Funny / Annoying things you heard on Saturday..

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

Re: Funny / Annoying things you heard on Saturday..

by TBM » 19 Apr 2015 17:42

Pepe the Horseman
TBM
MmmMonsterMunch Saw a Reading fan with a Reading shirt on yesterday. On the back it said "Never Forget" and then 96 as the numbers. WTF? Has absolutely fcuk all to do with Reading.

Attention seeking nonsense.

That was Kes

Lol. Did you make it to the torch in the end m8? Didn't spot you as I was lobbing my beers over the fence.

Walked in, saw the 20min queue for a beer so turned round and went in crock of gold- served within a couple of mins and loads of room in the back garden in the sun 8)

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 19 Apr 2015 20:39

Whilst queuing to get into Wembley Park station Arsenal bloke in front of me came up with "These Reading fans think they were oxf*rd brilliant. I've seen more passion in a fruit". I snorted in derision whilst his mates were silent, he looked back at me as if he was seeking the approval of another gooner only to be met with my sneer then piped down.

North Somerset Royal

by North Somerset Royal » 19 Apr 2015 20:55

Anyone know who the tosser was walking around the concourse in a Chelsea away shirt?

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 19 Apr 2015 20:56

The most annoying thing I heard, or didn't hear more specifically, was the lack of vocal support where I was. In my block there must have been no more than 5 of us constantly singing, a lot of which was started by myself - now I have no intention of playing "I'm a better fan than you" I felt that given the occasion and the performance on the day it wouldn't be too hard to move your hands together and clap to "blue army"... :| the block directly to my right was completely silent throughout the whole game apart from a decent amount singing "reading till I die" at the final whistle. Whilst that's noble and all that shite, why the oxf*rd didn't you have the confidence to just sing something - it's not like the majority of our songs are particularly unique or taxing. Someone said "what's the point, they can't hear us from up here" - if everyone had that attitude football would be completely silent.

Though I have to admit I'm not surprised, if the atmosphere at the mad stad is so quiet and subdued with our regular fan base, I don't know why I was expecting thousands of happy go lucky "fans" who live in reading or got a ticket through a mate or whatever, to actually be any different.

I never thought I'd say this, as I absolutely abhor the expression and it's semantics but sepoy sly; go and support Chelsea or oxf*rd whatever prem team you actually care about. I'd rather be in a crowd of 10k real reading fans than 30k people who just rocked up because it was at Wembley.

Fao of those in the lower tiers, and those around me to sang...etc you lot were fantastic and a true credit to this club!

One final point, the drummer has a lot, I mean A LOT of critics, but on Saturday I felt he was really valuable (given the the size of the crowd) and coordinated a decent amount of chants and got people going together.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 19 Apr 2015 21:39

I was in the lower tier and it was very much unlike the usual Madejski atmosphere. We all stood up singing throughout the game making a massive racket. Even I was doing it.

Tbf I don't normally have 6 pints before a match.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 19 Apr 2015 21:40

leon I was in the lower tier and it was very much unlike the usual Madejski atmosphere. We all stood up singing throughout the game making a massive racket. Even I was doing it.

My take too, it was absolutely cracking.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 19 Apr 2015 21:42

CountryRoyal
Fao of those in the lower tiers, and those around me to sang...etc you lot were fantastic and a true credit to this club!

Thank you

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 19 Apr 2015 21:46

paultheroyal
leon I was in the lower tier and it was very much unlike the usual Madejski atmosphere. We all stood up singing throughout the game making a massive racket. Even I was doing it.

It was, wasn't it?

I've never enjoyed our "big days out" to Wembley or the Millennium Stadium but yesterday was terrific.

Fluff

by Fluff » 19 Apr 2015 21:56

Liking the Silverfish reference Leon.

The Cube

by The Cube » 19 Apr 2015 22:28

Bloke behind me at half-time (definitely a Reading supporter):

Sh*t, Wigan won.

