Confimred new owners of Raeding Footbal Club

8684 posts
maffff
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Buyout

by maffff » 22 Jan 2014 15:49

ankeny Just been to the ground to the club shop(closed!)and at 2.15 loads of reporters were coming out of the hotel.Might not mean a thing but something wsas going on.

Probably after some breaking news on why the club shop is closed [for stock take]

tee peg
Hob Nob Regular

by tee peg » 22 Jan 2014 15:55

Norfolk Royal He knew they were reporters because they all came running out wearing trilby hats with a 'press' card sticking out of the band. Also there were a lot of 'boff' type flashbulbs going off and they all ran into a line of connected telephone booths which promptly fell over.

:lol:

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 22 Jan 2014 15:59

andrew1957
ankeny Just been to the ground to the club shop(closed!)and at 2.15 loads of reporters were coming out of the hotel.Might not mean a thing but something wsas going on.

Not saying you are a lying bar steward but Charley Watts was not there as he has just been doing his online web chat.

Exactly. And his computer would need to be plugged into his modem at home for that.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 22 Jan 2014 16:04

Pepe the Horseman
andrew1957

Not saying you are a lying bar steward but Charley Watts was not there as he has just been doing his online web chat.

Exactly. And his computer would need to be plugged into his modem at home for that.

I thought it was just Reading Chronicle's journalists on the trusty 56k [hence why their articles are usually a week late...]

Agent Balti
Hob Nob Regular

by Agent Balti » 22 Jan 2014 16:05

maffff I thought it was just Reading Chronicle's journalists on the trusty 56k [hence why their articles are usually a week late...]

*boom boom tsch* He's here all week. ;)

Dick Habbin's hairdo
Hob Nob Regular

by Dick Habbin's hairdo » 22 Jan 2014 16:17

Norfolk Royal He knew they were reporters because they all came running out wearing trilby hats with a 'press' card sticking out of the band. Also there were a lot of 'boff' type flashbulbs going off and they all ran into a line of connected telephone booths which promptly fell over.

Beautiful. Restored my hope for this thread..... :lol:

Dick Habbin's hairdo
Hob Nob Regular

by Dick Habbin's hairdo » 22 Jan 2014 16:19

loyalroyal4life Quality this year in the division is poor, we should be beating most teams with/without further investment

This. Poor, poor division this year. And I can't quite grasp why Leicester appear to running away with it at this stage.

Mind you, we'll win 16 of our next 18...... :roll:

elman

by elman » 22 Jan 2014 16:22

Dick Habbin's hairdo
loyalroyal4life Quality this year in the division is poor, we should be beating most teams with/without further investment

This. Poor, poor division this year. And I can't quite grasp why Leicester appear to running away with it at this stage.

After watching Leeds V Leicester at the weekend I agree with the above comment. The Foxes were lucky
to sneak a goal but all in all it was a pretty dire affair

Agent Balti
Hob Nob Regular

by Agent Balti » 22 Jan 2014 16:23

Dick Habbin's hairdo And I can't quite grasp why Leicester appear to running away with it at this stage.

Winning lots of matches, that's what I'm putting my money on. Shoot me down, if you may.

Unbelievable Jeff

by Unbelievable Jeff » 22 Jan 2014 16:39

Dick Habbin's hairdo

Typical Reading fans thinking we will win every game!

If you can remember the majority of our games this season we have hardly set the league alight, all of the teams around us will be saying exactly the same thing.

Have you never thought that we may not be just as good as we all think and we are just one of the "poor teams" because I have seen little to suggest otherwise

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 22 Jan 2014 16:47

Erm...

loyalroyaldaz

by loyalroyaldaz » 22 Jan 2014 16:50

Thank Fcuk for that. For a minute i thought he was going to say somebody wearing specs came out, span round in the circulating door, came out in a blue and red Leotard and cape before promptly flying off in the direction of Hogwood !

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 22 Jan 2014 17:45

Agree this stinks of bullsh&t but at least ankeny is not dave royal .... so it could be true.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 22 Jan 2014 17:47

No the club shop is indeed closed...but for the stock take the club's been tweeting about for days.

ankeny
Hob Nob Regular

by ankeny » 22 Jan 2014 18:40

I asked for that :D never been a wind up merchant in my life ,all 65 years of it ,on reflection I probably got over excited(I honestly didn't know the clubs shop was closed) false alarm,it must have been some guys coming out of a conference :oops: But please,dont link me in with Dave Royal,I think he is a idiot as well.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 22 Jan 2014 18:44

Of course, a stock-take in itself can sometimes be an indication of an imminent takeover...

ronnyroyal

by ronnyroyal » 22 Jan 2014 18:53

Directors box is especially busy for FA youth cup

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 22 Jan 2014 19:12

ankeny I asked for that :D never been a wind up merchant in my life ,all 65 years of it ,on reflection I probably got over excited(I honestly didn't know the clubs shop was closed) false alarm,it must have been some guys coming out of a conference :oops: But please,dont link me in with Dave Royal,I think he is a idiot as well.

LOL ... all is forgiven! Or should I say ... u obv no nuffin do u bout the reading !?

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 22 Jan 2014 19:14

On a positive note though ... we've just scooped the LMA Award (or should that be the LMAA - very funny for anyone who speaks German). We may not win the title, but we can console ourselves that we won the LMAA for this weekend ...! :D

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 22 Jan 2014 20:54

Unbelievable Jeff
Dick Habbin's hairdo

Typical Reading fans thinking we will win every game!

If you can remember the majority of our games this season we have hardly set the league alight, all of the teams around us will be saying exactly the same thing.

Have you never thought that we may not be just as good as we all think and we are just one of the "poor teams" because I have seen little to suggest otherwise

And what happened 2 years ago? :roll:

8684 posts