Kuhl in, Akpan OUT

WAZZOCK

Re: Kuhl in, Akpan OUT

by WAZZOCK » 20 Aug 2014 22:16

The Kuhl love in is a bit weird.

He did play ok last night, but it was 45 minutes against a team who already had the game sewn up more or less. I just worry we're bogging him up far too much too early.

harry
Hob Nob Regular

by harry » 20 Aug 2014 22:30

WAZZOCK The Kuhl love in is a bit weird.

He did play ok last night, but it was 45 minutes against a team who already had the game sewn up more or less. I just worry we're bogging him up far too much too early.

Must admit I was worried for him when his first touch of the ball went wrong. I had high expectations from seeing him play youth games last year and suddenly realised "hang on, he's now playing against experienced men" rather than the kids he was used to. As the half progressed he got better and better, with the only other notable mishap I recall being the wayward shot. A fine debut and hopefully a very bright future.

But we have to be patient with the younger players. They don't have the experience and they will occasionally muck up. Occasionally those mistakes will be punished severely as with Hector's pass for the first goal. Give them time and I believe they will come good. And we shouldn't just blame someone else who happens not to have come through our academy.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 20 Aug 2014 22:58

Agree - the Akpan bashing is getting tiresome now. He improved dramatically once the CM formation was changed. He can do just fine with the right partner alongside him & I would pick him over Obita in CM every day of the week....

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 23 Aug 2014 17:08

AKPAN IN PLEASE

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 23 Aug 2014 17:09

Kuhl was good today but it should have been Akpan and Kuhl or Norwood and Kuhl starting today.

Obita in midfield should not be happening.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 23 Aug 2014 17:16

ZacNaloen Kuhl was good today but it should have been Akpan and Kuhl or Norwood and Kuhl starting today.

Obita in midfield should not be happening.

Agree I'd have Blackman, Kuhl, Akpan & Obita (R-L)

I'm guessing the next league game will be the above with Taylor for Obita now Obita's crocked.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 23 Aug 2014 18:33

Agree with that.