Confimred new owners of Raeding Footbal Club

8684 posts
Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Buyout

by Big Ern » 23 Jan 2014 02:38

Royal Ginger Adkins is sitting pretty, he's been given an excellent excuse for not getting promotion/playoffs. From the beginning of the season he's said that we needed to be in the races come January (which we are) and that the business we do in the window will give us the means to go for the top of the table. That was always going to be a big ask. Now, he's been able to do his bit (be in the hunting pack) but the club's not provided stage two. Ready made excuse come May. No-one can really argue that he's done his part.

I doubt there is anybody at the club more frustrated about the lack of funds than Adkins. He is a proud and ambitious manager who craves success. He is hardly sitting pretty after taking a job he thought would give him the tools to deliver, instead he is manager of a club that can't even compete with Doncaster. I would say he is probably quite pissed off if anything.

paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

by paddy20 » 23 Jan 2014 08:58

I repeat my earlier post - the man at the top says 'at the moment we are not near'

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 23 Jan 2014 09:39

Big Ern
Royal Ginger Adkins is sitting pretty, he's been given an excellent excuse for not getting promotion/playoffs. From the beginning of the season he's said that we needed to be in the races come January (which we are) and that the business we do in the window will give us the means to go for the top of the table. That was always going to be a big ask. Now, he's been able to do his bit (be in the hunting pack) but the club's not provided stage two. Ready made excuse come May. No-one can really argue that he's done his part.

I doubt there is anybody at the club more frustrated about the lack of funds than Adkins. He is a proud and ambitious manager who craves success. He is hardly sitting pretty after taking a job he thought would give him the tools to deliver, instead he is manager of a club that can't even compete with Doncaster. I would say he is probably quite pissed off if anything.

You're right of course, he's probably extremely frustrated, but from a point of job security (assuming the new people don't want their own guy) it's all fallen into place for him.

jellytot

by jellytot » 23 Jan 2014 09:57

Anyway he would walk into most football jobs at the moment. He will be ok.

AZ is the guy we should all be angry with. HE is the king Cnut.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 23 Jan 2014 10:00

winchester_royal Of course, a stock-take in itself can sometimes be an indication of an imminent takeover...

Looks like that's what we're doing with the squad right now. Closed for business.

JIM

by JIM » 23 Jan 2014 10:13

The saga drags on.like who shot JR. lucky we are not in USA,or it could be who shot JM ? who fired NA ? Where the long money gone? are we doomed ? When will it all end ? stay tuned to this site for all updated and relevant info . you wont get it here. :oops: :oops: :oops:

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 23 Jan 2014 10:37

Q-

If we finish this transfer window with the squad intact - keep McCarthy and Feds, Le Fondre and Pog etc and let a few youngsters go out on loan for the end of the season.

Is that successful in itself?

Although it seems like we're not buying anyone, it doesn't look like we're considering business out either.
Last edited by maffff on 23 Jan 2014 10:39, edited 1 time in total.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 23 Jan 2014 10:38

paddy20 I repeat my earlier post - the man at the top says 'at the moment we are not near'

That's not what I heard - although it depends what you mean by 'near' .... if you mean within this transfer window then I agree.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 23 Jan 2014 11:10

what you talkin 'bout, random word generator?

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 23 Jan 2014 11:14

Royalwaster
paddy20 I repeat my earlier post - the man at the top says 'at the moment we are not near'

That's not what I heard - although it depends what you mean by 'near' .... if you mean within this transfer window then I agree.

Not sure that's a problem tbh. With players coming back from injury, as well as the influx of younger talent, we've got a squad that can put up a decent fight from now until the end of the season. January is a notoriously difficult time to find value, and if we are going to recycle the squad then we're better off doing it January once we've cleared out the deadwood and have more flexibility in terms of our wage budget. I'd rather we did that, than get some investment in and then panic by offering injury prone 33 year olds 3 year deals on big money in a desperate attempt to go up this season.

Yes we may be a little short up front, but Pog and Alf are forming a good partnership, we have HRK to come back into the reckoning, and Blackman will do a job. There's always the option of the loan market when the window ends as well.

Far more important we make sure that the guys who do end up buying the club have the necessary motivation and resources to take us on than signing a couple of players in this window.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 23 Jan 2014 11:23

maffff Q-

If we finish this transfer window with the squad intact - keep McCarthy and Feds, Le Fondre and Pog etc and let a few youngsters go out on loan for the end of the season.

Although it seems like we're not buying anyone, it doesn't look like we're considering business out either.

Holding on to Pog, Alf, McCarthy >>>>>>Signing Sharp, Baird, A N Other.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 23 Jan 2014 11:27

Royal Ginger
maffff Q-

^^ this

TSI won't put money into RFC

SJM won't allow us to sell to give money to TSI

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 23 Jan 2014 11:51

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 23 Jan 2014 11:52

Uke
Royal Ginger
maffff Q-

^^ this

TSI won't put money into RFC

SJM won't allow us to sell to give money to TSI

Agreed. Watts also commented recently about looking towards Russia for the Mariappa and Kebe money..

