BFTG Charlton

157 posts
windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: BFTG Charlton

by windermere_royal » 08 Nov 2014 18:43

P!ssed Off
windermere_royal The way I saw it , it`s easy to see why Charlton have been so hard to beat this season, very strong at the back. and the right back had Obita in his pocket, doesn`t matter which side Gunter plays, the goals always seem to come from his side.
Charlton offered very little going forward, but as always against Reading you only need one chance.
That said I thought we were worth at least a point, so many blocks. corners, and the post, it just wasn`t our day .
20 attempts, only 2 on target tells the whole sorry story really, but we lost so out come the Adkins out brigade. as they do every time we lose, strange how quiet they were on Tuesday night

It's not strange at all you absolute cretin.
Does your manager threaten you with the sack when you have a rare good day at work? Or does he say "well done, I hope you'll perform as well next time."

'Strange that nobody wants to sack the manager straight after he produces a rare good result.' Er, no, not really.

Cretin huh? some people can be so brave behind a keyboard

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 08 Nov 2014 18:44

urz13 Adkins has brainwashed the players and they can no longer think for themselves. As a result we have no creativity, desire or passion and we play the most robotic, predictable football in the league.

Adkins OUT

Odd then that the last two games have been completely different in terms of how we've played.....

AirRaidSiren
Hob Nob Regular

by AirRaidSiren » 08 Nov 2014 18:50

I am not in the 'Adkins out' bitch fest camp, but i am thoroughly disappointed with how we approached the game.

This isn't good enough at the moment. Not enough creativity in the team at present.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 08 Nov 2014 18:54

Tactics were inept today.
Slowly tap it about the back, whilst we let Charlton get 8 men organised back in defence. Brilliant!

Obita's corners may well have been oxf*rd awful, but perhaps some of his other crosses might have found their way into the box if we hadn't given the Charlton defence 10 minutes to get into position.

A decent manager might have identified that Ben Haim and an overweight Bikey aren't particularly quick. A decent manger might have taken off the slowest striker in the league after 50/60 minutes in order to threaten Charlton's CBs with some pace.
What did our manager do? He kept on the slowest striker in the league for the whole 97 minutes, and brought on the league's 2nd slowest striker to join him!

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 08 Nov 2014 18:56

Bitterly disappointing we simply lack any guts punch or power , something is badly missing as when you look at the potential talent in our team something is clearly amiss, going to be a long dark winter I feel

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 08 Nov 2014 18:58

windermere_royal
P!ssed Off
windermere_royal The way I saw it , it`s easy to see why Charlton have been so hard to beat this season, very strong at the back. and the right back had Obita in his pocket, doesn`t matter which side Gunter plays, the goals always seem to come from his side.
Charlton offered very little going forward, but as always against Reading you only need one chance.
That said I thought we were worth at least a point, so many blocks. corners, and the post, it just wasn`t our day .
20 attempts, only 2 on target tells the whole sorry story really, but we lost so out come the Adkins out brigade. as they do every time we lose, strange how quiet they were on Tuesday night

It's not strange at all you absolute cretin.
Does your manager threaten you with the sack when you have a rare good day at work? Or does he say "well done, I hope you'll perform as well next time."

'Strange that nobody wants to sack the manager straight after he produces a rare good result.' Er, no, not really.

Cretin huh? some people can be so brave behind a keyboard

definition of cretin: 'a stupid person'
Every loss you chime in with "out come the Adkins out brigade".
People weren't saying 'Adkins Out' on Tuesday because his team weren't shit on Tuesday. If you can't comprehend that then you are a cretin.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 08 Nov 2014 18:59

Seem to remember you disappearing throughout January 2013 when things were going well for the previous manager then crawling out of the woodwork when they became more difficult Windermere_Royal. Strange that you are now critical of such things when it's a manager you love having a similar situation.

Y21
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Y21 » 08 Nov 2014 18:59

We weren't that bad in the second half, and we only got beaten by a single goal. And don't forget Charlton have only lost twice this season. We played better than we did against Blackpool, yet didn't get the result. That's football.

Still on course for a mid table finish, and I think that is a realistic ambition for this season.

Cripple Creek
Hob Nob Regular

by Cripple Creek » 08 Nov 2014 19:05

I don't think I've ever read two completely different versions of the same game on the same thread quite as I have this morning. It makes it most confusing to get a handle on our performance for someone who lives several thousand miles away and can't get to games. Some seem to think "not bad at all" and others "the most turgid and painful performance I've had to sit through in living memory". I don't really understand the gulf of difference in perspective although I guess it has a lot to do with the weight of people's different expectations.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 08 Nov 2014 19:05

sandman Seem to remember you disappearing throughout January 2013 when things were going well for the previous manager then crawling out of the woodwork when they became more difficult Windermere_Royal. Strange that you are now critical of such things when it's a manager you love having a similar situation.

This. The guy comes on after every loss to slag off anyone complaining.
Paints himself as a 'loyal royal to the end'. Except he's previously revealed that Forest away a few months ago was his first away match in 10 years, and he left soon after HT because we were losing.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 08 Nov 2014 19:06

I have to say I'm surprised at the extent of the negativity on here. We were a little toothless, didn't play with enough tempo for most of the second half, and lacked ideas in the final third - but in many areas we played pretty well I thought. The Williams/Norwood combo is a very effective one, and they bossed pretty much all of the game. Consistently getting the ball out wide accurately and quickly. The problem then though was that neither of our wingers could do anything with it. A problem that hopefully McCleary's return and the transfer window should solve. Murray was excellent outside of the box, holding it up well and linking the play - just frustrating he didn't spend more time in the box trying to get on the end of one of the very many crosses.

