BFTG Millwall

160 posts
Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: BFTG Millwall

by Ian Royal » 17 Sep 2014 12:00

We finished 7th by a goal last season despite having the financial rug pulled out from under us you plank. You talk like we were 19th.

Can you not just stick to your own promise and get lost until Adkins is gone so we can have a proper break from you bile.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 17 Sep 2014 12:13

If your life is so empty that you can't resist reading what you find so repugnant................

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 17 Sep 2014 12:14

Woodcote Royal Would I urge our new owners to slap £2m on the Millwall boardroom table by way of compensation in order to swap managers? Like a shot.

LOL. You have just lost what little credibility you had left (which admittedly wasn't much).

Oh and before you turn that round on me, I have never had any credibility.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 17 Sep 2014 12:24

Woodcote Royal If your life is so empty that you can't resist reading what you find so repugnant................

It's useful to know what the mentally ill are thinking. It leads to better understanding.

Whore Jackie
Hob Nob Regular

by Whore Jackie » 17 Sep 2014 12:26

Sanguine Sat right behind the dugouts for the first time, was amazed at just how much time the managers and coaches on each side spend berating the 4th official. I'm sure I saw him smirk at Holloway a few times, who lost his rag every 5 minutes.

Funnily enough, was only thinking last night, how much I'd like to sit there for a game or two, just to watch the two managers and coaching staff and how they interact with their team and officials.

Who Moved The Goalposts?

by Who Moved The Goalposts? » 17 Sep 2014 12:31

Whore Jackie
Sanguine Sat right behind the dugouts for the first time, was amazed at just how much time the managers and coaches on each side spend berating the 4th official. I'm sure I saw him smirk at Holloway a few times, who lost his rag every 5 minutes.

Funnily enough, was only thinking last night, how much I'd like to sit there for a game or two, just to watch the two managers and coaching staff and how they interact with their team and officials.

Watching the stream, there was a very amusing moment last night. Holloway had just finished having a ding-dong with the 4th official, and as he was walking away was obviously doing a camped-up piss-take impression of him. The camera had zoomed in to capture it - made me laugh.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 17 Sep 2014 12:33

Thats what they've been told to do though, its one of the main roles of the 4th official. Its to stop managers/coaches going on at the ref/lino, the 4th official is basically there to explain decisions and take the brunt of the complaints each team has.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 17 Sep 2014 12:35

What was up with the millwall fans getting stuck into the lino by the way... was it the ref that gave offside against murray and the lino then flagged? Because they seemed to be reacting like it should have been offside and wasn't given when it was.

Whore Jackie
Hob Nob Regular

by Whore Jackie » 17 Sep 2014 12:35

Maguire Good game overall I thought - Reading looked excellent at times, moving the ball from flank to flank in a manner reminiscent of McGhee's side. Millwall really came into it though and that save from Federici when McDonald looked nailed on to score was exceptional.

Reading didn't offer much second half but the winner was well worked. Last two games have been two of the most enjoyable for some time.

Yep, first two games of the season for me, and thus far it's pissed on last seasons' offerings. Best spell of Adkins' reign by some margin.

Agree with some of the Gunter negativity, for me he works best as an attacking fullback when in conjunction with McLeary. Not seen any sign of a partnership forming with Mackie and that seems to have highlighted his defensive inadequacies.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 17 Sep 2014 12:39

Really good 30 minutes followed by an abysmal hour of looking second rate strugglers is not great but you get games like that and this time we managed to nick it at the end so that's what matters.

Definitely the team is improving now much more watchable and passing tends to be more purposeful, looking forward to having McLeary and Williams back so hoping we're still in the mix come their return in December

The Thai regime has enabled NA to start building what he wanted to start 12 months ago but couldn't due to there being no money. Seems, therefore, that his tenure has really only just started...

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 17 Sep 2014 12:42

Woodcote Royal
Schards#2 By no means the finished article but definately, rapidly heading in the right direction. I don't see what the Adkins h8ers and season ticket refuseniks still have to moan about.

Please allow me to enlighten you

A thoroughly piss poor first season and a bit in charge of a Premiership squad he inherited (one that had earned his predecessor MOTM just a month before) and has only just begun to produce performances a level below that I could face watching.

