BFTG/OTWH Derby (H) 0-3

155 posts
windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: BFTG/OTWH Derby (H) 0-3

by windermere_royal » 19 Oct 2014 15:44

Barcelona with the ball, the dog and duck without it.

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 19 Oct 2014 15:47

Zana Badawi
RoyalBlue
No matter how poor Adkins' performance has been at the club, .

Yeah. we've worked out they don't matter to you.

RoyalBlue , Madejski's cock ups and poor performance over the same period (+ 6 months) have been far, far worse.

Does that include hiring NA?

RoyalBlue ,At this moment in time, I suspect Madejski may be closer to the exit than Adkins.

LOL. Exit from what?

Do keep up. Madejski didn`t hire NA.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 19 Oct 2014 18:48

We haven't won a game since the Thai Consortium were officially announced as our new owners. Do people really think they'll put up with that for much longer and not want to bring their own man in?

ShaunTheRam

by ShaunTheRam » 19 Oct 2014 19:15

Westwood52
ShaunTheRam Derby fan opinion here, having just got back from the game and looked down this thread.

Firstly, am amazed that we have won at Reading - doesn't happen often.

I agree with some on here that the game itself didn't really seem like a 3-0. If the header that hit the bar early, the one that went over the bar early when it seemed easier to score, and the rebound had gone in it might have been different. However, we have built up a spirit such that going a goal down doesn't seem to affect us that much, so I wouldn't have ruled us out until that fat lady was singing.

We didn't play that well today - two enforced subs in the first half disrupted our rhythm, and we never really played the fluent stuff we can. Playing away from home suits us more at the moment, as at home teams just line up with 9 defenders in two banks and try to stifle the life out of the game.

Thought the two ball retention incidents spiced things up somewhat - I have to say, until reading this, I hadn't realised about the contested bounce up, but from our point of view, the one in our favour was poor - maybe just retaliation for the first.

Interesting to see the comments on some of our players. Will Hughes has just come back into top form - his awareness and ball control and skill are outstanding - he's signed a new 4 year deal, as have all our key players from last season, so at least we should get a fee if he goes. One post above refers to us having nothing up front except a guy who falls over - 20 goals last season and already 9 this season - and the difference between the teams today would be my opinion on that. We wouldn't swap him for any other striker in the division.

So for us, we take the win and move on despite feeling we weren't that great. For you, your teamsheet when it was read out sounds better than the fairly route one stuff played, but I'm not surprised you caused us problems. No need to be too negative as a Reading fan - I was at Bolton a couple of weeks ago, witnessing Freedman's last game and a bunch of players who clearly had no interest in playing for them. I thought you played well today - but we were clinical, which we haven't always been this season. The goals changed the game.

Finally, like coming to Reading (except for the results usually - friendliest staff in the league.

Good luck for the rest of the season - see you at the IPro later.

Shaun

Are you uncomfortable with the number of times your players feign injury ? I think it so p****d off our team that we refused to stop play at the end; which obviously rankled your fans ? Crying wolf too often ; will get you a reputation & the opposition will play on , when you do have a serious injury-or was today just a one off ?

I thought you were very physical yesterday. I haven't got a problem with that. I don't think there were feigned injuries either. Tough game, few players got knocks.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 19 Oct 2014 19:32

ShaunTheRam
Westwood52
ShaunTheRam Derby fan opinion here, having just got back from the game and looked down this thread.

I agree with some on here that the game itself didn't really seem like a 3-0. If the header that hit the bar early, the one that went over the bar early when it seemed easier to score, and the rebound had gone in it might have been different. However, we have built up a spirit such that going a goal down doesn't seem to affect us that much, so I wouldn't have ruled us out until that fat lady was singing.

We didn't play that well today - two enforced subs in the first half disrupted our rhythm, and we never really played the fluent stuff we can. Playing away from home suits us more at the moment, as at home teams just line up with 9 defenders in two banks and try to stifle the life out of the game.

Thought the two ball retention incidents spiced things up somewhat - I have to say, until reading this, I hadn't realised about the contested bounce up, but from our point of view, the one in our favour was poor - maybe just retaliation for the first.

Interesting to see the comments on some of our players. Will Hughes has just come back into top form - his awareness and ball control and skill are outstanding - he's signed a new 4 year deal, as have all our key players from last season, so at least we should get a fee if he goes. One post above refers to us having nothing up front except a guy who falls over - 20 goals last season and already 9 this season - and the difference between the teams today would be my opinion on that. We wouldn't swap him for any other striker in the division.

So for us, we take the win and move on despite feeling we weren't that great. For you, your teamsheet when it was read out sounds better than the fairly route one stuff played, but I'm not surprised you caused us problems. No need to be too negative as a Reading fan - I was at Bolton a couple of weeks ago, witnessing Freedman's last game and a bunch of players who clearly had no interest in playing for them. I thought you played well today - but we were clinical, which we haven't always been this season. The goals changed the game.