Charlton had one chance in the first half, scored, and then played some very negative football. We should have done more to counter that, and you could definitely argue that Blackman's introduction should have come 20 minutes earlier, but no need for the Adkins Out cries just yet.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 08 Nov 2014 19:10

Cripple Creek I don't think I've ever read two completely different versions of the same game on the same thread quite as I have this morning. It makes it most confusing to get a handle on our performance for someone who lives several thousand miles away and can't get to games. Some seem to think "not bad at all" and others "the most turgid and painful performance I've had to sit through in living memory". I don't really understand the gulf of difference in perspective although I guess it has a lot to do with the weight of people's different expectations.

CC we played well against a tidy well drilled side who took there chance.

We failed to do anything to trouble them in attack although we had a lot of the ball and a million corners, we never really had a chance to score. So it's a combination of our shit attack and their good defence. IIRC we never actually won a header or got to a cross from the million that we pumped in, not only that but every second ball went to a Charlton defender. We did have a lot of shots wide.

The ref was pretty decent for a change.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 08 Nov 2014 19:12

MmmMonsterMunch
Unbelievable Jeff
MmmMonsterMunch Left halfway through 2nd half because I was bored to death. Another pathetic display.

Adkins out

People need to remove their heads from their arseholes & stop supporting this idiot. Stop singing his fcuking name.

If you don't like it, oxf*rd off so we don't have to waste our time reading your bullshit posts.

If you don't like reading my posts then put me on ignore instead of dishing out insults you aggro little tw@t.

We're sh1t, I'm bored of it & I ain't the only one.

Noted.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 08 Nov 2014 19:12

sandman Can Chris Gunter actually cut out a cross?

^this.

Both the goal and Charltons only other chance came from Gunter's inability to cut out a cross.

One Beer is never enough.

by One Beer is never enough. » 08 Nov 2014 19:13

winchester_royal I have to say I'm surprised at the extent of the negativity on here. We were a little toothless, didn't play with enough tempo for most of the second half, and lacked ideas in the final third - but in many areas we played pretty well I thought. The Williams/Norwood combo is a very effective one, and they bossed pretty much all of the game. Consistently getting the ball out wide accurately and quickly. The problem then though was that neither of our wingers could do anything with it. A problem that hopefully McCleary's return and the transfer window should solve. Murray was excellent outside of the box, holding it up well and linking the play - just frustrating he didn't spend more time in the box trying to get on the end of one of the very many crosses.

Charlton had one chance in the first half, scored, and then played some very negative football. We should have done more to counter that, and you could definitely argue that Blackman's introduction should have come 20 minutes earlier, but no need for the Adkins Out cries just yet.

Considering the two teams that we did beat are both relegation fodder, after 2 wins in 11, when is the right time then?

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 08 Nov 2014 19:13

winchester_royal I have to say I'm surprised at the extent of the negativity on here. We were a little toothless, didn't play with enough tempo for most of the second half, and lacked ideas in the final third - but in many areas we played pretty well I thought. The Williams/Norwood combo is a very effective one, and they bossed pretty much all of the game. Consistently getting the ball out wide accurately and quickly. The problem then though was that neither of our wingers could do anything with it. A problem that hopefully McCleary's return and the transfer window should solve. Murray was excellent outside of the box, holding it up well and linking the play - just frustrating he didn't spend more time in the box trying to get on the end of one of the very many crosses.

We didn't do anything 'quickly'. We slowly got the ball out to the wings.
What we should have done was quickly go through the middle.

Murray suits Adkins' style perfectly. Slow, and rarely in the box.
I oxf*rd hope we don't spunk millions on him in January. Spend the proposed transfer fee, and Murray's £25,000 a week wages, on a striker with some pace, who will suit the next* manager's style.

*Can't come soon enough.

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 08 Nov 2014 19:15

sandman Seem to remember you disappearing throughout January 2013 when things were going well for the previous manager then crawling out of the woodwork when they became more difficult Windermere_Royal. Strange that you are now critical of such things when it's a manager you love having a similar situation.

may have something to do with the fact i was on the other side of the world for nearly the entire month, football was the last thing on my mind then

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 08 Nov 2014 19:16

Considering the two teams that we did beat are both relegation fodder, after 2 wins in 11, when is the right time then?

I'd suggest when he's had a transfer window he could plan for and a few weeks of having the best player at the club by a considerable distance available to play.

I also wouldn't call Rotherham 'relegation fodder'.

by One Beer is never enough. » 08 Nov 2014 19:23

winchester_royal

I'd suggest when he's had a transfer window he could plan for and a few weeks of having the best player at the club by a considerable distance available to play.

I also wouldn't call Rotherham 'relegation fodder'.

Your patience in commendable, however managers are paid to manage, to get the best out of what they have - Adkins has not managed to do that. And yes I am aware of the turmoil that the club was in, but others managed...

And at 2 points above the drop I beg to differ re Rotherham, but will concede they may well avoid the drop due to the quality of a few other clubs.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 08 Nov 2014 19:38

There's a difference between 'relegation fodder' and 'relegation threatened' imo.

While I'm happy for the club to keep faith with Adkins, don't get me wrong - I wouldn't be upset if they decided it was time to change.

157 posts