Am I mightily relieved about this? Yes

Am I mightily relieved that FINALLY we are able to compete with the likes of "Parachute Free" Millwall at the right end of the table? Of course

Would I urge our new owners to slap £2m on the Millwall boardroom table by way of compensation in order to swap managers? Like a shot.

How exactly is Holloway a better manager?

Ian Holloway

1999-0 League 1 - Bristol Rovers 17th
2000-1 League 1 - Bristol Rovers 5th (PO Semis)
2001-2 League 1 - QPR - Relegated
2002-3 League 2 - QPR - Mid-table
2003-4 League 2 - QPR Promoted
2004-5 Champ’p - QPR - 11th
2005-6 Champ’p - Mid-Table, sent on gardening leave, finished 21st
2006-7 Promised to take new club Plymouth up to the Premiership. (That went well)
Nov 2007 Resigned. Became Leicester Manager
2007-8 Leicester Relegated. Holloway sacked.

2009-10 Leads Blackpool into Premiership after scraping into Play-Offs in 6th..
2010-11 Relegated
2011-12 Blackpool make POs. Win percentage at Blackpool was 37.8%
2012-13 Takes Crystal Palace up to Premiership via POs
2013-14 Palace manage 3 points in 8 games. Sacked

Overall win percentage 37.4%

Nigel Adkins

1993-94 Bangor, Champions, LoW
1994-95 Bangor, Champions, LoW

1996 Moved to Scunthorpe as Physio
November 2006 appointed Scunthorpe Caretaker Manager
2006-07 Wins promotion to Championship
2007-08 Scunthorpe Relegated.
2008-09 Promoted back to Championship via Play-Offs
2009-10 Finished 5 points clear of relegation

2010-11 Record number of clean sheets. promoted to Championship
2011-12 Promoted to Premiership in 2nd place
2012-13 Despite being in a reasonably safe premiership position was sacked

2012-13 26 March 2013 Joined Reading too late to save them from relegation
2013-14 Guided RFC to within a single goal of the POs
2014-15 Despite financial/ownership issues and a huge injury list W6 D1 L2 and into 6th in the Championship and still in the League Cup

Overall win Percentage 49.7%

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 17 Sep 2014 12:48

Ian Royal What was up with the millwall fans getting stuck into the lino by the way... was it the ref that gave offside against murray and the lino then flagged? Because they seemed to be reacting like it should have been offside and wasn't given when it was.

It was a weird one cos the lino didn't flag, but once the ball went sailing over the bar he ran back and put his flag up for offside.....so i guess the ref did give it, cos i remember looking to the lino and seeing him keep the flag down when Murray got the ball

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 17 Sep 2014 12:49

The mistake you're making snowy, is assuming wooders is open to reason.
He just basically hates anyone at reading who is successful. Iirc slates coppell, sidwell, shorey and madejski for example

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 17 Sep 2014 12:50

TBM
Ian Royal What was up with the millwall fans getting stuck into the lino by the way... was it the ref that gave offside against murray and the lino then flagged? Because they seemed to be reacting like it should have been offside and wasn't given when it was.

It was a weird one cos the lino didn't flag, but once the ball went sailing over the bar he ran back and put his flag up for offside.....so i guess the ref did give it, cos i remember looking to the lino and seeing him keep the flag down when Murray got the ball

Assumed that must be it. Looked a fairly tight call but probably right. He missed anyway ffs

teignmouth hoops

by teignmouth hoops » 17 Sep 2014 12:53

YateleyRoyal
teignmouth hoops Will agree that Glen Murray didn't play as well as Saturday, but then Fulham were bad. Millwall did a job on him fairly & unfairly and we really didn't give him any support, he needs players to lay off to and flick to, in the second half in particular there was nobody. Still whatever way you look at it he is twice the player Pog is and will end up with twice the amount of goals, his movement is so much better, his running, his talking and he doesn't throw himself to the ground every time a centre half is near

Moron.

Go on then give me a clue why am I a moron, is it possibly because I dare to criticise the god like Pog

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 17 Sep 2014 12:55

Ian Royal We finished 7th by a goal last season despite having the financial rug pulled out from under us you plank. You talk like we were 19th.

**IAN ROYAL CLAPTRAP KLAXON**

Ian, you talk as if we somehow had a massive firesale in January :|

Admittedly we didn't strenghthen in January.....but there was plenty of resource thrown at it in the previous transfer window m8 :!:

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 17 Sep 2014 12:58

floyd__streete
Ian Royal We finished 7th by a goal last season despite having the financial rug pulled out from under us you plank. You talk like we were 19th.

