CONFIMRED - Glenn Murray on loan

1020 posts
Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: CONFIMRED - Glenn Murray on loan

by Ian Royal » 03 Sep 2014 14:46

Extended-Phenotype I don't keep trotting it out. I've said it twice - fair enough concern after what has happened to us before regarding short loans.

Not really. It's a loan with a view to a buy. We can't be pipped if we want him.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 03 Sep 2014 14:55

Ian Royal
Extended-Phenotype I don't keep trotting it out. I've said it twice - fair enough concern after what has happened to us before regarding short loans.

Not really. It's a loan with a view to a buy. We can't be pipped if we want him.

So we say we want to keep him, and I dunno, Sunderland put in a bigger offer and Murray wants out - he's still ours?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 03 Sep 2014 15:05

Extended-Phenotype
Ian Royal

So we say we want to keep him, and I dunno, Sunderland put in a bigger offer and Murray wants out - he's still ours?

We've got a deal to loan him with a view to a permanent signing. No one knows the exact terms of the deal, but you have to assume that personal terms have been accepted if he's actually here and it's a formality of just handing over the cash. Like Sevilla and Carrico.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 03 Sep 2014 15:08

Fair enough. If he literally can't go anywhere unless he's rubbish and we end up not wanting him, then I take it back - it's an okay deal.

Still would have preferred us to have signed someone permanent who doesn't require a four month probation period to find out if he can still run.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 03 Sep 2014 15:33

Extended-Phenotype He might not be good/fit
If he’s good we might not be able to hold onto him

The happy part is what, “at least we won’t have spent much money”?

plus the potential goals he will score for us till December and the potential success that would bring

DOYLERSAROYALER
Hob Nob Regular

by DOYLERSAROYALER » 03 Sep 2014 19:09

Problem being if he finds his goal scoring touch ..no doubt Colin will have him back and the loan deal backfires...we are in a lose lose situ...let's enjoy the 3 months ..

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 03 Sep 2014 19:22

DOYLERSAROYALER Problem being if he finds his goal scoring touch ..no doubt Colin will have him back and the loan deal backfires...we are in a lose lose situ...let's enjoy the 3 months ..

I think it`s already been agreed that the loan period is to assess his fitness and to sign him at an already agreed fee.
Last edited by windermere_royal on 03 Sep 2014 19:48, edited 1 time in total.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 03 Sep 2014 19:41

Exactly what part of "Loan with the option to buy" is that people are struggling with?

Old Biscuitman

by Old Biscuitman » 03 Sep 2014 20:05

Seems to me posters have developed OCD. Let's give the bloke and the club a chance, without getting knickers in a twist about too many details. Look on the bright side, wait for his first game.
PS. No comments please about This is a discussion forum blah blah. Think before you write.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 03 Sep 2014 20:22

Ian Royal Exactly what part of "Loan with the option to buy" is that people are struggling with?

All of it. I genuinely don't know what that ensures.

If it's "we want him" = he's ours, no way out - cool as.

If he or his club can back out, or someone else can trump us then not so cool. This was my (mis?)understanding of it.

kwik-silva
Hob Nob Regular

by kwik-silva » 03 Sep 2014 20:43

Basically, if Reading want him then he's ours. Dependent on contracts of course, but no other club can come in, and Palace cannot reneg on the deal.

Agent Balti
Hob Nob Regular

by Agent Balti » 03 Sep 2014 20:50

Further to the loan with view to perm, didn't Murray himself ask for a move to a 'local' club (as opposed to the theoretical Sunderland)

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 03 Sep 2014 21:33

Extended-Phenotype
Ian Royal Exactly what part of "Loan with the option to buy" is that people are struggling with?

If he or his club can back out, or someone else can trump us then not so cool. This was my (mis?)understanding of it.

Option 2 is just a loan, there's no meaning to having an option to buy if it can just be refused or gazumped.

RoyallyFcuked
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyallyFcuked » 04 Sep 2014 01:43

It's up to us whether we buy him or not in January, and that will depend on how well he does, obviously. I think he's a very good player, especially at this level.

He is proven goalscorer, a guy that can score us 20+ goals in a season. If he stays fit and gets a couple early on we could see the best of him. Here's to hoping he is still as good as he was before his injury.

Pleased we have signed him anyway, when we get players back from injury we might just do alright. Looking forward to it 8)

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 04 Sep 2014 07:00

Sadly, some of our fans have a permanently negative and cynical mind set about WHATEVER the Club does.

Scenario 1: We get Murray in on a loan, with a option to purchase: "Getting him on the cheap and if he is any good, we lose him to someone bigger than us who will gazump what we have already agreed with the player and Crystal Palace".

Scenario 2: We had only got him on loan: "Typical Reading; if he bangs in the goals, we will lose him in January. Why didn't Hammond arrange for us to have an option to purchase like the big clubs do?"

Scenario 3: We buy him, with a 2 Year contract: "Typical Reading; if he isn't back to full fitness, then we will end up in the same situation we were with Jason Roberts"

Scenario 4: We buy him, with a 4 Year contract: "What has Hammond done! If he isn't any good or unfit, then we will be lumbered with his big wages like we have been with the Pog; typical Reading".

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 04 Sep 2014 07:06

Mr Angry Sadly, some of our fans have a permanently negative and cynical mind set about WHATEVER the Club does.

Scenario 1: We get Murray in on a loan, with a option to purchase: "Getting him on the cheap and if he is any good, we lose him to someone bigger than us who will gazump what we have already agreed with the player and Crystal Palace".

Scenario 2: We had only got him on loan: "Typical Reading; if he bangs in the goals, we will lose him in January. Why didn't Hammond arrange for us to have an option to purchase like the big clubs do?"

Scenario 3: We buy him, with a 2 Year contract: "Typical Reading; if he isn't back to full fitness, then we will end up in the same situation we were with Jason Roberts"

Scenario 4: We buy him, with a 4 Year contract: "What has Hammond done! If he isn't any good or unfit, then we will be lumbered with his big wages like we have been with the Pog; typical Reading".

Don't forget Scenario 5: We don't get him at all: 'Typical Reading, miss out on a transfer opportunity and let him go elsewhere'. He'll come back to haunt us when we play [insert name of club who do get him].'

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 04 Sep 2014 08:28

Ian Royal
Extended-Phenotype

Option 2 is just a loan, there's no meaning to having an option to buy if it can just be refused or gazumped.

Oh yeah, I guess it would be. Always thought it was like a provisional agreement, bit like a release clause.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 04 Sep 2014 09:12

Extended-Phenotype Fair enough. If he literally can't go anywhere unless he's rubbish and we end up not wanting him, then I take it back - it's an okay deal.

Still would have preferred us to have signed someone permanent who doesn't require a four month probation period to find out if he can still run.

Known for being ultra professional and a bit of a moody git (sounds like Griffin...). Might also allow us to assess the dynamic of him around the squad too.

Agreed fee, contract signed, Palace can't back out. We just make the move official if we are happy.

Zana Badawi

by Zana Badawi » 04 Sep 2014 09:31

maffff
Agreed fee, contract signed, Palace can't back out. We just make the move official if we are happy.

What if he doesn't agree personal terms?
Are they covered in the loan agreement with Palace?

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 04 Sep 2014 09:56

Like with the Carriço deal, that sort of stuff was agreed and signed at the outset, subject to being invoked.

1020 posts