Confimred new owners of Raeding Footbal Club

8684 posts
loyalroyaldaz

Re: Buyout

by loyalroyaldaz » 05 Feb 2014 17:20

Norfolk Royal
Royal Lady Why does Nige insist on having that bit of hair sticking up like Tintin? :|

Have you not seen There's Something About Mary?

It's HRK's Jizz

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 05 Feb 2014 17:34

Royal Lady Why does Nige insist on having that bit of hair sticking up like Tintin? :|

Perhaps it's a cowlick. I had one until my hair receded back... I was actually glad when it did. I could never have curtains when it was cool to have them... Spiked, gelled and under-cut, or shaved was all I could do with mine. Now I go for the aerodynamic look.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 05 Feb 2014 17:37

SPARTA

Perhaps it's a cowlick. I had one until my hair receded back...

Would be a medical first if it had receded forwards.

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular

by SPARTA » 05 Feb 2014 17:53

Back on topic...

:wink:

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 05 Feb 2014 18:11

RoyalBlue
Madejski was the man who bought and therefore 'saved' us next time around but at that time there were other possible investors showing an interest including a well known rock star.

We get it that you don't like Madejski all that much, but hand on heart do you really feel that the "well known rock star" could have taken us as far.
We would probably still be playing at Elm park, it is amazing that there are bellends around like you that cannot give Madejski any credit at all.

JIM

by JIM » 05 Feb 2014 18:13

OK so with everything back to normal. can someone find out what N/A and team told before kick off two weeks ago. that was to be a secret,or is it still a secret ?

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 05 Feb 2014 18:38

72 bus
RoyalBlue
Madejski was the man who bought and therefore 'saved' us next time around but at that time there were other possible investors showing an interest including a well known rock star.

We get it that you don't like Madejski all that much, but hand on heart do you really feel that the "well known rock star" could have taken us as far.
We would probably still be playing at Elm park, it is amazing that there are bellends around like you that cannot give Madejski any credit at all.

The "well known rock star" would have been no White Knight, he'd have been a strange kind of owner. In time he'd have been as childish as Zingarevich.

He'd burn the place to the ground...

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 05 Feb 2014 19:24

CholseyRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by CholseyRoyal » 05 Feb 2014 19:27

Nothing really new other than a buyout seems very far away but SJM now has the casting vote.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 05 Feb 2014 20:07

SPARTA

Perhaps it's a cowlick. I had one until my hair receded back... I was actually glad when it did. I could never have curtains when it was cool to have them... Spiked, gelled and under-cut, or shaved was all I could do with mine. Now I go for the aerodynamic look.

Some of us wish we could have a stupid hair cut.

royalgrumpy

by royalgrumpy » 05 Feb 2014 20:46

SJM - "I can't afford to keep Reading FC" http://www.itv.com/news/meridian/story/ ... ls-future/

You want honesty, there it is!

paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

by paddy20 » 05 Feb 2014 20:53

As I said we were never near to selling. Told by someone very close. Apparently the offers weren't that good

multisync1830
Hob Nob Regular

by multisync1830 » 05 Feb 2014 21:11

paddy20 As I said we were never near to selling. Told by someone very close. Apparently the offers weren't that good

The term I heard was derisory which was why it dragged on and the Americans came sniffing round who put in a low bid too

Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

by Reading4eva » 06 Feb 2014 07:06

Uke
72 bus
RoyalBlue

The "well known rock star" would have been no White Knight, he'd have been a strange kind of owner. In time he'd have been as childish as Zingarevich.

That would be awful as fame and fortune in that game only lasts so long.

Really which rockstar from the 80's would buy us who is still making music today. Is say 50% of them who do appear are skint now!

And before anyone asks, Bon Jovi was never going to put any cash on the table

TheRouge

by TheRouge » 06 Feb 2014 07:34

My source tells me this is all a bad misunderstanding. Someone asked a guy from Yorkshire what the Omanis and Yanks were doing looking at the club and he said 'they are not gonna buy 'owt'

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 06 Feb 2014 08:11

Reading4eva
Uke The "well known rock star" would have been no White Knight, he'd have been a strange kind of owner. In time he'd have been as childish as Zingarevich.

That would be awful as fame and fortune in that game only lasts so long.

Really which rockstar from the 80's would buy us who is still making music today. Is say 50% of them who do appear are skint now!

And before anyone asks, Bon Jovi was never going to put any cash on the table

From the 80's :lol:

Still making records, but he'd never have been rich enough to take us further

Does he still go to games?

ankeny
Hob Nob Regular

by ankeny » 06 Feb 2014 09:44

The rock star was Gillan of Deep Purple,

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 06 Feb 2014 10:21

ankeny The rock star was Gillan of Deep Purple,

Really? I'd never have guessed...

A bit lazy of me

Also Ian Gillan Shirley.

Gillan was the name of his band...

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 06 Feb 2014 10:36

Interesting that on Radio Berks interview I heard this morning - SJM constantly talks about being "in contact with the Zingarevich family" - I wonder what has happened to AZ?? I got the impression that Boris WAS the one funding it - fronted by AZ and TSI - was Boris checked throught he fit and proper channels?

SJM says he has a controlling vote - ergo he is in charge albeit having "only" 49% of the shares.

He couldn't rule out the possibility of selling players at the end of the season. For the love of God Nige and the Team, get us promoted, even if it means winning the play-offs this time - at least that will give us a bit of respite for a while - yes, wages will go up - but the group of players we have here, when all fully fit, could do enough to keep us up next season and we'll also be a good prospect for a buyout - we could afford to buy in one or two more players to strengthen the team also. If we stay in the Championship at the end of the season, we'll lose McCarthy, Le Fondre, McCleary and a few more and it will be back to the drawing board, with little to no money to replace them with, no new owner and an uphill struggle. Sorry to sound so defeatist, but I think the lack of interest from a new owner and the unwillingness (and I don't blame him) from SJM to put a penny more in, will mean that if we don't go up this season, we'll really struggle in the future. :cry:

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular

by SPARTA » 06 Feb 2014 11:03

Royal Lady was Boris checked throught he fit and proper channels?

Yes.

8684 posts