BFTG-Fulham

124 posts
windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

BFTG-Fulham

by windermere_royal » 13 Sep 2014 17:49

Before I say anything, Fulham were bloody atrocious.
But having said that you can only beat what`s in front of you, marvelous debut for Murray, good hold up play and strong on the ball. and of course 2 deadly finishes,
Norwood ran the middle of the park and the countless diagonal balls out to the lively Mackie were a joy to watch.
Obita very lively out wide beating his man and whipping in dangerous crosses.
Difficult to think of anyone that played badly. but I want to see it against batter sides than that lot were today.
Nice days entertainment though.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: BFTG-Fulham

by Ian Royal » 13 Sep 2014 17:58

Pat Roberts is outstandingly good. The Fulham fans seemed a decent bunch. Otherwise they were atrocious.

we were nothing special. Tidy and more than good enough to take them. Getting the first goal and thr their red meant as long as we didn't oxf*rd up it was all over. Once number 2 went in the game was largely dead and bar a brief flurry everyone knew it.

Murray looks a real player. Decent all round a natural goalscorer. Already some good understanding. I'd have preferred Kuhl and to try to dictate the game. But Akpan was fine. Blackman's goal took the piss.

All round very satisfied. Nothing to go overboard on. But more points in our pocket and some injuries back.

Winston Smith
Hob Nob Addict

by Winston Smith » 13 Sep 2014 18:12

Ian Royal The Fulham fans seemed a decent bunch. Otherwise they were atrocious..

what does that even mean?

JordCot

by JordCot » 13 Sep 2014 18:18

Winston Smith
Ian Royal The Fulham fans seemed a decent bunch. Otherwise they were atrocious..

what does that even mean?

They poked fun at themselves a couple times which was pretty funny and good spirited. Talked to a few on the way home and again seemed a decent bunch

percy_freeman

by percy_freeman » 13 Sep 2014 18:21

Well I understood him and agree. If I was a fulham fan I wouldn't be happy. It's been a long time since we had someone like Murray in our team. He knows where the goal is and general play wasn't too shabby either Agree with Norwood, excellent passes to Mackie, Obita just seems to lack belief in his own ability which I don't. One satisfied customer, and I had a couple of quid on Murray to score first......

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 13 Sep 2014 18:31

Aside from a 10 minute spell in the second half where we dropped off a little, I though we were very good today. It was wonderful to see us really control a game and then use that control of possession to create meaningful chances.

Norwood looks to be a younger, fitter, quicker, better version of Guthrie. Pinged it about like Pirlo today. No doubt he'll have games where he won't hit the target with his passes, but what really impressed me was the speed with which he saw the pass. Looked at least 2 moves ahead of the rest of the players on the pitch. Really impressive.

Murray is exactly what I was hoping he'd be. Committed, experienced, and class. Will score a boat load if we can keep him fit.

Obita MOTM for me though. As good a full back display as I can remember watching at the Mad Stad.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 13 Sep 2014 18:32

It's a shame Murray doesn't have a touch more pace, but that was a great debut. I was disappointed Adkins took him off on a hattrick (especially as he would've buried the chance Pog had) but I suppose he may not be up for 90 minutes just yet.

Fulham as st8ed were bloody awful and Magath should be ashamed of himself for just sitting on his backside for the whole game and doing nothing to get his side going. Not that I'm complaining. Can't be too long before he's out. Roberts looked class, he will be a big player someday.

Overall:

Federici 6 - Made one good save but otherwise untroubled, so can't really score higher!
Gunter 7 - Solid, got forward well and worked hard, gr8 last ditch tackle on Hoogland first half.
Hector 7 - Had McCormack in his back pocket.
Pearce 7 - Unspectacular but did his job well, not up against much.
Obita 8 - Absolutely rinsed Voser, superb deliveries all afternoon. His cross for the first made me twitch.
Akpan 7 - Did well, tackled and cleaned up effectively.
Norwood 9 - Unbelievable range of passing, Scholes-esque. Brilliant.
Taylor 7 - Couple of good shots in the second, him and Obita combined really well all afternoon.
Cox 7 - Played pretty well and used the space afforded to him by the Fulham CB's effectively, tried some clever passes.
Mackie 8 - Fantastic work ethic, showed great desire, was always available for Norwood's cross field balls.
Murray 9 - Covered already^, great debut.

Glad to see Blackman get a goal, but not a fan of the "3-0 and even Blackman scored" chant, he looks better this season, get behind the lad.
Last edited by genome on 13 Sep 2014 19:04, edited 3 times in total.

JordCot

by JordCot » 13 Sep 2014 18:36

genome not a fan of the "3-0 and even Blackman scored" chant, he looks better this season, get behind the lad.

This. Embarrassing

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 13 Sep 2014 18:38

Though playing against 10 men for most of the game I thought we played really well Murray looks great and reminds me of Jimmy Quinn , very promising team performance

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 13 Sep 2014 18:46

Can't really add anything to what has already been said except, thank oxf*rd we have the option to buy Murray.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 13 Sep 2014 18:57

Yep that was so much better all round - we passed well, most of the time, we looked in command - cox, Mackie and Murray worked well together. I really enjoyed the game though Fulham were poor and probably made us look better than we are at times. But let's not get too carried away just yet - some of the comments on BBC radio Berks were embarrassing!

Berry

by Berry » 13 Sep 2014 19:02

Plus points.....Murray, Looked decent and worked hard, at last a striker.....3 points

Minus Points.....No midfield, All balls being played by defence, The guy sitting behind me in Lower West who kept saying "Well done boy" everytime a Reading player touched the ball.

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 13 Sep 2014 19:07

Berry
Minus Points.....No midfield, All balls being played by defence,

Dear god, there`s always one isn`t there :shock:

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 13 Sep 2014 19:08

windermere_royal
Berry
Minus Points.....No midfield, All balls being played by defence, The guy sitting behind me in Lower West who kept saying "Well done boy" everytime a Reading player touched the ball.

Dear god, there`s always one isn`t there :shock:

I reckon that's the most ridiculous BFTG comment ever made.

Berry

by Berry » 13 Sep 2014 19:09

Yes there is and also the first name term shouting as in "Well Done Simon" Sounds too weird for me

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 13 Sep 2014 19:10

Considering all our best passes came from Norwood, the midfielder today, I think I'll take Berry's comment with a pinch of salt.

Berry

by Berry » 13 Sep 2014 19:11

Sorry Winchester just airing my views....

El Diablo

by El Diablo » 13 Sep 2014 19:11

Murray showed us today what we've been missing for two years, and we look so much better for it. Thought Norwoods passing was excellent, he recycles the ball quickly and accurately, more so than Guthrie ever has for us. Fulham were woeful. Could've been more if not for their keeper making a couple of decent saves. Looked solid all round today. Looking forward to the 'wall on Tuesday.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 13 Sep 2014 19:13

Berry Minus Points.....No midfield, All balls being played by defence

rofl

Berry

by Berry » 13 Sep 2014 19:13

I purely saw a lot of side to side back and forth passing, Cant wait for Guthrie and co to return...But it was a goodish game.....Akpan is out of his depth apart from 1 decent pass in first half he done nada

124 posts