top 6 is a failure. Yes we have injuries at the moment but our squad by no means is weak!!

Behind the scenes is no excuse, need to kick on from Bolton and just go for it

Impossible situation :| What, with those parachute payments and summer signings of international players like Drenthe, Bridge, Williams, Baird :?: Christ, he's had it tough.

I agree that anything other than a top 6 finish would constitute a failure.

When did we sign the son of God?

Promotion would be a miracle

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 22 Jan 2014 12:54

1 October 2005.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 22 Jan 2014 12:58

Zing

Agent Balti
Hob Nob Regular

by Agent Balti » 22 Jan 2014 14:05

floyd__streete ...signings of international players like Drenthe, Bridge, Williams, Baird :?: Christ, he's had it tough.

The ones that have been injured, injured, injured, and oh, injured for a large part of the season. Yeah, pretty tough, I'd say. :roll:

ankeny
Hob Nob Regular

by ankeny » 22 Jan 2014 14:52

Just been to the ground to the club shop(closed!)and at 2.15 loads of reporters were coming out of the hotel.Might not mean a thing but something wsas going on.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 22 Jan 2014 14:56

BR2
Harrydog always the possibility of getting some loan players til the end of the season.

Only if there is an option to buy.
Adkins says all the time about building a team and a method ready for the Premier League and I agree with him-there is no point getting promoted and then having to change everything.

Much like Coppell I'm sure that Adkins will be pragmatic and use the loan market if it's all that's open to him for strengthening the squad.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 22 Jan 2014 15:21

ankeny Just been to the ground to the club shop(closed!)and at 2.15 loads of reporters were coming out of the hotel.Might not mean a thing but something wsas going on.

Could be the long awaited new restaurant menu announcement. We would have heard by now if the scenario you suggest happened, did happen.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 22 Jan 2014 15:26

ankeny Just been to the ground to the club shop(closed!)and at 2.15 loads of reporters were coming out of the hotel.Might not mean a thing but something wsas going on.

prepare to meltdown

Badger Finger
Hob Nob Regular

by Badger Finger » 22 Jan 2014 15:28

Norfolk Royal

Could be the long awaited new restaurant menu announcement. We would have heard by now if the scenario you suggest happened, did happen.

melonhead
prepare to meltdown

Is that on the menu?

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 22 Jan 2014 15:29

yes.

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 22 Jan 2014 15:30

No-one invited Wattsy, so it's nothing we should be interested in.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 22 Jan 2014 15:31

Not saying you are a lying bar steward but Charley Watts was not there as he has just been doing his online web chat.

loyalroyaldaz

by loyalroyaldaz » 22 Jan 2014 15:36

Another wind up Merchant ?!!
How do you know they were reporters?
The place has conferences etc every day so it could be anybody.
Can somebody please stick to facts. We complain bitterly about being fed bullshit and half truths from the club and we just make up random bollox ourselves.
No wonder im so fecking angry on here...

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 22 Jan 2014 15:37

powerpost

YateleyRoyal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Either screwing or working, so the grind don't stop

by YateleyRoyal » 22 Jan 2014 15:41

loyalroyaldaz

Another wind up Merchant ?!!
How do you know they were reporters?
The place has conferences etc every day so it could be anybody.
Can somebody please stick to facts. We complain bitterly about being fed bullshit and half truths from the club and we just make up random bollox ourselves.
No wonder im so fecking angry on here...

Sticking to facts? On the section of the forum for rumours and gossip! Whatever next? Football being talked about in General Sport?

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 22 Jan 2014 15:44

He knew they were reporters because they all came running out wearing trilby hats with a 'press' card sticking out of the band. Also there were a lot of 'boff' type flashbulbs going off and they all ran into a line of connected telephone booths which promptly fell over.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 22 Jan 2014 15:48

Quality this year in the division is poor, we should be beating most teams with/without further investment

8684 posts