Royston worst ever Reading signing?

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Royston worst ever Reading signing?

by Nameless » 15 Jul 2014 23:35

Royal Biscuitman In terms of benching players, I still feel bad about the way Salako being dropped and told he wouldn't be selected again unless he signed an agreement to sign away the clause in his contract that would give him a year extension if he made so many appearances.

Salako needed to feel pretty upset with his agent who probably thought he was really clever when he got that clause added, without thinking that it would obviously backfire.

yappy

by yappy » 15 Jul 2014 23:59

Nameless
Royal Biscuitman In terms of benching players, I still feel bad about the way Salako being dropped and told he wouldn't be selected again unless he signed an agreement to sign away the clause in his contract that would give him a year extension if he made so many appearances.

Salako needed to feel pretty upset with his agent who probably thought he was really clever when he got that clause added, without thinking that it would obviously backfire.

I'm sorry but that's nonsense, the club agreed to the term and should have stuck by it.

RIP ELM Park

by RIP ELM Park » 16 Jul 2014 06:10

yappy
Nameless

I'm sorry but that's nonsense, the club agreed to the term and should have stuck by it.

The club did stick to the agreement?

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 16 Jul 2014 07:41

The problem was that Salako would have been dropped for purely financial reasons rather than footballing ones.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 16 Jul 2014 08:17

Yappy has a point. The club signs these contracts, if they can't stick to these deals they shouldn't make them - it's not really the players fault.