Huddersfield(A) Match thread sponsored by Clarke's breakdown

171 posts
yappy

Re: Huddersfield(A) Match thread sponsored by Clarke's break

by yappy » 24 Feb 2015 22:19

Well what is Clarke meant to do? He can't play the same 11 every game when we're playing 3 games a week. It's not exactly his fault he's been left with this squad.

Armadillo Roadkill

by Armadillo Roadkill » 24 Feb 2015 22:22

He did mention in the post match interview they needed to learn from the performance and move on. Different words, but the sentiment remains dangerously close to taking the positives...

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 24 Feb 2015 22:27

Don`t all the other teams have tough schedules too? don`t do them any harm does it?

yappy

by yappy » 24 Feb 2015 22:33

Well I'm not sure I agree. There aren't many clubs in the Championship in a rich vein of form and I'm sure if you look at their line ups from their previous games, there has been some tinkering personnel wise. Leeds were actually top of the form table for the Championship prior to tonight's games, and I'm sure most people will recognise Leeds aren't anything special at this level. In fact even with our inconsistent form we were 7th in the form table!

Of course our cup run has resulted in additional games, which some others haven't faced and I personally don't think we've got the same strength in depth here as some of the top clubs in the Championship. Personally I can't wait until the summer so Clarke can have a real go at rebuilding.

nobrainers

by nobrainers » 24 Feb 2015 22:44

Personally come Summer I'd keep:
Hector
Williams
Mccleary
Cox
Norwood
Anderson
The rest really not up to it or loans or better off lower divs or flatterers...also take a good look at the kids and loan em or play em!

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 24 Feb 2015 22:50

Faithful Son
RoyalBlue
andrew1957 Don't forget that Clarke also needs to plan for next season and so he needs to see some of the fringe players in action. Some are playing for their futures at RFC (....which now look bleak!)

Perhaps he could tell those who are planning to travel hundreds of miles North on a weekday evening if that is what he is going to do.

THIS ^^
Also, perhaps he could wait until we're safe from relegation before "looking at fringe players". Or even ask the fans, we could quite easily tell that half his squad are clearly not good enough

Would argue that, at most, three of tonight's starting eleven are "not good enough" - Akpan, Taylor, and Yakubu (and that last one would be harsh). Everyone else is proven at this level or higher. Even then, we've won plenty of matches with Taylor and Akpan playing. We lost this match because two of the first names on the team sheet made uncharacteristic errors.

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 24 Feb 2015 23:07

If your talking about our Aussie stopper SCIAG that`s 3 error`s he`s made in as many weeks that have led to goals
, evening games only of course

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 24 Feb 2015 23:10

Faithful Son Also, perhaps he could wait until we're safe from relegation before "looking at fringe players". Or even ask the fans, we could quite easily tell that half his squad are clearly not good enough

How many of the clubs beneath us won tonight?

SC needs all the players a chance to prove themselves.

Went to Swindon vs Bradford tonight. Bradford were extremely poor first half. So poor as to make Swindon look good. In 1st half Swindon had 70% possession.

Bradford better second half. More like you would expect a Parky team to be. Very physical too. Lucky to escape without several more bookings and possibly a red card. Not a great footballing side. With their best moments coming from set pieces or Swindon mistakes.

Hopefully RFC scouts would have seen Massimo Luongo. Great first half , scored two goals from midfield and could of had a hat trick. Makes Swindon tick. A player who could step up a division effortlessly.

KC Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by KC Royal » 25 Feb 2015 13:29

Starting not to care about midweek games now. I honestly thought there had been a mistake when I saw the team line-up last night.

When Clarke got the job I was concerned about his lack of Championship experience (and was met with some criticism at the time I remember) and I think its showing in our midweek matches. In his year and a half at WBA he wouldn't have been used to playing twice a week that often. Even under Adkins this season we did generally seem to take our momentum into midweek games, whether good or bad, so you at least had a rough idea what to expect.

TBH yesterday my heart was at the Forest game on Saturday as it will be my first game of the season and I'm looking forward to it (also been looking ahead to Bradford too though not going to that). Hopefully Clarke had Saturday in mind when he made all those changes. A win there and a Millwall defeat and we're probably as good as safe too.

Baffled is the overriding emotion atm though, with the results against Wigan and Ipswich last week and the team selection last night. Thankfully Millwall got the result I expected last night (albeit slightly more comfortable than I thought it would be) so no harm was done.

old woman

by old woman » 25 Feb 2015 15:52

Blue Blood 9 corners tonight and 59% possession, bizarre

Passed it backwards and around the back 4 a lot. Any time it went forward it went astray or was cut out.

old woman

by old woman » 25 Feb 2015 16:01

windermere_royal If your talking about our Aussie stopper SCIAG that`s 3 error`s he`s made in as many weeks that have led to goals
, evening games only of course

With reference to the 2nd goal, he had nobody in front protecting him. Looked like the parting of the red sea.

171 posts