Shaun Cummings to Millwall

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Shaun Cummings to Millwall

by Ian Royal » 08 Jan 2015 22:39

bcubed
SCIAG Cummings was terrible when we first signed him and terrible in the Premier League (just like Gunter), but has come to be a reliable if unremarkable right back at this level. He held down a starting spot when we got promoted, and would probably have started 40 matches if not for injury.

He wasn't immense against Cardiff, we needed a job done and he did it.

+1
a fair and balanced view

+2 from me.

Armadillo Roadkill

by Armadillo Roadkill » 09 Jan 2015 07:12

Given some of the players who have played consistently over the years after continuously rubbish performances Cummings could have felt aggrieved not to have had more game time. As far as I'm aware he's never complained, never leaked stories to the press, never refused to sit on the bench, has worked hard and has done a job when called on. When I think of the number of chances HRK has had and what he's delivered, Cummings might well wonder what's he's done wrong.

Still, that's football. He deserves a chance somewhere where he'll play often and I for one wish him well.

urz13
Hob Nob Regular
Location: The following statement is false. The previous statement is true.

by urz13 » 09 Jan 2015 09:20

Cummings >>> Kelly
and on the basis of the past 5 months Cummings >> Gunter also

GH Royal

by GH Royal » 09 Jan 2015 09:25

Anyone who actually watched last season will know how good Gunter can be, he didn't come runners up POTS without a good reason. Admittedly he's been oxf*rd up until Clarkes come in but he's starting to regain his form and when Gunter is at his best he is miles ahead of any other RB option we have.

Really don't understand all the grief he gets on here, everyone was underperforming this season under Adkins, not just him.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 09 Jan 2015 09:29

GH Royal Anyone who actually watched last season will know how good Gunter can be, he didn't come runners up POTS without a good reason. Admittedly he's been oxf*rd up until Clarkes come in but he's starting to regain his form and when Gunter is at his best he is miles ahead of any other RB option we have.

Really don't understand all the grief he gets on here, everyone was underperforming this season under Adkins, not just him.

being captain didn't help on the scapegoat front, i rate Gunter and always have, solid full back - one of the best in the div when in form

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 09 Jan 2015 09:41

urz13 Cummings >>> Kelly
and on the basis of the past 5 months Cummings >> Gunter also

Lol. Is that why he's been overlooked by four managers and replaced three times. Cummings seems to get better the more he doesn't play.

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 09 Jan 2015 10:28

Cummings will always do a job when required (Leicester away 10/11 when he came in at left-back or Cardiff away in the playoffs) but he's never going to become a first-team regular again. Hard to believe he's on his fourth Reading manager since signing. Sell or release at the end of the season.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 09 Jan 2015 10:40

Cummings' attitude is fantastic and he's a cheap and more than adequate back up and I'd be happy to keep him as that, At this stage of his career though, he'll want to play. If there's even a sniff of a chance that Gunter, who despite his poor form this season, is our best RB, is going to sign a new contract, Cummings will be off to someone that can offer him regular first team football.

Largely solid, largely unspectacular, fine if he stays, not irreplaceable if he goes

Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

by Westwood52 » 09 Jan 2015 10:55

hughsies no.1 Probably put in the worst performance I have ever seen in a Reading shirt at WBA against Jerome Thomas in the Rodgers era but has since always done a decent job when called upon like that game at Cardiff, so wouldn't have him in the category Floyd has put him in!!

Yeah, I went to that game & he got shredded. Since then been ignored, but when he has turned up has been OK-rather keep him than Kelly.

Wasn't that the game where Matt Mills girlfriend was with us -Hollyoaks actress ? Did he marry her/dump her ?

Jimmy K

by Jimmy K » 09 Jan 2015 12:03

wally bassoon Makes sense, dont really have a problem with losing somebody who has only made about 15 appearances in the last three seasons. Would have been nice to get some money for him as I doubt he is a big earner, so getting his wages off of the books is not going to help much.

If only appearance to be counted we should offload first of all Karacan (7 times for 2 seasons)

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 09 Jan 2015 12:14

Jimmy K
wally bassoon Makes sense, dont really have a problem with losing somebody who has only made about 15 appearances in the last three seasons. Would have been nice to get some money for him as I doubt he is a big earner, so getting his wages off of the books is not going to help much.

If only appearance to be counted we should offload first of all Karacan (7 times for 2 seasons)

Now you're just being pedantic, the difference between the 2 being, Cummings hasn't been making appearances mostly due to 2 better players being ahead of him in the pecking order, Karacan is because of 2 very bad injuries.

YateleyRoyal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Either screwing or working, so the grind don't stop

by YateleyRoyal » 09 Jan 2015 12:15

Jimmy K

Stupidest post of the week. And that's saying something.

wally bassoon

by wally bassoon » 09 Jan 2015 12:29

YateleyRoyal
Jimmy K

Stupidest post of the week. And that's saying something.

Agreed, quite an entrance!

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 09 Jan 2015 13:03

The words, oxf*rd off newbie have never been so appropriate!

Jimmy K

by Jimmy K » 09 Jan 2015 13:54

tidus_mi2
Jimmy K

Now you're just being pedantic, the difference between the 2 being, Cummings hasn't been making appearances mostly due to 2 better players being ahead of him in the pecking order, Karacan is because of 2 very bad injuries.

Don't worry, the stats will not improve. Karacan will spend his rest career on the bench beholding Williams, Norwood, Guthrie and Akpan playing.

JamesWN

by JamesWN » 09 Jan 2015 13:58

Don't worry, the stats will not improve. Karacan will spend his rest career on the bench beholding Williams, Norwood, Guthrie and Akpan playing.[/quote]

Oxf*rd off Kes

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 09 Jan 2015 14:26

Jimmy K
tidus_mi2
Jimmy K If only appearance to be counted we should offload first of all Karacan (7 times for 2 seasons)

Don't worry, the stats will not improve. Karacan will spend his rest career on the bench beholding Williams, Norwood, Guthrie and Akpan playing.

where are you from? is it Mali?
your English is very good...

edinburghroyal

by edinburghroyal » 09 Jan 2015 17:54

Losing Cummings will be bad for the squad...

Agreed with the newbie, Karacan is useless, never added anything to the team, injury-prone donkey. How come is he the captain by the way?

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 10 Jan 2015 01:34

Because he's a jolly nice chap.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 10 Jan 2015 13:41

Er.. well Adkins ability to pick a good captain was one of his weaker qualities.