VOR

by VOR » 19 Apr 2015 23:07

[quote="Tails"

PS Lauren(t) is a girl's name LA LA LA LAAA[/quote]

Lauren is, Laurent (French) isn't

Reading6Barrow3

by Reading6Barrow3 » 19 Apr 2015 23:52

I have no voice today, from shouting amnd singing. Actually difficult to tell the difference between the two. Apologies to any Arsenal fans that sneaked into the upper stand.

biff

by biff » 20 Apr 2015 00:33

paultheroyal

There was a point where the floodgates opened. I think it was when "reading boys, making all the noise" caught on. Scarves and shirts swinging, everyone joining it, Ive never felt so euphoric at a football match.

Royality creeps In
Hob Nob Regular

by Royality creeps In » 20 Apr 2015 07:28

The atmosphere in 112 was excellent.

The only downside was the sun in our eyes for the first half.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 20 Apr 2015 08:24

I was in 114, some twats were behind us and everything had to be expletives with them, their favourite seemed to be calling everyone and everything a f****** c***, I get that swearing will happen at a football match but they really took the piss.

Sounds like the work of TROLI and co?

Interesting to hear everyone praise the atmosphere, I was sat in 501 and thought that - for the most part - the game had all the atmosphere of a pre-season friendly. I guess the noise doesn't travel that well in a vast expanse does it.

Best/worst things I saw - an adult lady in 501 with both the Reading and Arsenal badges facepainted onto her cheeks :lol: and on the tube an Arsenal fan wearing a replica shirt under his suit jacket :| I think that Arsenal fans are the only fanbase more middle class than our own.....

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 20 Apr 2015 08:29

Going to bit controversial here. I don't care that much for Wembley. Every time I've gone I've felt the accoustics are dreadful.

Saying that the fans on Sat were sublime and it surpassed the 2011 effort with ease. I think everyone thought f*** it I'll keep singing even if it isn't in time with everyone else. No inhibitions just go for it. Why can't we be like that at home?! Hopefully this is a turning point now & we hear a decent crowd for the remaining games.

Like someone else said thought the drummer was useful on Sat too.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 20 Apr 2015 08:56

MmmMonsterMunch Going to bit controversial here. I don't care that much for Wembley. Every time I've gone I've felt the accoustics are dreadful.

Saying that the fans on Sat were sublime and it surpassed the 2011 effort with ease. I think everyone thought f*** it I'll keep singing even if it isn't in time with everyone else. No inhibitions just go for it. Why can't we be like that at home?! Hopefully this is a turning point now & we hear a decent crowd for the remaining games.

I think alcohol had a lot to do with it! I reckon we were the only drinkers in our part of 525! And it showed with our singing, but at least we sang

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 20 Apr 2015 09:01

Royal Lady
MmmMonsterMunch Going to bit controversial here. I don't care that much for Wembley. Every time I've gone I've felt the accoustics are dreadful.

I think alcohol had a lot to do with it! I reckon we were the only drinkers in our part of 525! And it showed with our singing, but at least we sang

:lol: We were all gone before we even got to Paddington. The train from Marylebone to Wembley was a good giggle. It was such a good day. Give me a play off final win over a league title any day - that's the one thing I want to see us chalk off. The absolute euphoria when GMac scored......

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 20 Apr 2015 09:04

Reading fans raucous walking up Wembley Way. My block (520) was very quiet, apart from three pissed up lads who were with some Spurs fans. I reckon I had an Arsenal couple next to me. Well, they stayed seated and impassive when we scored and even the rest of 520 was jumping around.
520 was the cheap seats, right up at the back, but we were pretty much level with the goal line and saw both borderline goal line incidents clearly.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 20 Apr 2015 09:46

CountryRoyal One final point, the drummer has a lot, I mean A LOT of critics, but on Saturday I felt he was really valuable (given the the size of the crowd) and coordinated a decent amount of chants and got people going together.

I actually agree with this and was gonna post something similar. I was in 112 so he was about 4-5 blocks over I think and I actually thought it added to the atmosphere as it wasn't constant, wasn't badly timed, and was fairly well executed.