Admittedly we didn't strenghthen in January.....but there was plenty of resource thrown at it in the previous transfer window m8 :!:

Bad resource. Injury hit squad. Oh look, Adkins gets a window without his elbow jogged and it looks much better.
Tell me Floyd.
Did we or did we not finish 7th by a goal?
Did we or did we not fail to add players in a transfer window for the first time ever?
Did we or did we not have financial problems?

Osborns scoop

by Osborns scoop » 17 Sep 2014 13:00

Snowball
Woodcote Royal
Schards#2 By no means the finished article but definately, rapidly heading in the right direction. I don't see what the Adkins h8ers and season ticket refuseniks still have to moan about.

Please allow me to enlighten you

A thoroughly piss poor first season and a bit in charge of a Premiership squad he inherited (one that had earned his predecessor MOTM just a month before) and has only just begun to produce performances a level below that I could face watching.

Am I mightily relieved about this? Yes

Am I mightily relieved that FINALLY we are able to compete with the likes of "Parachute Free" Millwall at the right end of the table? Of course

Would I urge our new owners to slap £2m on the Millwall boardroom table by way of compensation in order to swap managers? Like a shot.

How exactly is Holloway a better manager?

Ian Holloway

1999-0 League 1 - Bristol Rovers 17th
2000-1 League 1 - Bristol Rovers 5th (PO Semis)
2001-2 League 1 - QPR - Relegated
2002-3 League 2 - QPR - Mid-table
2003-4 League 2 - QPR Promoted
2004-5 Champ’p - QPR - 11th
2005-6 Champ’p - Mid-Table, sent on gardening leave, finished 21st
2006-7 Promised to take new club Plymouth up to the Premiership. (That went well)
Nov 2007 Resigned. Became Leicester Manager
2007-8 Leicester Relegated. Holloway sacked.

2009-10 Leads Blackpool into Premiership after scraping into Play-Offs in 6th..
2010-11 Relegated
2011-12 Blackpool make POs. Win percentage at Blackpool was 37.8%
2012-13 Takes Crystal Palace up to Premiership via POs
2013-14 Palace manage 3 points in 8 games. Sacked

Overall win percentage 37.4%

Nigel Adkins

1993-94 Bangor, Champions, LoW
1994-95 Bangor, Champions, LoW

1996 Moved to Scunthorpe as Physio
November 2006 appointed Scunthorpe Caretaker Manager
2006-07 Wins promotion to Championship
2007-08 Scunthorpe Relegated.
2008-09 Promoted back to Championship via Play-Offs
2009-10 Finished 5 points clear of relegation

2010-11 Record number of clean sheets. promoted to Championship
2011-12 Promoted to Premiership in 2nd place
2012-13 Despite being in a reasonably safe premiership position was sacked

2012-13 26 March 2013 Joined Reading too late to save them from relegation
2013-14 Guided RFC to within a single goal of the POs
2014-15 Despite financial/ownership issues and a huge injury list W6 D1 L2 and into 6th in the Championship and still in the League Cup

Overall win Percentage 49.7%

You could have made your point without some of the spin.

Zana Badawi

by Zana Badawi » 17 Sep 2014 13:05

Ian Royal
floyd__streete

Bad resource. Injury hit squad. Oh look, Adkins gets a window without his elbow jogged and it looks much better.
Tell me Floyd.
Did we or did we not fail to add players in a transfer window for the first time ever?

I remember the 'battle' for 7th very clearly. We were in a titanic struggle with Brighton not to come 6th.
We had so many opportunities to get a playoff spot, but didn't take any of them. I cant remember such a weak 6th place in the Championship. Sometimes a manager just has to work with what he's got and, in this particular instance, NA blew it. Nothing to do with finances.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 17 Sep 2014 13:05

Ian Royal Bad resource. Injury hit squad. Oh look, Adkins gets a window without his elbow jogged and it looks much better.
Tell me Floyd.

:|

We finished 7th by a goal - what do you want for that, a souvenir Wembley t-shirt :?: We failed.

To suggest that last season was anything other than a huge failure would be nonsense. To suggest that financial issues were the primary cause of that failure is excuse-making of the highest order.

160 posts