BFTG - Cardiff

RoyalAuzzie

Re: BFTG - Cardiff

by RoyalAuzzie » 25 Jan 2015 00:14

I'd take anyone at home in the next round. However it will inevitably be someone like Derby away - we always get a sh*t draw

pea
Hob Nob Regular

by pea » 25 Jan 2015 09:34

Federici - 7 - didn't really have much to do but made good decisions throughout
Gunter - 7 - got forward well and didn't look at all threatened by their winger (who was completely useless)
Hector - 9 - good with the ball at his feet, bullied Cardiff off the ball and was composed at all times
Pearce - 8 - just did his job
Obita - 8 - got forward well in the second half and his delivery was good, his assist for HRK was pinpoint
Williams - 7 - back to the standard he set before injury, confident in the centre of the park although the Cardiff central midfielders offered nothing in open play (are they just there for free kicks and long throws?)
7 - Chalobah - a less consistent seven than Williams, at times tried to be too fancy and gave the ball away needlessly, should have attacked the ball more for Jones goal but he wasn't his man really, but then won the ball back well, anchored the midfield, always offering an easy pass and moving the ball forward patiently, good passer picking out the best player in space.
Norwood - 8 - love the way he organises the team in possesion, tells people when to run and his awareness to move his marker to create space for someone else when he doesn't really want the ball is testament to his intelligence. I think having Chalobah alongside him could bring the best out of his skillset and his freekick was all about making the keeper think something different.
Blackman - 8 - didn't have a massive impact but he was good on the ball, drove us forward when needed, drew fouls and he tracked backed really well and stopped a number of counter attacks before they even looked like a threat
Pogrebnyak - 7 - worked hard all game but he had three or four chances in the box that a more instinctive striker would have buried every time. He just has to finish more of these chances because we shouldn't have needed the full 90 minutes to take the lead against the Cardiff team that showed up today.
McCleary - 7 - not his best game, didn't do anything wrong but we seem a bit reliant on him as our only individual threat in the final third, he's the only player I could see doing something special going forward and that makes him too easy for the opposition to crowd out. Need at least one, preferably two other players up front who will scare defenders in the way that he can to make us less one dimensional.

Kelly - 6 - he's a reliable defensive option but he just wasn't good on the ball today. Always a willing runner and looking for the ball but he just did nothing with it other than take poor touches. Still, one of the few positions at the moment where the second choice can come in and not make us weaker.
HRK - looked hungry today and took his goal perfectly, his best performances seem to come from the right?
Cooper - literally won every header at the death. Aerial domination

higher
Hob Nob Regular

by higher » 25 Jan 2015 10:24

Love it. :D

Will95
Hob Nob Regular

by Will95 » 25 Jan 2015 10:27

Brilliant second half, fantastic support and a big day on the booze, now a nice home game next please!

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 25 Jan 2015 10:57

MmmMonsterMunch Just back. Deservedly through & decent 2nd half performance. Chalobah lost Jones for their goal & got a ticking off .

Watch the way that Feds looks at Norwood after the Cardiff goal. The look says it all! At the time he clearly thought Norwood should have done better (he appeared to jump too late). Not sure Norwood is the best player to have stood on the line guarding the far post! Anyway, if he was at fault at all, Norwood made up for it with the way he played in general and the free kick he scored from.

Ian Royal What was up with Gunter?

Someone on here jinxed him by saying that we didn't need any cover for him because he never got injured!

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 25 Jan 2015 11:44

Ian Royal What was up with Gunter?

Appeared to take a knock on the ankle. Went off for treatment. But didn't look comfortable after he came back on. Flagged to the bench to be substituted.

Have to say Kelly had a great second half. Constantly pushing forward.

Cardiff were snuffed out in the second half. Seemed as if every time one their players got the ball. There was two Reading players on them.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 25 Jan 2015 12:01

Surprised no one has mentioned morrison's 1-0 gesture to the away end after their goal - poor old Morro! :lol:

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 25 Jan 2015 12:54

Hopefully Kelly can cement a place at RB!

retro royal

by retro royal » 25 Jan 2015 13:01

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 25 Jan 2015 13:47

Clutching at straws blaming Norwood for that IMO. Perhaps Norwood should have done a little better but Chalobah lost Jones completely and was absolutely at fault. He got an immediate ticking off from Fed & them immediately ran over to the bench & got a talking to there as well so it was pretty obvious that was his man & he failed to track him.