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 23 Jan 2014 12:00

Has he left Cagliari though?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massimo_Cellino

Think Leeds is hi main thrust though

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... Leeds.html

New owner for McD too?

He'll sail through the F&PP tests if past form is anything to go on

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foot ... 94422.html

The original article translates as

MILAN : Test of English for Massimo Cellino , president of Cagliari , close to the reported purchase of Leeds United English Championship club . A negotiation conducted in great secrecy in recent weeks Sardinia - axis england , first by Italian intermediaries , then with a lunge decided by Cellino . Last Sunday, the deal seemed almost done, then problems arose on the assessment of the club and the signatures were postponed . Wait , then, that it lasted and lunge again yesterday with Cellino waiting for the documents signed by the owner of the English club . The finish looks really close, but before the fax from England the handover may not be complete . Trivia: Leeds is the technical sponsor of the Italian Macron. Consortium in Bahrain The majority shareholder of Leeds is the GFH capital ( Gulf Finance House) , a consortium based in Bahrain which also includes the main sponsor , who has sold 75% of the shares. A complex business where the end is full of suspense and that would lead a second club in the Championship under the direct control of Italian . For two years, in fact, the Pozzo family is the owner of Watford, with a lot of Italian coach , before Zola and now Sannino . The name of Cellino , among other things, in England is certainly not new , a few years ago it was not one of his unsuccessful attempt to acquire West Ham . Now, new ambitions , with voices that have chased interest for Reading and Middlesbrough. Cagliari : Julio Cesar - Vecino From finance to market Cellino does not stand still and watch. In these hours has caught on to the idea of ​​bringing Julio Cesar to Cagliari. Seductive hypothesis that the Brazilian goalkeeper out of the QPR , however, yet to be built with all the unknowns about the assignment , but with the desire of the goalkeeper back into the game in the months before the World Cup . Meanwhile, a new signing already exists: it is the twenty-two Matias Vecino , Fiorentina's Uruguayan midfielder . A choice made by the technical Lopez , who has preferred to Munari . Finally, expect the documents of the EU passport starlet Adryan Flamengo arrived in Sardinia for a week . A necessary condition for membership in red and blue . Action for Pinilla Rossoblu waiting for the appeal against the disqualification of Pinilla ( two days , one of which has already been served ) . According to the defense argument Cagliari , Pinilla had turned to the referee in the match with Juventus with a look outrageous but not offensive . Hence the hope of the discount and the opportunity to play him against Milan . © ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

http://archiviostorico.gazzetta.it/2014 ... c9c4.shtml

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 23 Jan 2014 19:54

Norfolk Royal He knew they were reporters because they all came running out wearing trilby hats with a 'press' card sticking out of the band. Also there were a lot of 'boff' type flashbulbs going off and they all ran into a line of connected telephone booths which promptly fell over.

I don`t normally genuinely LOL on this forum, but this did it for me till my ribs hurt, well done

ankeny
Hob Nob Regular

by ankeny » 23 Jan 2014 20:32

windermere_royal
Norfolk Royal He knew they were reporters because they all came running out wearing trilby hats with a 'press' card sticking out of the band. Also there were a lot of 'boff' type flashbulbs going off and they all ran into a line of connected telephone booths which promptly fell over.

I don`t normally genuinely LOL on this forum, but this did it for me till my ribs hurt, well done

Yea I thought it was funny yesterday :roll:

loyalroyaldaz

by loyalroyaldaz » 23 Jan 2014 22:28

What the fcuk is going on?
Somebody wants to buy, Sjm and AZ want to sell.
Just get on with it.
If as we are led to believe there are two interested parties then surely it would be easier to get the right deal.
Love this Club but its fecking infuriating at time

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 23 Jan 2014 22:36

Do you really want the club to rush it through, just so we can try and buy some players at an overinfl8ed price? When we have some coming back from injury in those wanted positions anyway?

Considering what happened with Zingarevich I wouldn't mind if the club took a bit of time to do thorough research on these guys. If that means missing out on some players in January then so be it.

I don't think we will go up or down this season anyway, so I doubt it would make a difference in the long run whether we were active in this window or not.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 23 Jan 2014 22:47

I don't get this "Adkins will be pissed off" line some are taking.

Ok, I do appreciate that a football manager's working life is not a long one, but there can't be too many largely unskilled jobs where you get paid £500k pa (guess) and feel pissed off if a hold is placed on your investment budget, whilst allowing all current commitments and employed staff to remain in place....

Sit tight, take the money and make the best of it.

But also, I don't really get why everyone is so so desperate for new players to come in and will feel hugely let down if they don't. Maybe the squad doesn't need new players, maybe it just needs to find form and confidence and steer clear of injuries - the recent signs are promising on all those scores.

The world of football has got so wrapped up in the merry go round of players and managers that it is just expected Reading FC should get on it when there is pretty good reason to believe we don't need to, and it is also expected that a manager will want to get on it as soon as there is a bit of upheaval in the boardroom.

Most of it is a load of old bollocks in my opinion.

8684 posts