Michael Hector

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Michael Hector

by Ian Royal » 16 Aug 2014 21:22

After hearing Hector commentate on the youth games last season, I wanted him to be great. Then he got a few games and looked very promising. Now he's delivered with an absolutely brilliant performance at centreback.

Won his headers and was always looking to send them to a blue and white shirt. Nicked the ball loads of times. Strong. Quick. Talking to everyone else all the time. Nearly capped it off with a hilarious own goal, but Fed saved at his near post.

He's beaten my wildest expectations and if he can play half that well every game, we've replaced Morrison instantly.

Chuckle Brother

by Chuckle Brother » 16 Aug 2014 22:09

Big Ern Before i saw this thread I was thinking how long it would be before someone posted a "Hector was amazing, we don't need a new center back." All that based on one game!!

We DO need another center back, of that I am sure.

I remember a MichaelThorp playing a blinder in his debut a few years back and people were calling him the next Tony Adams. Where is he now?

In a swimming pool in Australia ? Being gay ?

percy_freeman

by percy_freeman » 16 Aug 2014 23:00

Simon Church can suck my cock....

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 16 Aug 2014 23:06

Big Ern Before i saw this thread I was thinking how long it would be before someone posted a "Hector was amazing, we don't need a new center back." All that based on one game!!

Actually, two games at centre back. He was equally assured playing in that position away at Brighton last season. But yes, we probably need a 4th centre back, though Gunter also did a decent job there a couple of times as well. Gorkss is still a free agent!

Forever Reading
Location: We are the boys of the Elm Park Choir, Singing on a Saturday keeps us fit....

by Forever Reading » 16 Aug 2014 23:36

3points

Actually, two games at centre back. He was equally assured playing in that position away at Brighton last season. But yes, we probably need a 4th centre back, though Gunter also did a decent job there a couple of times as well. Gorkss is still a free agent!

We have another centre back - Jake Cooper

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 17 Aug 2014 01:00

percy_freeman Simon Church can suck my cock....

His mouth is full with Gylfi at the moment.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 17 Aug 2014 02:20

leww_rfc 10/10 today. Back in his natural position, a season of performances like today and he'll be POTS without a shadow of a doubt.
wait till we get obita back out on the left!

ayjaydee
Hob Nob Regular

by ayjaydee » 17 Aug 2014 09:37

Forever Reading
3points

We have another centre back - Jake Cooper

Maybe not just yet but certainly another prospect. He had 2 headers to deal with and one of them took the ball cleanly and clattered the player as well, impressive cameo.

The Real Sandhurst Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by The Real Sandhurst Royal » 20 Aug 2014 07:22

From hero to villain in a couple a seconds against Huddersfield, that's football for you.

He put it behind him though and still put in a good performance.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 20 Aug 2014 09:25

He's gonna make mistakes, he's still raw. But he's worth persevering with fo sho.

Agent Balti
Hob Nob Regular

by Agent Balti » 20 Aug 2014 09:26

I thought he looked quite impressive bar the error. Wells gave him a torrid time, but he handled it well. When he bulks up a bit, he'll be a nightmare for forwards. Not afraid to come out of defence either (well, second half...)

Cape Town Royal

by Cape Town Royal » 20 Aug 2014 09:59

Agree this, the error for the goal was bad, but he's still raw and those mistakes will hopefully be good lessons for him. Once we get a more progressive central midfield his passing should improve the flow of the team.

I really hope we persevere with him, has the look of a player who with experience could be a very good player and perfect for the game you sense Adkins once to play.

I actually thought he had a good game last night despite the mistake for the goal. Wells is a handful, but he stood up to it well, it was a good battle to watch and I thought despite the niggling they were giving each other, he dealt with it with controlled aggression...

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 20 Aug 2014 10:54

that game will teach him more than any of the the others hes played here imo.

he'll learn from his mistakes.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 20 Aug 2014 10:57

He should be forced to publicly apologise. That'll put hairs on his chest.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 20 Aug 2014 14:25

:shock: that Simon's Church can see into the future.

East End Lady

by East End Lady » 20 Aug 2014 14:34

Pepe the Horseman He should be forced to publicly apologise. That'll put hairs on his chest.

To be fair at the end he was saying sorry to the East Stand

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 20 Aug 2014 14:44

melonhead that game will teach him more than any of the the others hes played here imo.

he'll learn from his mistakes.

Agree. He got a bit hoofy after the mistake, which is understandable. And as many have said, Wells gave him a tough time turning him and leading him a merry chase, but he didn't cope too badly.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 20 Aug 2014 17:46

Mistakes give you experience. He'll mature into a perfect player in a few months and then in true Reading fashion we'll sell him to a rival for a few million, and the same fans knocking him now will lament his loss.

royal_rumble

by royal_rumble » 29 Dec 2015 00:23

So after today's debacle, which pretty much follows on from week after week of poor performances, countless mistakes and just a general couldn't care less kind of attitude, surely Hector has to go in January?

Obviously he'll be out of the team whilst banned, but him being at the club really serves no purpose, as he has all but moved in his head. This is unless he has a clause that ensures he must play?! Why would Brian would be willing to drop a hard working Vydra after the Wolves game, but keep Hector in the team? Every week he looks a liability.

With no Ferdinand, we should be playing Cooper, and even if we were short, I think I'd rather even see someone like Quinn at CB above Hector, who actually puts 100% into a game... despite positional limitations!

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 29 Dec 2015 00:26

He's a useful addition to the squad so it would be shortsighted to "send him back", however his defensive temperament is questionable and he has proven to be too much of a liability as a centre back. I'd be happy with him as a holding midfielder where his mistakes are less likely to cost us.