Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Adkins -what next?

by Pepe the Horseman » 13 Dec 2014 18:38

He gots to go.

Cureton's Volley
Hob Nob Regular

by Cureton's Volley » 13 Dec 2014 18:39

I'm Ian Royal........ But I still want Adkins out.

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 13 Dec 2014 18:45

Time to move on, but not to Dolan. Get parky in on contract to end of next season.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 13 Dec 2014 18:48

He could start by getting a proper left back or moving Obita back to left back where he should be playing and paying up the contracts of Guthrie, Progrebnayak, Drenthe, and probably one or two more.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 13 Dec 2014 19:16

What would paying up the contracts of those players help? The mind boggles ...

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 13 Dec 2014 19:21

Winnershroyal Go, now, tonight.

McD back with Coppell as advisor

Never go back in life or football

brighton_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by brighton_royal » 13 Dec 2014 19:23

I say give him a chance to explain things on TV first and if he even suggests that that he's going to take the positives from the match and move on then set fire to his contract, maybe offer him the physio job and get someone who's not a tactical abortion to steer us to 15 straight wins, including winning the FA cup.

Cripple Creek
Hob Nob Regular

by Cripple Creek » 13 Dec 2014 19:24

I'm not sure why people would say "not Dolan" (I'm not even questioning Adkins going). Reading has had a lot of success promoting from the inside and Dolan's record with "Reading youth" is outstanding: not a record that could possibly have been achieved without considerable skill as a coach.

brighton_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by brighton_royal » 13 Dec 2014 19:28

Cripple Creek I'm not sure why people would say "not Dolan" (I'm not even questioning Adkins going). Reading has had a lot of success promoting from the inside and Dolan's record with "Reading youth" is outstanding: not a record that could possibly have been achieved without considerable skill as a coach.

Fair dinkum.

photographer

by photographer » 13 Dec 2014 19:29

ADKINS OUT!
BRYNJAR IN!

Martin41

by Martin41 » 13 Dec 2014 19:30

Harpers So Solid Crew Time to move on, but not to Dolan. Get parky in on contract to end of next season.

Would love parky finally some passion! Agree not Dolan think he's better bringing the youngsters through.

Y25Beryl

by Y25Beryl » 13 Dec 2014 19:41

Reading manager Nigel Adkins: "It was very, very close in terms of the game but it wasn't in terms of the scoreline.

"Goals change the complex of games, we came here to be positive, started well and their keeper made a couple of early saves. But then they scored, and from our point of view they scored goals which we like to think we should stop. We'll reflect on it."

Not the sort of comment I wanna hear from a manager after a 6_1 humiliation.
Adkins always seems to me to have swallowed a "self development manual"
He should be oxf*rd angry (eggy) after a defeat like that !
Lets "reflect " on a 6-1 stuffin eh Nigel.
Lets get a manager with passion and anger when needs must.

TWIX or CARAMAC - YOU DECIDE

BERYL ON THE PISS Y25 WITH COKE AND A DIP

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 13 Dec 2014 19:51

brighton_royal I say give him a chance to explain things on TV first and if he even suggests that that he's going to take the positives from the match and move on then set fire to his contract, maybe offer him the physio job and get someone who's not a tactical abortion to steer us to 15 straight wins, including winning the FA cup.

Manager Nigel Adkins elected to lead from the front when speaking to the press after our heavy defeat at Birmingham.

The emotion of a 6-1 defeat can understandably overtake any post-match analysis, be it supporter, manager or journalist, and while the boss refused to hide away from the scoreline, he also chose to show leadership and stop short of publicly criticising a team which include centre halves of just 19 and 22 years of age.

He said, "It’s a very poor scoreline and obviously very disappointing.

"We will reflect upon it and sometimes you can say words that are emotional after a game so, we’ll reflect upon it in the cold light of day and then we’ve got to pick ourselves up and get ready to go again.

"Believe you me, I've a very proud man and I hate losing. I'm taking the emotion away from maybe saying something I will regret, because I think that's sensible at this moment in time, because I have to pick the guys up and go again.

"I've also got to pick the club up, I think that's important. Like I say I'm very proud in what I do and I think that's the best angle for me to take on it right now.

"We give Birmingham credit because they have turned their season around. Their confidence was growing and we have given away goals that are poor from our point of view and well dispatched from theirs.

"At 2-1 down I believed we could go on to win but they have capitalised on a number of situations and got the result.

"I think I put a team out that before the game everyone would have been happy with. Two out-and-out wingers, two strikers, goals in the team, energy, passing ability, youngsters at centre half and experienced full backs. We had 70% possession first half, chances, Randolph made a couple of saves but you can't legislate for goals given away, they were poor goals.

"We're mid-table, it's a heavy defeat and there's no problem with people asking questions. But I know I'm resilient, there's a lot of grit, I'll reflect on today, lead from the front and will be up and raring to go because we've got to turn it around.

"We are all deeply, deeply disappointed. I highlight the supporters all the time and I was talking to a lot of them before kick-off and we appreciate their efforts. Unfortunately today it was a very poor scoreline."

He continued, "I think I've got a proven track record and am becoming better all the time with these experiences. It's a shame we're in this situation, we have to go again. You know me, I don't highlight things, we just have to keep going and moving forward.

"[Injuries] are not a situation we want to talk about because everyone gets them. Yes we're blooding youngsters and because of that you get mistakes, but they'll become better and the club is better long term. Financially people can talk about that, it has been highlighted, but from my point of view I'll keep presenting the club in the right manner and keep working hard to get it right."
Read more at http://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/article ... o408e42.99

brighton_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by brighton_royal » 13 Dec 2014 19:56

sexy

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 13 Dec 2014 19:57

8% are either Oxford fans, Nigel Adkins family members, coaching staff or institutionalized.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 13 Dec 2014 20:24

Royalwaster What would paying up the contracts of those players help? The mind boggles ...

Because having high-earning low achievers on the wage bill has a dispiriting effect on other players. I feel it would be worth it to wipe the slate clean and start again. The other option is to keep them on the wage bill while it is unlikely they will ever play a worthwhile or meaningful part in the teams future.

Getting rid of those three would draw everyone else together.

If you're arguing that those three would ever play a part in the team again to any great effect I would disagree.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 13 Dec 2014 20:26

He's got a proven track record and improving all the time? WTAF - he's deluded. Just get rid now before he "improves" any more :evil:

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 13 Dec 2014 20:34

Dave-Royal Nigel Adkins Don't have a Clue,,,,,, PLEASE READING OWNER SACK HIM NOW ALL WE GOING TO LEAGUE 1

:shock: F[u]cking hell.

When Royal-Dave is talking sense you know it's time to go.

160 posts