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 25 Jan 2015 14:18

On the highlights looks as though chalobah is the man in front of the near post and Hector was marking Jones without ever getting near him.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 25 Jan 2015 19:09

Simon's Church On the highlights looks as though chalobah is the man in front of the near post and Hector was marking Jones without ever getting near him.

Making mistakes is how players improve. Game is over. Move on.

Huckleberry Hound

by Huckleberry Hound » 25 Jan 2015 19:22

Royal Lady Surprised no one has mentioned morrison's 1-0 gesture to the away end after their goal - poor old Morro! :lol:

Didn't notice it at all, but he got a 'Morro- what's the score?' at 2-1 8)

Soporific first half.

Second half we were all over them. Thought we were looking at a replay, so Hal's winner was a bonus (looked like a bit of a miskick to me).

Not that impressed with Chalobah - didn't seem to be on the same wavelength as the rest of the team but hopefully that will come.

Shame I couldn't find any Black Dragon cider in the offies around the station after the game - that would have rounded the day off beautifully.

kwik-silva
Hob Nob Regular

by kwik-silva » 26 Jan 2015 00:17

Just got back, and we played well - dominated them and then conceded as always. Norwood's goal was atrocious, keeper takes a step the wrong way and just can't get back the other way. Hal's done exactly what he was brought on for which was great to see. Thought Blackman had a great game, at one point he was running pretty much everything. Pav was great also, and seeing Fabio trying to fight him was hilarious. McCleary had an alright first half but faded in the second which is completely understandable. Obita put in some horrible corners, but his delivery for HRK did what it needed to. Back four played as well defensively as I've seen 'em play, especially the CBs, even if they didn't have that much to do. Kelly was a great replacement down the right as well.

Didn't think it was a great game - when you manage to orchestrate a left, right, and middle of the stand alternating chant you know it could be better, but we did what we had to - and we're in the pot for Monday so there we go.

RoyallyFcuked
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyallyFcuked » 26 Jan 2015 00:48

Sounds like were gradually improving. I can imagine our fans were in decent voice at this one, especially after our winner. LOL at Cardiff and fee they paid for Morrison and some of the other donkeys at their club.

Hope we get an away tie against a team we should potentially be beating in the next round, such as Bradford, Sheffield United or Preston (and Rochdale or Cambridge if they get through).

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 26 Jan 2015 08:41

Simon's Church On the highlights looks as though chalobah is the man in front of the near post and Hector was marking Jones without ever getting near him.

I thought it was Hector too. It would make far more sense to have one of your centre backs marking Jones rather than a midfielder.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 26 Jan 2015 13:03

Royal Lady Surprised no one has mentioned morrison's 1-0 gesture to the away end after their goal

No doubt our fans were giving him grief for having the temerity to change clubs for better pay?

That said, he is (a) a dickhead and (b) sh*te.

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 26 Jan 2015 15:36

floyd__streete
Royal Lady Surprised no one has mentioned morrison's 1-0 gesture to the away end after their goal

No doubt our fans were giving him grief for having the temerity to change clubs for better pay?

That said, he is (a) a dickhead and (b) sh*te.

No m8 - he hacked down one of our players (McCleary I think) right in front of the away fans and got roundly booed, so turned round and gave it the "1-0" gesture

GH Royal

by GH Royal » 26 Jan 2015 15:46

Didn't think the boo's were that bad, I was under the impression he didn't force the move to Cardiff so felt no need to boo. We got top dollar for an average player so I was happy when he was sold.

Didn't see the 1-0 gesture to the crowd though, that would of pissed me off to be fair. I imagine over half the crowd were the same as me and didn't notice it, otherwise the boos would have been a lot louder.

10539.4 Miles Away
Hob Nob Regular

by 10539.4 Miles Away » 27 Jan 2015 05:58

RoyalAuzzie However it will inevitably be someone like Derby away

You had to didn't you?