Finally, like coming to Reading (except for the results usually - friendliest staff in the league.

Shaun

Are you uncomfortable with the number of times your players feign injury ? I think it so p****d off our team that we refused to stop play at the end; which obviously rankled your fans ? Crying wolf too often ; will get you a reputation & the opposition will play on , when you do have a serious injury-or was today just a one off ?

I thought you were very physical yesterday. I haven't got a problem with that. I don't think there were feigned injuries either. Tough game, few players got knocks.

LOL at the bunch of lightweights that inhabit this Reading team being described as physical. The first and and third goals yesterday showed that we clearly aren't a strong and physical team.

Not having a go at Derby because all teams do it but the sight of someone as strong as Chris Martin easily holding off Jake Taylor for the best part of a minute until he realised he was going to run the ball out of play and diving looked ridiculous.
Last edited by sandman on 19 Oct 2014 22:01, edited 1 time in total.

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 19 Oct 2014 19:41

Not the first set of away fans to say they thought we are a physical side either. Complete load of tosh as the only player who puts himself around a the moment is Glenn Murray.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 19 Oct 2014 19:50

Hector's a bit rough and Cox takes after Noel Hunt a tad, but I wouldn't say we're particularly physical right now. Maybe when Guthrie and Karacan are fit again.

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 19 Oct 2014 20:01

And Kelly at right back.

joeroyal

by joeroyal » 19 Oct 2014 20:19

3points And Kelly at right back.

You won’t be seeing that, may get a place on the bench if he is lucky

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 19 Oct 2014 20:30

Would take anyone at right back as long as its not Chris C[u]nter.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 19 Oct 2014 20:35

ShaunTheRam
Westwood52

Shaun

:roll: :roll:
Sorry mate we are so far from physical it's untrue
You on the other hand are a pretty cynical outfit

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 19 Oct 2014 21:06

Snowball IMO we need HECTOR in defensive midfield. He is the best tackler in the side, can play football, so can break out when he wins the ball, is the large, tougher player we need to cover the middle. Bring in Cooper at CB, change the dynamic.

I've herd it said (in Hec's early games) that he isn't a DM. he's improved a lot since then and I think that will be his eventual position.

Cooper is 6' 4"? and wins a lot in the air

The other possibility would be 3 CBs and Gunter-Obita as wing-backs, Akpan-Norwood-? in the middle

Judging by his comments after the game Adkins will make some changes but probably considers Cooper too raw.
Whatever changes he makes , I suspect a team with Feds in goal is going to continue to have a jittery defence

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 19 Oct 2014 21:06

Were there really that many players who went down? It doesn't really stick out in my mind as being a game like that.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 19 Oct 2014 21:08

bobby1413 Were there really that many players who went down? It doesn't really stick out in my mind as being a game like that.

Certainly felt like it to me
And I guess it looks worse when they go down after puny challenges from some lightweight players, eg Taylor

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 19 Oct 2014 21:10

sandman

Worst decision of the season was making him captain!! Can't see him being dropped yet

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 19 Oct 2014 21:13

bcubed
Snowball IMO we need HECTOR in defensive midfield. He is the best tackler in the side, can play football, so can break out when he wins the ball, is the large, tougher player we need to cover the middle. Bring in Cooper at CB, change the dynamic.

I've herd it said (in Hec's early games) that he isn't a DM. he's improved a lot since then and I think that will be his eventual position.

Cooper is 6' 4"? and wins a lot in the air

The other possibility would be 3 CBs and Gunter-Obita as wing-backs, Akpan-Norwood-? in the middle

Judging by his comments after the game Adkins will make some changes but probably considers Cooper too raw.
Whatever changes he makes , I suspect a team with Feds in goal is going to continue to have a jittery defence

Wondered how long it would be before the usual oxf*rd blamed Federici. Incidentally he was one of the few who actually fronted up yesterday and said something honest about the recent performances.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 19 Oct 2014 21:16

^Some cracking saves again yesterday

The keeper should not be in the position to have to make them in the first place tho'

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 19 Oct 2014 21:25

I am pleased Feds can speak to the press and good for him if others didn't fancy it
It doesn't however mean that he controls his box or moves off his line at corners or makes decisions quickly enough
He made two good saves but he still creates a lack of confidence in fellow defenders

joeroyal

by joeroyal » 19 Oct 2014 21:43

loyalroyal4life
sandman

Worst decision of the season was making him captain!! Can't see him being dropped yet

You are correct in your statement sir Gunter will not be dropped, He may be rested but not dropped.
And please sir have a little bit of self-respect Envy and Jealousy will only make you feel worse then you do at the moment.

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 19 Oct 2014 23:24

SCIAG Hector's a bit rough and Cox takes after Noel Hunt a tad, but I wouldn't say we're particularly physical right now. Maybe when Guthrie and Karacan are fit again.

Guthrie physical,
behave

155 posts