Confimred new owners of Raeding Footbal Club

8684 posts
genome
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Confimred new owners of Reading Football Club

by genome » 30 Sep 2014 23:42

JIM, you're besmirching your once gr8 name.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 01 Oct 2014 09:25

What did we use the money for ALF, McCarthy and Morrison for? Or did that pay our debts? Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking the Thai consortium (yet lols) but don't make the mistake of thinking it's all THEIR money that has brought in other players - we did get a few million for the three players mentioned...

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 01 Oct 2014 10:29

Well ALF paid the tax bill bill and stopped administration. But the other money would have gone towards the new recruits.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 01 Oct 2014 10:43

Sutekh Well ALF paid the tax bill bill and stopped administration. But the other money would have gone towards the new recruits.

Because the Thais had assumed / cleared the debts we were unable to pay.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 01 Oct 2014 10:46

Royal Lady What did we use the money for ALF, McCarthy and Morrison for? Or did that pay our debts? Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking the Thai consortium (yet lols) but don't make the mistake of thinking it's all THEIR money that has brought in other players - we did get a few million for the three players mentioned...

ALF was sold before the Thai's came in to pay the tax bill, Norwood was £1.5m iirc, also potential loan fees for Murray and Mackie, potentially we may be reserving some money for a deal for Murray in January if there is indeed an agreed fee for him.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 01 Oct 2014 11:27

So, basically, the Thai's are not the great saviours.....yet. I'm erring on the side of caution here again I'm afraid - time will tell though and I do hope they will be able to help us to improve the team and push on.

Who Moved The Goalposts?

by Who Moved The Goalposts? » 01 Oct 2014 11:41

Royal Lady So, basically, the Thai's are not the great saviours.....yet. I'm erring on the side of caution here again I'm afraid - time will tell though and I do hope they will be able to help us to improve the team and push on.

Great saviours in the sense that they have thrown money at the team? No.

But saviours in the fact they have made the club debt-free and looking good to stay at this level whereas before they arrived we could have been staring at administration and a likely drop down a division? Yes.

KC Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by KC Royal » 01 Oct 2014 12:01

I'm not sure what people expect. We're not going to spend millions when we've got FFP to think about, plus wages of the current playing staff.

Tbh, I've never thought you need to spend loads to succeed in the Championship anyway though.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 01 Oct 2014 12:04

Just need a good team spirit and some momentum, look at the sides recently that have got promoted and immediately looked comfortable.

The gap between Championship and League 1 quality wise is narrowing, it's just ridiculously hard to get up the leagues because they are so competitive.

Who Moved The Goalposts?

by Who Moved The Goalposts? » 01 Oct 2014 12:17

KC Royal I'm not sure what people expect. We're not going to spend millions when we've got FFP to think about, plus wages of the current playing staff.

Tbh, I've never thought you need to spend loads to succeed in the Championship anyway though.

Indeed. The 106 team was cheap by comparison to some of the teams today.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 01 Oct 2014 13:35

Royal Lady So, basically, the Thai's are not the great saviours.....yet. I'm erring on the side of caution here again I'm afraid - time will tell though and I do hope they will be able to help us to improve the team and push on.

The question was have they done anything positive. That statement and being 'great saviours' are entirely different things. No one has said they are great saviours.

Although their involvement has stopped the club going deeper into financial trouble and probably administration / selling off all our decent players.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 01 Oct 2014 14:30

Ian Royal

The question was have they done anything positive. That statement and being 'great saviours' are entirely different things. No one has said they are great saviours.

Although their involvement has stopped the club going deeper into financial trouble and probably administration / selling off all our decent players.

Yeah and your contribution was : they allowed us to purchase some players. My view is that we got money in from other players which would have countered that outlay.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 01 Oct 2014 14:57

Royal Lady
Ian Royal

Yeah and your contribution was : they allowed us to purchase some players. My view is that we got money in from other players which would have countered that outlay.

But we wouldn't have been able to use that money from bringing players in if the Thais hadn't arrived in the first place. The ALF sale covered 1 month's worth of tax bills, it didn't cover the massive losses we made from last season, nor the many more tax bills still to come. What part of we were days away from administration do people not understand? If the club was still in the ownership position it was in 3 months ago we'd have brought in no players, sold plenty more, and still probably be in administration. I don't think anybody is suggesting that we can be 100% certain that things are completely rosy now, but to suggest that their arrival didn't massively contribute to the business we were able to do this season is, imho, pure folly.

JIM

by JIM » 01 Oct 2014 16:36

OK I changed my mind , no comment

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 01 Oct 2014 16:38

JIM OK, So if they did all that, where the money for all our top players we were forced to sell, in order to pay off the tax man,This is a bigger conspiracy than ROSWELL. JM said the new owners bought new players . WRONG no players were transfer paid poss COX but all the rest were loans or free, start asking questions, ITS YOUR CLUB

What questions need to be asked? The previous regime under-estimated the costs of running a football club and almost bankrupt us, we're in the middle of picking up the pieces, step 1) Drenthe's contract expires this summer.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 01 Oct 2014 16:58

winchester_royal
Royal Lady
Ian Royal The question was have they done anything positive. That statement and being 'great saviours' are entirely different things. No one has said they are great saviours.

But we wouldn't have been able to use that money from bringing players in if the Thais hadn't arrived in the first place. The ALF sale covered 1 month's worth of tax bills, it didn't cover the massive losses we made from last season, nor the many more tax bills still to come. What part of we were days away from administration do people not understand? If the club was still in the ownership position it was in 3 months ago we'd have brought in no players, sold plenty more, and still probably be in administration. I don't think anybody is suggesting that we can be 100% certain that things are completely rosy now, but to suggest that their arrival didn't massively contribute to the business we were able to do this season is, imho, pure folly.

This. It's really not that hard. Also, my contribution was they cleared / assumed our debts and allowed us to buy players. Not just they allowed us to buy players. As winch says, one contributed to the other.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 01 Oct 2014 19:41

Who Moved The Goalposts?
KC Royal I'm not sure what people expect. We're not going to spend millions when we've got FFP to think about, plus wages of the current playing staff.

Indeed. The 106 team was cheap by comparison to some of the teams today.

5 million. Total

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 01 Oct 2014 19:44

]
JIM WRONG no players were transfer paid... poss COX

:lol:
Brilliant

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 02 Oct 2014 14:16

melonhead ]
JIM WRONG no players were transfer paid... poss COX

:lol:
Brilliant

Looks like your quote hit the post but went in.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 03 Oct 2014 20:08

Add McCleary to the list of Thai achievements. No chance he'd have signed a new deal 3 months ago.

8684 posts